Con Edison of New York Management Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on their website and got a call for an interview in less than two weeks. I interned with Con edison over the summer so they pushed me forward to the second part of the interview. The interview was at their headquarters on irving place. I was escorted to a room where two very friendly women, who were graduates from the management associate program, took turns asking questions. They started off with technical questions and then went into behavioral questions. This took about an hour. After they were done i was given two essay questions to answer in 250-350 words. They said they will let me know in 30-40 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you failed.   Answer Question
  • You are working in the customer service department and a customer calls to say they paid there bill but your system shows no record of it being paid. How do you handle this? The customer is very annoyed.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Con Edison of New York

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

Two interview process: both interviews have standard behavioral questions but the first also has questions on what you know about the company while the second tests your technical knowledge. Nothing too detailed, just know what commodities they provide and how they make their money. As for technical, it depends on your background, as an engineer you may expect some engineering questions

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you worked on a team; a time you made a mistake; what are your weakness/strengths; when were you a leader   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

In total the whole process took about six months. When I applied to the program I received an interview the next week. I was late applying, but after submitting my resume online I was asked to come in. The first interview process was with two graduates of the program with similar backgrounds. The first interview was big picture questions, and trying to get to know you. The second interview was more technical where the two managers asked specific questions related to your resume and your major. In addition to the interviews you are required to do a personality test online. After all of the interviews were complete, and the personality test was done I still had not heard back. I decided to give the HR Representative a call. She told me that they were waiting to see if they had received additional funding to let me into the program and told me she would call be back within the next few days. I received a call and was accepted into the program.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with confrontation? How did you handle this type of situation? What was the hardest decision you ever had to make?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York in October 2012.

Interview

On campus recruitment. 1st interview was on campus and mainly behavioral questions (Lots of what if this happens, how would you react in this situation?) 2nd Interview was at headquarters with past GOLD associates that are currently senior managers. There were a few technical questions that relates to your major and case studies. After you passed the 2nd interview, they will send you an email with links to take behavioral tests.

Interview Questions

• If your manager promotes you to a higher position (manager) and your co-workers do not think you're qualify because they have more experience than you, how would you respond to this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Asked a series of behavioral based questions that demanded direct work experience and resolution of difficult situations. Including how you would handle a poor manager or a team member that was ineffective in delivering information. Also, touched on challenging and difficult working conditions that may occur during a storm or emergency.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that you found yourself in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was setup through my University's career center. I was chosen from a large group of candidates, one 6 were chosen. Once of the worst interview experiences I have had. It appears they picked some random person to go show face for my school. The person read questions off a paper booklet, then wrote out each answer. So the continuity of the interview was horrible, having to repeat answers numerous times. Asked typical Questions. What are your weaknesses, Strengths. Best Project, Worst Project. What annoyed me is she left comments for the career center. Stated that I did not have enough knowledge of con Edison. When i spent a good time explaining how I could make a difference to the company and how they are in the business of selling and buying power. Asked them about the status of the position and didn't get a response for two months.Thanks but no thanks.

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York in February 2009.

Interview

I sat down in a room with two employees of the firm. One was a manager and one was a person who had just come out of the management program that I had applied for. I believed the interview was fairly easy. I went in there all confident and really didn't think much about the interview. They seemed to enjoy my stories and experiences, however I never received a call back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now within this company?   Answer Question