Con Edison of New York Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Sep 6, 2014

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in June 2014.

The entire process was very smooth and methodical. I applied online on a Monday and I was sent an email that Friday requesting an interview for that coming Monday - I accepted the interview time that they requested.

I then interviewed with 2 people who asked a series of behavioral, technical, and personality questions. The interview began with them reading through my resume and then they began to ask the questions that were prepared prior to my arrival. The questions were pretty straight forward (how would you handle this situation type questions) and it seemed as if they were looking more for leadership and technical skills.

I received my offer from Con Ed a little over a week after I interviewed- so the process took a little over 2 weeks from the date that I applied.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions were specific to the position - there were no curve balls there, you should be able to answer questions related to the job. Be prepared to provide stories about your leadership.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, they presented the offer with the salary and benefits and I accepted.

Senior Specialist EHS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

BEI - Multi-question behavioral oral examination (BEI) followed by technical review from a subject matter expert in the highering department. Typically there is a minimum panel of three interviewers, a HR rep., the Hiring Manager, and one other from the department.

Interview Questions
    Little to none - this is the job, this is the compenstation package - like it or leave it.

Computer Aide Temporary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

The interview was 9am and started on time. A panel of three people each from different disciplines like engineering comp sci etc. All three were very nice and answered all the question I had. Based on department will ask technical question along with behavioral questions. As long as you give good well thought out answers and take your time you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • if a fellow intern took a computer and told you what would you do?   View Answer
    No negations

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

1 interview; virtually 0 planning; went into the interviewing knowing that I would get the job before I even interviewed for it due to an inside connection who pulled strings for me.

Interview Questions
    Very straightforward. It was a union job, so there wasn't much to negotiate really. All the major details were set in stone by the collective bargaining agreement, which is not subject to negotiation.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

The interview was very well organized and it went very well. The interviewers were challenging and were easy to connect with.

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in January 2014.

Took approximately 3 months and consisted of an accounting knowlege exam, practical exam in typing for speed and accuracy, as well as a practical in Excel. The most difficult part was the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The BEI interview was difficult as I was not prepared for it and being under the normal pressure of an interview had trouble thinking of examples to express my skills in the way they asked. Be prepared to give examples of leadership, problem solving, and working with deadlines.   Answer Question

GOLD Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in November 2013.

Con Edison had representatives on campus. I spoke to them and handed them my resume. After a week I received a call for an initial interview. About two weeks later I was told to go to the city and have in person interview. Here the interview process was 3 parts. One technical, one behavioral and another you meet with the manager of the program. In late december I was asked to fill some paperwork and In january i did an online personality test. I received my offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • a lot of basic programming questions that you learn freshman year and forget as time goes by.   View Answer
    no negotiation

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in October 2013.

Exam, interview, medical examination. The exam is based on some electrical concepts and basic math. In addition, there are drafting questions such as elevation contours, coordinates and so on.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you have to submit a project and you need more time?   View Answer
    Just took it

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Con Edison of New York in May 2013.

the process took about 4 weeks.
    i had 3 interviews, phone interview, panel interview, and the last interview was with the assistant controller. also, know your resume inside and out, because they asked me about everything detailed.

Interview Questions
    • just beware that the second interview/panel interview is them asking you for instances you show leadership skills, you showed initiative, good teamwork, etc.   View Answer
    no negotiation, they offer me the amount i asked for.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Apply on the website. Wait for interview email or call. Go to interview with maybe to-be-supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how much power Con Ed sends to your home? If you were hired, and you become a friend with one of the other interns, he/she tells you he/she is going to take a laptop home, what would you do - tell supervisor or not?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Amount based on your experience and level in college.

Worked for Con Edison of New York? Contribute to the Community!