Con Edison of New York

Updated Feb 21, 2015

3.1

GOLD Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

I found out about the position through my school career website. Met two past Gold program members at a networking session then at a career fair. Received a campus interview within 2 weeks. Fortunately, I was interviewed by one of the past Gold program members that I had previously met. Within a week, I was invited for a 2nd round interview at the main office. Was told that I would know about the results within a month.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions regarding AISC and ACI manuals, surveying, soil mechanics   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Con Edison?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Con Edison of New York in November 2014.

I applied for the position on their website and got a call for an interview in less than two weeks. I interned with Con edison over the summer so they pushed me forward to the second part of the interview. The interview was at their headquarters on irving place. I was escorted to a room where two very friendly women, who were graduates from the management associate program, took turns asking questions. They started off with technical questions and then went into behavioral questions. This took about an hour. After they were done i was given two essay questions to answer in 250-350 words. They said they will let me know in 30-40 days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you failed.   Answer Question
    • You are working in the customer service department and a customer calls to say they paid there bill but your system shows no record of it being paid. How do you handle this? The customer is very annoyed.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Con Edison of New York in June 2014.

The entire process was very smooth and methodical. I applied online on a Monday and I was sent an email that Friday requesting an interview for that coming Monday - I accepted the interview time that they requested.

I then interviewed with 2 people who asked a series of behavioral, technical, and personality questions. The interview began with them reading through my resume and then they began to ask the questions that were prepared prior to my arrival. The questions were pretty straight forward (how would you handle this situation type questions) and it seemed as if they were looking more for leadership and technical skills.

I received my offer from Con Ed a little over a week after I interviewed- so the process took a little over 2 weeks from the date that I applied.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions were specific to the position - there were no curve balls there, you should be able to answer questions related to the job. Be prepared to provide stories about your leadership.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, they presented the offer with the salary and benefits and I accepted.

Senior Specialist EHS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

BEI - Multi-question behavioral oral examination (BEI) followed by technical review from a subject matter expert in the highering department. Typically there is a minimum panel of three interviewers, a HR rep., the Hiring Manager, and one other from the department.

Interview Questions
    Little to none - this is the job, this is the compenstation package - like it or leave it.

Computer Aide Temporary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

The interview was 9am and started on time. A panel of three people each from different disciplines like engineering comp sci etc. All three were very nice and answered all the question I had. Based on department will ask technical question along with behavioral questions. As long as you give good well thought out answers and take your time you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • if a fellow intern took a computer and told you what would you do?   View Answer
    No negations

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

1 interview; virtually 0 planning; went into the interviewing knowing that I would get the job before I even interviewed for it due to an inside connection who pulled strings for me.

Interview Questions
    Very straightforward. It was a union job, so there wasn't much to negotiate really. All the major details were set in stone by the collective bargaining agreement, which is not subject to negotiation.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

The interview was very well organized and it went very well. The interviewers were challenging and were easy to connect with.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Con Edison of New York in March 2014.

You apply online then they send you an invite for aptitude test. This test has five parts which are timed you have to finish all five as best as possible. The test takes 4 hrs so eat beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel if a person is yelling at you on the phone?   View Answer

Customer Seevice Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York in February 2014.

Very meticulous. One test on a computer which is five parts. Must pass each part before going on to next part. Then interview with manager with 20 pre set questions. Then there was a medical exam you had to go to before you get hired. Sight, hearing, flexibility, vitals, etc., etc., etc...

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you walked into work and noticed a puddle of water on floor?   View Answer

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York in January 2014.

Took approximately 3 months and consisted of an accounting knowlege exam, practical exam in typing for speed and accuracy, as well as a practical in Excel. The most difficult part was the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The BEI interview was difficult as I was not prepared for it and being under the normal pressure of an interview had trouble thinking of examples to express my skills in the way they asked. Be prepared to give examples of leadership, problem solving, and working with deadlines.   Answer Question