Con Edison of New York Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 22, 2015

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

1 interview; virtually 0 planning; went into the interviewing knowing that I would get the job before I even interviewed for it due to an inside connection who pulled strings for me.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work for our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very straightforward. It was a union job, so there wasn't much to negotiate really. All the major details were set in stone by the collective bargaining agreement, which is not subject to negotiation.

Engineering Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

A lot of times the interview process for college students is over the phone due to distance. It is very simple as they have an informal interview with a line of questions to answer that cover basic knowledge of the company, interests, and future goals. The interviewer was very friendly and conversational which eases stress.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very well organized and it went very well. The interviewers were challenging and were easy to connect with.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Con Edison of New York (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

You apply online then they send you an invite for aptitude test. This test has five parts which are timed you have to finish all five as best as possible. The test takes 4 hrs so eat beforehand.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if a person is yelling at you on the phone?   1 Answer

Customer Seevice Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Very meticulous. One test on a computer which is five parts. Must pass each part before going on to next part. Then interview with manager with 20 pre set questions. Then there was a medical exam you had to go to before you get hired. Sight, hearing, flexibility, vitals, etc., etc., etc...

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you walked into work and noticed a puddle of water on floor?   1 Answer

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Took approximately 3 months and consisted of an accounting knowlege exam, practical exam in typing for speed and accuracy, as well as a practical in Excel. The most difficult part was the interview.

Interview Questions

• The BEI interview was difficult as I was not prepared for it and being under the normal pressure of an interview had trouble thinking of examples to express my skills in the way they asked. Be prepared to give examples of leadership, problem solving, and working with deadlines.   Answer Question

GOLD Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Con Edison had representatives on campus. I spoke to them and handed them my resume. After a week I received a call for an initial interview. About two weeks later I was told to go to the city and have in person interview. Here the interview process was 3 parts. One technical, one behavioral and another you meet with the manager of the program. In late december I was asked to fill some paperwork and In january i did an online personality test. I received my offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• a lot of basic programming questions that you learn freshman year and forget as time goes by.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Exam, interview, medical examination. The exam is based on some electrical concepts and basic math. In addition, there are drafting questions such as elevation contours, coordinates and so on.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have to submit a project and you need more time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just took it

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

the process took about 4 weeks.
    i had 3 interviews, phone interview, panel interview, and the last interview was with the assistant controller. also, know your resume inside and out, because they asked me about everything detailed.

Interview Questions

• just beware that the second interview/panel interview is them asking you for instances you show leadership skills, you showed initiative, good teamwork, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, they offer me the amount i asked for.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Con Edison of New York (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Apply on the website. Wait for interview email or call. Go to interview with maybe to-be-supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how much power Con Ed sends to your home? If you were hired, and you become a friend with one of the other interns, he/she tells you he/she is going to take a laptop home, what would you do - tell supervisor or not?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Amount based on your experience and level in college.