Con Edison of New York PART TIME CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE Interview Questions

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Con Edison of New York.

First round of computerized testing with basic analytical and comprehension questions. Took around 2 to 4 hours to complete everything.
If you pass the first round, you will be scheduled for customer simulations. It involves listening to a series of actual calls from customers and you are supposed to reply in the same way.

Interview Questions
  • The interview involves a series of scenarios and how you would react.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Con Edison of New York

Part-Time Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Con Edison of New York in September 2011.

Much like the other person that reviewed for the CSR position, you will go through two testing. First is the general career test that consist of 5 parts: a) general knowledge; b) comprehension & problem solving; c) numerical computation; and d) written expression e) perception, memory and concentration. It wasn't hard at all although you are given a time limit for each part. The second part of the testing is a computer coaching interview. Basically you are given scenarios of what can happen when a customer calls. You are given a headset and the computer records your response to each statement or question. Again, not hard and you have given more then enough time to complete this. The employees at this testing site were VERY professional. They answered all questions politely and made you feel very comfortable even though you were about to take a critical test.

Now onto the third and final part of the testing, the structured interview. This test consisted of 90% scenario questions. They have several sheets of paper with scenario questions and in total I would say about 30 questions and they would ask you for examples from either work, school or life. Unfortunately I did not qualify although I answered all of the questions in favor of customers while doing what was best for company. The two interviewers which consisted of a male and female, which I felt were unprofessional and several times during the interview, covered up there faces with the question papers and talked amongst themselves, giggling. They didn't even take a look at my resume or my work experience even though I have 4 years with customer service. You will only get one shot at this and if you fail, you cannot reapply for the CSR position ever again.

As a electrical engineer student, hoping to get my foot in the door and work on the field for Con Edison after I graduate in a year, I felt I was robbed of my chance and opportunity to work in this great company because of the two interviewers. All I can say is good luck to all of those who are going for the structured interview.

I would rate this interview process easy but due to the unprofessionalism that I have encountered during the third part of the interview I would have to rate this as difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a customer that would not cooperate and you had to resolve their issue.   Answer Question

Part-Time Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Con Edison of New York in August 2010.

If you are selected for the interview, you will go through the process of general career test, computer coaching interview and formal oral interview. First, the three-hour general career test includes problems on: a) perception, memory and concentration; b) comprehension & problem solving; c) numerical computation; and d) written expression. It is not very difficult test; however, it is a little bit intimidating when you need to figure out complex energy-related tables and figures with such short time. Second, the computer coaching interview means to evaluate your customer service skill and reactive ability in various pre-recorded computer scenarios. The key to do well on this test depends on your ability to talk professionally and to react quickly. Unfortunately, I did not quality for the oral interview based on the result of the coaching interview and had no further comment. But the overall interview process was professional and was good experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • This question was non-applicable as I did not get to the oral interview.   Answer Question