Con Edison of New York Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.6

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

Applied in early June. Got called late June for interview. First interview is behavioral so just show leadership and taking responsibility and you'll be fine. Got called next day for a practical interview which was how I'd react in situations in my job everything went well. 5 weeks later got the offer letter. Company moves very slow so if you don't hear anything in a week or two don't fret it takes a while.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to take personal responsibility and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation they gave me what I wanted and then some

Other Interview Reviews for Con Edison of New York

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The entire process was very smooth and methodical. I applied online on a Monday and I was sent an email that Friday requesting an interview for that coming Monday - I accepted the interview time that they requested. I then interviewed with 2 people who asked a series of behavioral, technical, and personality questions. The interview began with them reading through my resume and then they began to ask the questions that were prepared prior to my arrival. The questions were pretty straight forward (how would you handle this situation type questions) and it seemed as if they were looking more for leadership and technical skills. I received my offer from Con Ed a little over a week after I interviewed- so the process took a little over 2 weeks from the date that I applied.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions were specific to the position - there were no curve balls there, you should be able to answer questions related to the job. Be prepared to provide stories about your leadership.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they presented the offer with the salary and benefits and I accepted.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York in March 2013.

Interview

First of all, was given the wrong address but was able to figure out where to go. A security guard at the gate was unaware of me having an interview and refused to let me in or call. A manager who was supposed to interview me could not be reached by phone. I waited outside for an hour to get a call back and to be escorted to the office. The interview itself was pretty much a standard one with general questions. In my opinion it went quite well especially because of my background/experience in management working for an energy company. I tried to follow up a few times and last time I spoke with a section manager she got annoyed of me calling back. Needless to say I never heard from them. One year after that I checked ConEd website and found the same job posted there. A few other jobs I found there in 2013 were posted again in 2014 so I am not sure if they rehire annually or those are "fake" jobs. Personally, this was a very bad experience for me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Within a couple of weeks I was invited by e-mail to participate in a phone interview. Phone interview was with several managers. I felt fairly neutral about the process, however people on the other end of the phone seemed a bit disinterested. Was invited to participate in the next step of the process by preparing a report based on a set of facts which was e-mailed to me. I subsequently declined and withdrew myself from consideration.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to use your own car in performing your duties.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York in December 2009.

Interview

I received a phone call from an HR recruiter expressing interest in my resume, and scheduled me for an interview about a week later. I met with my department personnel, and was called back by the recruiter for a second interview, where I met with the department director. About a week later I received a phone call offering me the position, and emailed me my offical offer. Overall a very smooth interview process