1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Regional Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Con-way Freight in February 2010.

I networked through their regional organization seeking an opportunity. I actually interviewed before the position was officially posted. I participated in two face-to-face interviews. Both walked through my resume asking me to highlight specific examples of challenges and solutions during each career stop. Interviewers wanted specific examples of goal attainment and dealing with difficult employees. Both managers were very 'leading' in recognizing that I had a strong fit with the organization. At the conclusion of the process they posted the position; told me to apply; and said we would meet again. I received official notice from corporate HR that I was a candidate. However, the nationwide posting generated a former employee with 8 - 10 years experience who was selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation where a direct report failed to do what was asked and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with pressure on your toughest days?   Answer Question

Worked for Con-way Freight? Contribute to the Community!