Con-way Freight Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Con-way Freight (Fresno, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call the next week. I went in and met with manager. Got called for a second interview the following week, this time with the operation manager and a freight operation supervisor. Both interviews went good. The managers were easy to talk to you.

Field Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Con-way Freight in May 2015.

Interview

Was very professional. Its the trucking industry so be prepared to work around truckers. The interview itself was very well conducted. The usual questions, integrity is important, so not having any would result in not getting hired. This company is all about arriving on time. Since getting hired I've learned that they don't hire anyone who comes in late.

Interview Questions

• Asked to remember a specific time when I needed to go outside of company policy, why, etc   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKees Rocks, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Con-way Freight (McKees Rocks, PA).

Interview

It was a telephone interview after being interviewed by the temp agency they used. I had a face to face interview with the temp agency first. I thought the interview went great. I was offered the job during the telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a little about myself and my work experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Con-way Freight (Wichita, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then face to face after a couple of weeks. The terminal manager went through a list of experience questions, "describe a time" type scenarios. It was a one on one, and the terminal manager wrote down all my answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time you had with your former boss or supervisor   1 Answer

Freight Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Con-way Freight.

Interview

First interview went great asked the basic questions. what is customer service? have you managed people before? how have you solved a difficult task? what was the outcome of the task you solved? what skills can you provide to our company? why should we hire you? tell us more about yourself

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation you sign a contract

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Con-way Freight (Des Moines, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

the interview process was simple. perhaps i was prepared and that always makes things easier. i answered questions with quantified selling points.i have taken a career development class so therefore i was prepared for whatever the h.r. asked me

Interview Questions

• what kind of experience do you have   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Con-way Freight (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

It was quite a detailed interview. They asked about my previous experience with LTL in which I had 2 years experience. I was first called in for a 1 on 1 interview, then another interview with office manager as well as HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My negotiation was my salary, and after 90 days, benefits, personal time off accrued after probation period, and raise as well.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Con-way Freight.

Interview

It was a very disappointing experience as I came perfectly prepared and the company was not. I got many sorts of conflicting information. First, I met with HR, who said the entire team got an email this morning so everything was ready. They made sure I would have a Mac adapter, which I requested, and I was actually going for a 2 hr interview (not 1 hr as previously stated). She said I was meeting with one person from UX, and then the entire team. I said that was fine, even though it was not as planned. When I met with actually 2 people from UX, they seemed surprised I had a presentation, which I was told to prepared. They also did not have an adapter, and seemed to have never heard of a request. Luckily, I came ready with a flash drive in case this happened. Then, they ended the interview at 1 hr, and i asked where I was going next, but they said it was only a 1 hr interview, and they'll ask me back after discussion. One person didn't seem to know what project they were hiring for. I'm not sure where the breakdown in communication was, but it was one of the most disorganized experiences I've been through.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where the job was very political and you were asked to change directions multiple times.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Con-way Freight (Fremont, IN).

Interview

meet with the HR Manager and got asked a few questions. I just used my personal experience to answer some of the simple questions. The Interview took no more than 30 min and i was able to land the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me the starting rate for a CSR and I took it

Freight Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Con-way Freight.

Interview

The hiring went well. It can take awhile since they use a outsource vendor to do the background check. They were not fun to deal with but once everything was settled on boarding was simple. Benefits were immediately and the HR department was fast.