Con-way Freight

www.con-way.com

Con-way Freight Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Fremont, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Con-way Freight.

Interview Details – meet with the HR Manager and got asked a few questions. I just used my personal experience to answer some of the simple questions. The Interview took no more than 30 min and i was able to land the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Hazmat Questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me the starting rate for a CSR and I took it

OTR Driver Interview

OTR Driver
Tolleson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Con-way Freight in January 2013.

Interview Details – Fill out online application, call recruiting a couple days later to follow up, arrange a time to attend orientation, ride greyhound hundreds of miles, check into motel where orientation held ( for the Phoenix AZ orientation), take drug test/physical, fill out paperwork, twiddle thumbs for a week while HR verifies your background, take phone interview, take road test, then officially get hired.

Interview Question – Don't come to orientation thinking they've already verified your employment history/references -- they do that during orientation and will send people packing for lies & omissions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations -- everyone paid from a chart based on experience

Freight Operations Manager Interview

Freight Operations Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Con-way Freight.

Interview Details – The hiring went well. It can take awhile since they use a outsource vendor to do the background check. They were not fun to deal with but once everything was settled on boarding was simple. Benefits were immediately and the HR department was fast.

Interview Question – What was my biggest fear?   View Answers (2)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learning and Development Facilitator Interview

Learning and Development Facilitator
North Richland Hills, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Con-way Freight in February 2012.

Interview Details – I received a phone call scheduling a phone screen within a couple of weeks of applying for the position. The phone screen was informal and a basic "tell me about yourself and your background" interview. I received a request for the first on-site interview within a week after the phone screen. I met with the HR Manager, who asked more in depth probing questions as to what type of training I had designed and implemented, for the first on-site visit. I was invited back for a second on-site visit to meet with the HR Manager and VP of Administration. For this interview I was asked to present a 15 minute training of relevance to the business. No additional questions were asked at the second on-site visit. I received the job offer the same day of the second on-site visit.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Expectations were established up front.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Con-way Freight in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 5 people - Management, Project Manager & Team members

Interview Question – Very technical questions regarding .NET   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Came in as contractor - not much negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Con-way Freight in December 2011.

Interview Details – Online application was easy to navigate and apply. Two days after applying received a call to schedule an interview

Interview Question – What is one negative description about yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – strait forward. Salaries are tiered so everyone one starts at the same amount

Senior Pricing Analyst Interview

Senior Pricing Analyst
Wellford, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Con-way Freight in August 2010.

Interview Details – Went through a series of interviews, with: Terminal manager, Regional mgr.,Regional Sales manager,and corporate sales manager, all face to face, and on different days. We mainly discussed my past sales experiences with my former employees. I also had many questions regarding benefits, pension, company car, office policies, expenses, and the performance of Con-Way versus the competition.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you here at Con-Way?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I simply told them I would not leave the company I was with at the time for less than an increase of at least $100.00 per week.

Dsr Interview

Dsr
Winchester, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Con-way Freight in April 2012.

Interview Details – As long as you have a clean driving record and can do the job

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one

Freight Operations Supervisor Interview

Freight Operations Supervisor
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Con-way Freight in April 2010.

Interview Details – know the core values of the company

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much room ot negotiate

Freight Operations Supervisor Interview

Freight Operations Supervisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Con-way Freight in May 2011.

Interview Details – easy and standard 3 part interview. phone, in person and final interview with up to 3 managers.

Interview Question – What baggage do you have?   Answer Question

Worked for Con-way Freight? Contribute to the Community!