Con-way
www.con-way.com Ann Arbor, MI 5000+ Employees

Con-way Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor

Interviewed at Con-way

Interview Details – 1st interview took 3 hours and I was offered the job.

Freight Broker Interview

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Con-way in January 2011.

Interview Details – Typical phone pre interview, background check, face to face intervies.

Negotiation Details – Everything is pretty standard rates.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Con-way in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed for position of programmer. Interview questions were moderate. There were 5 persons in the panel. Two of them were asking technical questions and others asked general questions like weakness, strength etc. Only one telephonic interview happened.

Interview Question – What technology or tools do you prefer to work on?   View Answer

Regional Operations Assistant Interview

Houston, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Con-way in February 2010.

Interview Details – I networked through their regional organization seeking an opportunity. I actually interviewed before the position was officially posted. I participated in two face-to-face interviews. Both walked through my resume asking me to highlight specific examples of challenges and solutions during each career stop. Interviewers wanted specific examples of goal attainment and dealing with difficult employees. Both managers were very 'leading' in recognizing that I had a strong fit with the organization. At the conclusion of the process they posted the position; told me to apply; and said we would meet again. I received official notice from corporate HR that I was a candidate. However, the nationwide posting generated a former employee with 8 - 10 years experience who was selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where a direct report failed to do what was asked and how you handled it?   Answer Question
  • How do you deal with pressure on your toughest days?   Answer Question

Warehouse Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Con-way in July 2012.

Interview Details – Had a brief phone interview after which I was asked to meet with managers at local location. Showed up early and was kept waiting for more than 30 minutes.

Interview Question – I was asked if I would how I would manage in a non structured management environment   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Con-way in November 2010.

Interview Details – started off with a one on one interview with HR. had an interview with the manager of the group on the next visit and on the third visit had an interview with the controller and with the staff from the team to make sure i was liked and could get along with the staff.

Interview Question – Nothing really that unusual was asked   Answer Question

EDI Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Con-way in July 2009.

Interview Details – Very long process, and new applicants being added along the way. First I was one of 5, then one of 10+ being interviewed in the 3+ months it took. Panel group doubled from 4 at first interview to 8 at second interview. Interviews scheduled 3+ weeks in advance to accomodate large group of interviewers, then 3 weeks for a decision, and another 3+ weeks to schedule second round of interviews. Two interviews, 11 different panel members (hiring manager was consistent), started in May, final decision in August. No feedback at the end as to why I was asked to second interview, but didn't make the cut for one of the 3 positions being filled.

Interview Question – How do you organize your day/time and how will that benefit our team?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Con-way? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Con-way interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Con-way employees and interview candidates.