ConAgra Foods Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.7

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in August 2009.

The hiring process was very extensive I had 4 interviews- the final being a panel interview of five people. They utilized the STAR method. Each question you had to integrate your Situation, Task, Action, Result- all had to be incorporated into your answer.
    Background check was thorough. Here are examples of two questions:
    Give me a specific example of a time when a co-worker criticized your work in front of others. How did you respond? How has that event shaped the way you communicate with others?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed to meet a deadline. What things did you fail to do? What were the
      repercussions? What did you learn?
        Answer Question
    I negotiated for more vacation and got it.. 3 weeks versus standard two week package.

Director Finance Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in December 2009.

Varies between functions - some have 3-4 interviews, one on one for 45 minutes for each while others have 3 or 4 hour and a half interviews in a 2 on 1 environment.

Interview Questions
    • If you were shrunk to size of a penny and dropped in an empty blender that was about to be turned on what you would do?   View Answer

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in January 2011.

Intial interview was by phone with the recruiter then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was not leaving in Omaha at the time. When I arrived in Omaha, I had 4 interviews in one day with different directors in the organiztion. It was EXHAUSTING!

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience type questions. what methodology do you use when managanging projects. etc.   Answer Question
    Did not negiotiate. Was very happy with the offer.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in April 2012.

Scopes do

Interview Questions
    • the stupid, where do you want to be five years from now   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in October 2009.

Interview process with company recruiter was good, to the point, friendly, and efficient. Phone interview with the manager was challenging as they both used SAR method. Situation, Action, and Results. You must know your numbers and your metrics. Failure to not know this or be able to explain them will not get you to the next round. Be prepared for metrics that are important to them from you previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions of metric results at previous employers. Quality complaints, safety, cost reductions, efficiencies, etc. Have them all and what you personally did to affect them!   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

The process took a day - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in August 2010.

The interview was very detailed and a full day (8:00 am - 4:30 pm), meeting with 8 different people. I thought it was a great opportunity to meet the people I would be working with and to put my best foot forward. It is very important to prepare, do as much research as possible. Learn about ConAgra's position as a company and our portfolio of brands. Do your best to understand current Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry trends that could be impacting ConAgra. With such a detailed and extensive interview process the candidates who are prepared will obviously stand out.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a situation when others on your team don't accomplish what they were supposed to do?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in March 2011.

2 on 1 interview, came to my college campus.

Interview Questions
    • What type of technology do you utilize to keep yourself organized   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Mostly phone interviews, asked a mix of behavioral and standard interview questions. Big on how much you know about the company.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel you could contribute to the growth of the company in the future?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Through MBA on campus interview a candidate is selected after submitting an interview and networking with ConAgra representatives. The interview is only one round and then ConAgra decides if you got the internship. Its a 45 minute interview

Interview Questions
    • Questions are vague- one that seemed easy was What is your favorite product, and why? Then immediately after- what could they do to improve- and then they follow up. Be prepared with answers to this- also they are looking for brief and concise answers   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in May 2012.

The interview procedure was detailed and had few rounds before the offer was laid out.
    1. First round telephonic interview on general with the hiring manager
    2. Second round telephonic with HR director
    3. Onsite technical interview with hiring manager
    4. Onsite technical interview with other technical group
    5. Onsite managerial interview with up line Director
    6. Last round telephonic interview since the hiring manager and up line director changed by then.

Interview Questions
    • Not any as such. They were really nice people and kept asking the questions relevant for the position   Answer Question
    1 month in total since it was a year end

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!