ConAgra Foods

95 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in August 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very extensive I had 4 interviews- the final being a panel interview of five people. They utilized the STAR method. Each question you had to integrate your Situation, Task, Action, Result- all had to be incorporated into your answer.
Background check was thorough. Here are examples of two questions:
Give me a specific example of a time when a co-worker criticized your work in front of others. How did you respond? How has that event shaped the way you communicate with others?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed to meet a deadline. What things did you fail to do? What were the
repercussions? What did you learn?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for more vacation and got it.. 3 weeks versus standard two week package.

Very Difficult Interview

Director Finance Interview

Director Finance

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in December 2009.

Interview Details – Varies between functions - some have 3-4 interviews, one on one for 45 minutes for each while others have 3 or 4 hour and a half interviews in a 2 on 1 environment.

Interview Question – If you were shrunk to size of a penny and dropped in an empty blender that was about to be turned on what you would do?   View Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview procedure was detailed and had few rounds before the offer was laid out.
1. First round telephonic interview on general with the hiring manager
2. Second round telephonic with HR director
3. Onsite technical interview with hiring manager
4. Onsite technical interview with other technical group
5. Onsite managerial interview with up line Director
6. Last round telephonic interview since the hiring manager and up line director changed by then.

Interview Question – Not any as such. They were really nice people and kept asking the questions relevant for the position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 month in total since it was a year end

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details – Through MBA on campus interview a candidate is selected after submitting an interview and networking with ConAgra representatives. The interview is only one round and then ConAgra decides if you got the internship. Its a 45 minute interview

Interview Question – Questions are vague- one that seemed easy was What is your favorite product, and why? Then immediately after- what could they do to improve- and then they follow up. Be prepared with answers to this- also they are looking for brief and concise answers   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Maintenance Supervisor
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in May 2009.

Interview Details – Questions started with how I dealt with employees and problems, discipline, training, development. But most questions focused on background experience with SAP, and managing safety program and training for maintenance. I gave numerous examples on how I previously drew people into SAP process, reinforced documentation, and disciplined those who dragged feet about change. Also gave detailed examples of balancing positive involvement vs. the disciplinary process to overcome resistant Shop Floor leaders. Examples were good enough that each panel member asked for more.

Interview Question – How do we know you can develop people and manage their safety to get results?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I made positive impression during panel interview, and was told offer would be forthcoming in next week. Due to economy, asked for 5% less than previous position, and they agreed.
Also was granted $5K relocation allowance to move myself, with gross-up adjustment to cover taxes.
Position paid overtime, if required to work more than five days a week in Supervisory role.

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in November 2007.

Interview Details – They start with a video interview with HR and the hiring manager. If you pass that, then they bring you in to meet about 6 different marketers.

Interview Question – Everything was behavorial. Tell me a time when..... the usual questions. Just have examples that are on your resume to deal with cross-functional leadership, management etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You need to negotiate. I was able to get my offer increased because I had competing offers

Manager Interview

Manager
Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process with company recruiter was good, to the point, friendly, and efficient. Phone interview with the manager was challenging as they both used SAR method. Situation, Action, and Results. You must know your numbers and your metrics. Failure to not know this or be able to explain them will not get you to the next round. Be prepared for metrics that are important to them from you previous jobs.

Interview Question – Specific questions of metric results at previous employers. Quality complaints, safety, cost reductions, efficiencies, etc. Have them all and what you personally did to affect them!   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Omaha, NE

The process took a day - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very detailed and a full day (8:00 am - 4:30 pm), meeting with 8 different people. I thought it was a great opportunity to meet the people I would be working with and to put my best foot forward. It is very important to prepare, do as much research as possible. Learn about ConAgra's position as a company and our portfolio of brands. Do your best to understand current Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry trends that could be impacting ConAgra. With such a detailed and extensive interview process the candidates who are prepared will obviously stand out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question
  • How do you handle a situation when others on your team don't accomplish what they were supposed to do?   Answer Question

Project Administrator Interview

Project Administrator
Omaha, NE

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in January 2011.

Interview Details – Intial interview was by phone with the recruiter then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was not leaving in Omaha at the time. When I arrived in Omaha, I had 4 interviews in one day with different directors in the organiztion. It was EXHAUSTING!

Interview Question – What is your experience type questions. what methodology do you use when managanging projects. etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negiotiate. Was very happy with the offer.

Finance Interview

Finance
Omaha, NE

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in March 2011.

Interview Details – 2 on 1 interview, came to my college campus.

Interview Question – What type of technology do you utilize to keep yourself organized   Answer Question

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!