ConAgra Foods

2.7

Director Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in July 2009.

Found the job via a relationship with an executive recruiter. Entered the process for consideration through an HR phone screen and two phone screens with two VPs in IT and Finance (one was the hiring manager). Visited on site for a full day of interviews and was provided a real estate tour by a real estate professional, which was very helpful to learn about living in Omaha. Relocation benefits to transfer from Chicago, IL to Omaha, NE helped during the transition.

Interview Questions
    • At the time, my relocation benefits were not that good and we had a difficult time selling a house with no real support from the company where we lost money on the sale of my home. I believe the organization has since improved relocation benefits and they are much better for my career level and above.   Answer Question
    Based upon market value of my services and what I thought was fair compensation, plus the chance for long term stock incentive comp (in the form of options) as well as a pension plan, there was real value and the actual process was easy.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Met them at a career fair and had dinner with them the same day. Very friendly people. the interviewers was the hiring manager as well as a fellow intern. Interview atmosphere was very formal and they asked two technical questions I didn't know. Didn't follow up on the application process since someone I knew already received the internship.

Associate Category Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Phone interview with Recruiter and Hiring Manager, then flown to IL for an all day interview consisting of 6 people. They are really just looking to see your personality and for good fit.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult or unexpected. Very standard questions were asking to gain a better insight into my experiences and personality.   View Answers (2)
    I did not negotiate because the offer was great.

Financial Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Met them at my career fair where they immediatly followed up the next day to schedule an interview, I met with them for an hour (2 30 minute 2 on 1 interviews) where I was absolutley grilled with behavioral questions for an hour, many of which were incredibly difficult and hard to think of something off the top of my head

Interview Questions
    • Name one time where you throughly conducted data analysis of an industry and discuss your findings   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Introduced through a university sponsored job fair. The interview was very conversational and insightful into their process. Seemed like a great place to work

IT Intern Interview

3 half hour interviews. All consisted of directors at ConAgra, they are very casual and are dressed in polos and want you to be comfortable. No specific questions about experience they are open to all majors. Very fun time actually, they called the next morning. WARNING it is a hair drug test, which I found to be odd. Other than that very easy process.

Senior Consumer Affairs Claims Representative III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source – interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Was not interviewed.... ConAgra acquired Ralcorp and my position was transitioned. Many employees were demoted and were not given any other options. The entire process took approximately one year. Recent changes were made just 24 hours ago, during their fiscal year.

none was offered

Intern Interview

One on campus interview, got a call the next day. Accepted the postion and started in the summer. Started off with work right away, bascially taking over a full time job

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Focused heavily on behavior and situational questions. The interview was structured into two mini interviews within 30 minutes. The first portion was with two employees and it began with basic questions then it went into more in depth about my interests and skills. The second portion was also with another two employees which asked a lot of behavioral questions. The interviewers ask a lot of questions so be prepared with an example of a challenging time or a situation you had to be a leader in mind that would work for answering a variety of questions.

Brand Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

on campus interview, two interviews same day and then an offer call later in the week, plenty of time to decide, should network with people at the company to get the interview, but very straight forward, questions were all behavioral, tell me a time you led a team, greatest professional accomplishment

Interview Questions
    didn't negotiate, pretty standard and a great offer for an internship