ConAgra Foods

Getting the Interview

89 candidate interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details – Introduced through a university sponsored job fair. The interview was very conversational and insightful into their process. Seemed like a great place to work

Interview Question – None. Very standard questions   Answer Question

Financial Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details – Met them at my career fair where they immediatly followed up the next day to schedule an interview, I met with them for an hour (2 30 minute 2 on 1 interviews) where I was absolutley grilled with behavioral questions for an hour, many of which were incredibly difficult and hard to think of something off the top of my head

Interview Question – Name one time where you throughly conducted data analysis of an industry and discuss your findings   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details – Met them at a career fair and had dinner with them the same day. Very friendly people. the interviewers was the hiring manager as well as a fellow intern. Interview atmosphere was very formal and they asked two technical questions I didn't know. Didn't follow up on the application process since someone I knew already received the internship.

Interview Question – List some reasons why popcorn does not pop   Answer Question

IT INtern Interview

Interview Details – 3 half hour interviews. All consisted of directors at ConAgra, they are very casual and are dressed in polos and want you to be comfortable. No specific questions about experience they are open to all majors. Very fun time actually, they called the next morning. WARNING it is a hair drug test, which I found to be odd. Other than that very easy process.

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure.   Answer Question

Associate Category Manager Interview

Associate Category Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details – Phone interview with Recruiter and Hiring Manager, then flown to IL for an all day interview consisting of 6 people. They are really just looking to see your personality and for good fit.

Interview Question – None were difficult or unexpected. Very standard questions were asking to gain a better insight into my experiences and personality.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because the offer was great.

Director Finance Interview

Director Finance
Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in July 2009.

Interview Details – Found the job via a relationship with an executive recruiter. Entered the process for consideration through an HR phone screen and two phone screens with two VPs in IT and Finance (one was the hiring manager). Visited on site for a full day of interviews and was provided a real estate tour by a real estate professional, which was very helpful to learn about living in Omaha. Relocation benefits to transfer from Chicago, IL to Omaha, NE helped during the transition.

Interview Question – At the time, my relocation benefits were not that good and we had a difficult time selling a house with no real support from the company where we lost money on the sale of my home. I believe the organization has since improved relocation benefits and they are much better for my career level and above.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Based upon market value of my services and what I thought was fair compensation, plus the chance for long term stock incentive comp (in the form of options) as well as a pension plan, there was real value and the actual process was easy.

IT Intern Interview

Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in November 2011.

Interview Details – 3 30 minute interviews through campus recruiting

Interview Question – Describe a time where your leadership was tested.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Intern Interview

Oakdale, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in June 2010.

Interview Details – You must be studying at a college or university. They have you do a drug test. As long as you're friendly, you'll probably get hired. I was told that they weren't hiring anymore. I left my resume there and told them if anyone quit or became ill to call me.

Interview Question – There was no formal interview. They ask about school, your major, your previous work experience, and your plans for the future.   Answer Question

Transportation & Logistics Senior Specialist Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details – I was hired in 1986 so it has most likely changed. I was interviewed by the Department Head and offered the job on the first interview.

Interview Question – I did not have this occur - I had 12 years experience for the position and they needed someone that could step in immediately   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered at the time in 1986 19,000/yr and the HR head came into the meeting and said if you want her you better make it worth her while and took the position at 21,000/yr.

General Labor Interview

Trenton, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in March 2009.

Interview Details – 5 minute interview.... 140 people present, 4 hired.

Interview Question – Basic questions, they made it perfectly clear that they work 13 days in a row, 1 day off... repeat.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, bound by contractual language.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ConAgra Foods

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!

ConAgra Foods Videos

ConAgra Foods – Why Work for Us?

At ConAgra Foods, we believe in the power of great food. Food you turn to every day, food you count on as part of your life. We make food that does more than satisfy your hunger — it actually gives you less to worry… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ConAgra Foods interview questions and advice. All 89 interview reviews posted anonymously by ConAgra Foods employees and interview candidates.