ConAgra Foods

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.7

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in November 2014.

Spoke with a Sr. Financial Analyst via telehpone who screened me through to an interview with two finance managers. The second interview was two 30 minute WebEx interview back to back. About two weeks later (Thanksgiving in the middle may have slowed this down) they got back to me. In terms of the questions, it was all behavioral questions - how are you working to meet goals? Example of teamwork? etc.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about my favorite ConAgra product - testing to see if I actually knew the company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

After applying, it took 2 weeks to get an interview scheduled. One week later, I did a video-interview with two employees. The next day I received a call with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Basic facts about yourself, lots of behavioral questions, knowledge about ConAgra, what you think you will get out of the internship   Answer Question

Sale Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

There were 3 phone Interviews, one in-person interview. Lots of great questions during the phone interviews but when it came to the in-person interview with three team members and one manager on conference call, the conversation had a few unnecessary skill testing questions (see below), which I would have never thought would have been asked.

Interview Questions
    • List the steps on how you would get new a customer?   View Answer
    • List the things you'd do on a work day starting with getting out of bed?   View Answer

Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Visited a ConAgra foods booth at an Iowa State career fair. They seemed extremely nice and knowledgeable about engineering projects and operations. After talking to 2 people at the booth I left and within 1 hour I received a call to schedule an on campus interview with in the next two days. The interview was a one on one. In two weeks I received a call from headquarters asking me to rank 12 Manufacturing plants in order in which I would like to interview with. I then received two invites for a webex conference interview. Both interviews had 3 people asking questions. within the week I had an offer from my first choice. Background check and hair follicle test are required 30 days before your start date.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about the diversity of the manufacturing floor at your previous employer?   Answer Question
    I had a week to accept or decline. I am unaware if negotiation is possible as an intern however I wouldn't try it.

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in October 2014.

There was an on campus interview consisting of two parts. The first part consisted of meeting with two representatives from ConAgra from the HR department. It was a lot of behavior based questions and questions about my past experience. The second part was much of the same, but with two people from the IT department. It was very friendly, a lot of just getting to know you and seeing if you would fit in with the team.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. It was just a conversation between me and them, nothing technical in terms of IT.   Answer Question

Team Leader Production Interview

interviewed at ConAgra Foods in May 2013.

Campus, phone, panel interview in that order. Panel was a little daunting due to the large amount of people in the room. Be prepared for situational questions. Everything was very open ended. Took about an hour to complete

No negotiations

Content Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied online – interviewed at ConAgra Foods in March 2013.

I was contacted by a contracted HR rep after submitting my resume. He had an informal initial call with me (I'm not sure if it was meant to be informal but he admitted he was only going to be at the company for 3 more months and it felt like he was just sort of going through the motions.)

I then went onsite for what was supposed to be an all-day session. 2 of the 5 people I was supposed to meet with were unavailable and I did one session by phone. I was in a really small room on the first floor and people came to the room to chat with me. I had an hour gap between sessions and poked my head out to ask if I could go to the cafeteria to grab something to drink. It was awkward, they hunted down someone to take me--it was nice they offered to pay, but I really just needed to take a stroll out of the tiny room! The person that was supposed to take me to lunch was a no-show. They ended up cutting the day short with the people that couldn't make it, which was fine but made it awkward to leave since I was supposed to take the Metra to and from the city. I ended up calling a friend in the burbs and grabbing lunch with her.

I sent my thank you notes. The HR guy didn't return my calls for a couple of weeks. I assumed they were still interviewing or not interested in me. I wanted to speak with him live but after a couple of tries I left him a message saying I wanted to withdraw from consideration (both because I had something else crop up I was more interested in and the culture and they way they were handling me was a turnoff). He finally called me to ask me to come back in for more interviews and I reiterated I'd decided to withdraw. Then he got upset with me and told me I'd wasted everyone's time--basically, I don't think he told the hiring managers I was not part of the consideration any longer (or didn't listen to my voicemail). It was not a great experience.

Overall I felt like the culture was little old-school and stuffy. The people I spoke with didn't seem all that excited about their jobs or the future of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Just the usual spate of questions. Challenges, examples, etc. If anything, I felt like my questions about the industry and their place in it were sort of deflected.   Answer Question

Research Quality Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in January 2013.

Easy, interview on campus with an HR representative and 2 senior food scientists. I was asked some basic food science questions based on cases. For example in a list of x y z ingredients in a frozen meal which one is more sensitive to the frrezing process ?

No negotiating

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in February 2014.

Applied online and was contacted the next day by Human Resource, scheduled an interview for a couple days later. First step of the interview was a Wonderlic test. Then a skills test to ensure you can copy numbers down accurately. The HR rep told me my Wonderlic score was the highest she had ever heard of before showing me to a room where I was interviewed my a non-hiring manager (hiring manager was busy) and 2 Team Leaders. Nothing too exciting about the interview, they looked at my resume and asked questions from it. Interview lasted longer than I expected. Afterwards I asked the HR rep how long it would be until they made a decision and was told it would be a week or so. I waited 2 weeks to call back and was told they were still deciding. I called back after another week and was told the same thing. Never did get a call.

Brand Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

on campus interview, two interviews same day and then an offer call later in the week, plenty of time to decide, should network with people at the company to get the interview, but very straight forward, questions were all behavioral, tell me a time you led a team, greatest professional accomplishment

Interview Questions
    didn't negotiate, pretty standard and a great offer for an internship