ConAgra Foods

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.7

Shopper Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Initial screening with HR manager followed by phone interview by the hiring manager. Then four in-person interviews in the local sales office by cross-functional colleagues (all Director level)

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to cite examples of how you leveraged shopper insights to activate specific marketing programs.   Answer Question
    They offered a relatively good package, so I wasn't able to negotiate anything else.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Good HR screening process by third party (in-house) group. Interview day includes hiring manager, 2-3 peers, and an HR manager. There is no organized interview process, nor a standard or guided questionnaire. During my interview process, almost all the interviewers spent the majority of the time talking...selling ConAgra to me.
    The primary purpose of the interviews appears to see "if the person is a fit" within the organization. Personality and appearance are very important. Internal referral or reference is also very important.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current employment?   View Answer
    Base salary, car and vacation days all negotiable.

Finance Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in February 2014.

The initial communication was great. The phone interview process was pleasant, as the interviewer was very polite and receptive. The on-site interviewers were also very engaging and interesting.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest mistake, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in February 2014.

Applied online and was contacted the next day by Human Resource, scheduled an interview for a couple days later. First step of the interview was a Wonderlic test. Then a skills test to ensure you can copy numbers down accurately. The HR rep told me my Wonderlic score was the highest she had ever heard of before showing me to a room where I was interviewed my a non-hiring manager (hiring manager was busy) and 2 Team Leaders. Nothing too exciting about the interview, they looked at my resume and asked questions from it. Interview lasted longer than I expected. Afterwards I asked the HR rep how long it would be until they made a decision and was told it would be a week or so. I waited 2 weeks to call back and was told they were still deciding. I called back after another week and was told the same thing. Never did get a call.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Applied online for the position through the company website. HR responded a couple days later to schedule a phone interview. First phone interview with HR was 30 minutes and general questions (why are you looking, applying for anything else, when could you start, etc). Then scheduled another phone interview to be conducted with the hiring manager. This was also 30 minutes but included more technical questions (what systems do you have experience with, what type of analysis have you performed). Third phone interview was another 30 minutes with a different person in HR. Felt more like a meet-and-greet, no serious questions. Then HR contacted me to schedule an on-site interview to last 3 hours.

On-site interview was 6 sets of 30-minute one-on-one interviews. No behavioral-type questions. It was more of a getting-to-know-you type of interview. All started and ended on time. They validated the parking after the last interview. Overall, everyone was very nice and the process went smoothly.

Approximately two days later I was given an offer and accepted. They even went ~5% above the minimum I said I needed to make the switch. After accepting, they completed a background, employment, and credit check. They also did a drug test (hair follicle). They verified my current salary via a paystub.

Interview Questions
    Their application requested current salary, so that was the starting point. Because I was ok/stable in my current position, I felt that I had a bit more leverage. Also, I mentioned differences that would account for about a 5-10% bump (company provided gym, city tax, parking, tuition reimbursement differences). Ultimately, I gave them a minimum that I had to have to accept. They offered 5% above my minimum required amount.

Transportation & Logistics Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

I was hired in 1986 so it has most likely changed. I was interviewed by the Department Head and offered the job on the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have this occur - I had 12 years experience for the position and they needed someone that could step in immediately   Answer Question
    I was offered at the time in 1986 19,000/yr and the HR head came into the meeting and said if you want her you better make it worth her while and took the position at 21,000/yr.

Manager of Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Had three separate interviewing sessions before receiving an offer: 1. High Level with HR 2. Hiring Director 3. Multiple face-to-face with other managers and directors.

I was not given an accurate representation of the job I was offered. Be careful when working for this company, ConAgra is split into multiple divisions, each division has its own work environment. Some are very difficult workloads and some reasonable workloads.

Interview Questions
    • None - all of them were very fair and straight-forward. No games or silly intelligence tests.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, although I am 99% sure I could have negotiated a higher salary.

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

3 half hour interviews. All consisted of directors at ConAgra, they are very casual and are dressed in polos and want you to be comfortable. No specific questions about experience they are open to all majors. Very fun time actually, they called the next morning. WARNING it is a hair drug test, which I found to be odd. Other than that very easy process.

Associate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tri Cities, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tri Cities, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in November 2013.

Went to my school career fair and had an interview at the school a day after with 2 recruiters, they emailed me a few months after to come in for a site interview, site interview lasted for a day. They called me within a week later with an offer

No negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Introduced through a university sponsored job fair. The interview was very conversational and insightful into their process. Seemed like a great place to work