ConAgra Foods Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.7

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview

Visited a ConAgra foods booth at an Iowa State career fair. They seemed extremely nice and knowledgeable about engineering projects and operations. After talking to 2 people at the booth I left and within 1 hour I received a call to schedule an on campus interview with in the next two days. The interview was a one on one. In two weeks I received a call from headquarters asking me to rank 12 Manufacturing plants in order in which I would like to interview with. I then received two invites for a webex conference interview. Both interviews had 3 people asking questions. within the week I had an offer from my first choice. Background check and hair follicle test are required 30 days before your start date.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the diversity of the manufacturing floor at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a week to accept or decline. I am unaware if negotiation is possible as an intern however I wouldn't try it.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in October 2014.

Interview

There was an on campus interview consisting of two parts. The first part consisted of meeting with two representatives from ConAgra from the HR department. It was a lot of behavior based questions and questions about my past experience. The second part was much of the same, but with two people from the IT department. It was very friendly, a lot of just getting to know you and seeing if you would fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. It was just a conversation between me and them, nothing technical in terms of IT.   Answer Question

Brand Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview

on campus interview, two interviews same day and then an offer call later in the week, plenty of time to decide, should network with people at the company to get the interview, but very straight forward, questions were all behavioral, tell me a time you led a team, greatest professional accomplishment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

didn't negotiate, pretty standard and a great offer for an internship

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview

Focused heavily on behavior and situational questions. The interview was structured into two mini interviews within 30 minutes. The first portion was with two employees and it began with basic questions then it went into more in depth about my interests and skills. The second portion was also with another two employees which asked a lot of behavioral questions. The interviewers ask a lot of questions so be prepared with an example of a challenging time or a situation you had to be a leader in mind that would work for answering a variety of questions.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview

Received contact from company approx. 1 week after initial application/resume. Phone call with the HR generalist, follow-up phone call with the Operations manager. If they like you, then they fly you out and tour the facility, round table interview with all managers, lunch, the whole shebang. HR offered job same day.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall a question that stood out, almost all were behavioral questions. Everything was pretty non-formal.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

One on campus interview, got a call the next day. Accepted the postion and started in the summer. Started off with work right away, bascially taking over a full time job

Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ripon, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods (Ripon, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

30 minutes of listening to the rules. The was no real interview. Work 320 hours, and then they hire you on as an employee, for .88 more per hour.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview

I applied to several jobs and did not hear anything for 6 months. At a career fair I inquired about the applications I had submitted and later that day a recruiter called and set up an interview. I interviewed with one individual on campus, then interviewed for 4 engineers in a panel two weeks later, after that I interviewed with a VP and then another VP before they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Senior Consumer Affairs Claims Representative III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at ConAgra Foods (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Was not interviewed.... ConAgra acquired Ralcorp and my position was transitioned. Many employees were demoted and were not given any other options. The entire process took approximately one year. Recent changes were made just 24 hours ago, during their fiscal year.

Negotiation

none was offered

Shift Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in May 2014.

Interview

Everything was very straight forward. Interviewed on the phone with the HR rep and two managers. You can tell they are sitting in the same room across from each other speaking into a phone on speaker, so if you're a bit hard of hearing make sure you're prepared or get yourself into a quiet room. The phone interview might scare some people away, but just make a good impression and you'll get called back.

Interview Questions

• Every question was really based on the STAR method, so just brush up on that and you'll be fine. They like enthusiastic people.   Answer Question