ConAgra Foods Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.7

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview

Applied online for the position through the company website. HR responded a couple days later to schedule a phone interview. First phone interview with HR was 30 minutes and general questions (why are you looking, applying for anything else, when could you start, etc). Then scheduled another phone interview to be conducted with the hiring manager. This was also 30 minutes but included more technical questions (what systems do you have experience with, what type of analysis have you performed). Third phone interview was another 30 minutes with a different person in HR. Felt more like a meet-and-greet, no serious questions. Then HR contacted me to schedule an on-site interview to last 3 hours.

On-site interview was 6 sets of 30-minute one-on-one interviews. No behavioral-type questions. It was more of a getting-to-know-you type of interview. All started and ended on time. They validated the parking after the last interview. Overall, everyone was very nice and the process went smoothly.

Approximately two days later I was given an offer and accepted. They even went ~5% above the minimum I said I needed to make the switch. After accepting, they completed a background, employment, and credit check. They also did a drug test (hair follicle). They verified my current salary via a paystub.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Their application requested current salary, so that was the starting point. Because I was ok/stable in my current position, I felt that I had a bit more leverage. Also, I mentioned differences that would account for about a 5-10% bump (company provided gym, city tax, parking, tuition reimbursement differences). Ultimately, I gave them a minimum that I had to have to accept. They offered 5% above my minimum required amount.

Transportation & Logistics Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ConAgra Foods (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I was hired in 1986 so it has most likely changed. I was interviewed by the Department Head and offered the job on the first interview.

Interview Questions

• I did not have this occur - I had 12 years experience for the position and they needed someone that could step in immediately   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered at the time in 1986 19,000/yr and the HR head came into the meeting and said if you want her you better make it worth her while and took the position at 21,000/yr.

Manager of Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Had three separate interviewing sessions before receiving an offer: 1. High Level with HR 2. Hiring Director 3. Multiple face-to-face with other managers and directors.

I was not given an accurate representation of the job I was offered. Be careful when working for this company, ConAgra is split into multiple divisions, each division has its own work environment. Some are very difficult workloads and some reasonable workloads.

Interview Questions

• None - all of them were very fair and straight-forward. No games or silly intelligence tests.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, although I am 99% sure I could have negotiated a higher salary.

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview

3 half hour interviews. All consisted of directors at ConAgra, they are very casual and are dressed in polos and want you to be comfortable. No specific questions about experience they are open to all majors. Very fun time actually, they called the next morning. WARNING it is a hair drug test, which I found to be odd. Other than that very easy process.

Associate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tri Cities, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ConAgra Foods (Tri Cities, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Went to my school career fair and had an interview at the school a day after with 2 recruiters, they emailed me a few months after to come in for a site interview, site interview lasted for a day. They called me within a week later with an offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

Interview

Introduced through a university sponsored job fair. The interview was very conversational and insightful into their process. Seemed like a great place to work

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ConAgra Foods (Troy, OH).

Interview

The process was pretty standard. Submitted resume, was called for an interview. The interview was not long. He asked pretty standard interview questions, like what you had done in the past, if you had factory experience, etc. Didn't seem like he really cared about the inteview, I had the feeling that as long as I could walk and breath I would have been hired. He did ask if I was willing to accept the starting wage.

Interview Questions

• For me, it's always the "where do you expect to be in the next 5 years".   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview

Submitted an application online after hearing about the position at school. HR called and scheduled interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was with 4 people rotating in. Each represented a different area the position would interface with. So the questions varied depending on the person/department area. The questions centered around Where do you see yourself in 5 years. How do you handle conflict, how do you stay focused and organized and being able to articulate what you want specifically and concisely.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods (Omaha, NE) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was broken up between three different interviewers in three different rooms. Two of the interviewers were managers in the IT department and asked questions regarding knowledge and experience. The other interviewer was a representative from human resources. Many basic interview questions regarding teamwork and time management. No questions were too surprising or difficult. All interviewers were friendly and professional. Have a general idea about the different brands that ConAgra produces and owns. It is a great idea to have a favorite.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you convinced someone who disagreed with you.   Answer Question

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ConAgra Foods (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

one interview

Interview Questions

• are you able to work different shifts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none