ConAgra Foods

2.7

Manager of Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Had three separate interviewing sessions before receiving an offer: 1. High Level with HR 2. Hiring Director 3. Multiple face-to-face with other managers and directors.

I was not given an accurate representation of the job I was offered. Be careful when working for this company, ConAgra is split into multiple divisions, each division has its own work environment. Some are very difficult workloads and some reasonable workloads.

Interview Questions
    • None - all of them were very fair and straight-forward. No games or silly intelligence tests.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, although I am 99% sure I could have negotiated a higher salary.

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

3 half hour interviews. All consisted of directors at ConAgra, they are very casual and are dressed in polos and want you to be comfortable. No specific questions about experience they are open to all majors. Very fun time actually, they called the next morning. WARNING it is a hair drug test, which I found to be odd. Other than that very easy process.

Associate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tri Cities, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tri Cities, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in November 2013.

Went to my school career fair and had an interview at the school a day after with 2 recruiters, they emailed me a few months after to come in for a site interview, site interview lasted for a day. They called me within a week later with an offer

No negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Introduced through a university sponsored job fair. The interview was very conversational and insightful into their process. Seemed like a great place to work

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

The process was pretty standard. Submitted resume, was called for an interview. The interview was not long. He asked pretty standard interview questions, like what you had done in the past, if you had factory experience, etc. Didn't seem like he really cared about the inteview, I had the feeling that as long as I could walk and breath I would have been hired. He did ask if I was willing to accept the starting wage.

Interview Questions
    • For me, it's always the "where do you expect to be in the next 5 years".   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Submitted an application online after hearing about the position at school. HR called and scheduled interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was with 4 people rotating in. Each represented a different area the position would interface with. So the questions varied depending on the person/department area. The questions centered around Where do you see yourself in 5 years. How do you handle conflict, how do you stay focused and organized and being able to articulate what you want specifically and concisely.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in September 2013.

The interview was broken up between three different interviewers in three different rooms. Two of the interviewers were managers in the IT department and asked questions regarding knowledge and experience. The other interviewer was a representative from human resources. Many basic interview questions regarding teamwork and time management. No questions were too surprising or difficult. All interviewers were friendly and professional. Have a general idea about the different brands that ConAgra produces and owns. It is a great idea to have a favorite.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you convinced someone who disagreed with you.   Answer Question

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in September 2013.

one interview

Interview Questions
    • are you able to work different shifts?   View Answer
    none

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

On-campus interview (2 @ 30 minutes). They mostly ask you to go over your resume and explain how much time you spend/spent on each item. Not intimating at all. Overall, very relaxed interview process. Received offer 2 days after interview. They give you 2 weeks to make your decision.

Interview Questions
    They are flexible with giving extensions if you need more time.

Brand Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in August 2013.

Initially contacted through LinkedIn. Quick phone screen with initial HR recruiter. Followed by a slightly more detailed phone conversation with HR manager a couple of days later. Invited in for face to face interviews about 2 weeks later. Went through 6 interviews with multiple people. Most were in person, but a couple were on the phone. Received an offer a little over a week later.

Interview Questions
    • If you were starting your own business, what are some of the first steps you would take? Followed up with additional questions that analyzed P&L knowledge.   Answer Question