ConAgra Foods Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.7

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in September 2013.

Interview

On-campus interview (2 @ 30 minutes). They mostly ask you to go over your resume and explain how much time you spend/spent on each item. Not intimating at all. Overall, very relaxed interview process. Received offer 2 days after interview. They give you 2 weeks to make your decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are flexible with giving extensions if you need more time.

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in August 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted through LinkedIn. Quick phone screen with initial HR recruiter. Followed by a slightly more detailed phone conversation with HR manager a couple of days later. Invited in for face to face interviews about 2 weeks later. Went through 6 interviews with multiple people. Most were in person, but a couple were on the phone. Received an offer a little over a week later.

Interview Questions

• If you were starting your own business, what are some of the first steps you would take? Followed up with additional questions that analyzed P&L knowledge.   Answer Question

Production Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Russellville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods (Russellville, AR) in August 2013.

Interview

Had interviewed initially for a Warehouse Team Leader position, then was asked to come in a week later for the Production Team Leader interview, for which I was far less qualified. After a very good interview for the W/H Team Leader position, the internal recruiter asked me about a potential start date and proposed a salary. I asked for a competitive salary (4% higher than what was proposed) that matched the level of compensation at my last job. A few days later, I was asked to come in for an interview for the Prod Team Leader, which was a position I had not applied for, nor was qualified for. The day of my interview, I was scheduled to meet with two people. Both were busy and seemed very disinterested to even have to conduct an interview. Obviously ConAgra had "chosen other candidates", so it wasn't a surprise when the rejection was relayed to me. It was apparent to me that I was setup for failure after not "agreeing" to take the proposed salary initially offered. No feedback was ever offered to me as to why the initial position was changed, even though I asked for it.

ConAgra uses their own internal recruiters who will contact you, have a phone pre-screen and then invite you on-site for an interview if you pass this pre-screen. On the initial interview, I met with close to 10 staff members and took a plant tour, and was provided lunch.

Interview Questions

• Mostly, a lot of behavioral questions, such as "tell me about a difficult situation you faced", or "give me an example of a process that you initiated that saved the company money". Also, be prepared for the "what do you know about ConAgra?", or the "why do you want to work for ConAgra?" which were both asked numerous times.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods (Milton, PA).

Interview

Direct application to company went unanswered. Hired through a recruiter. They use lowballers like Judge to find people desperate enough to work there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated a sign on bonus, did ask for more money but should have.

Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in August 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 3rd panel interview

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ConAgra Foods (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Through MBA on campus interview a candidate is selected after submitting an interview and networking with ConAgra representatives. The interview is only one round and then ConAgra decides if you got the internship. Its a 45 minute interview

Interview Questions

• Questions are vague- one that seemed easy was What is your favorite product, and why? Then immediately after- what could they do to improve- and then they follow up. Be prepared with answers to this- also they are looking for brief and concise answers   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

Applied on-line and was contacted by HR for screening discussion. Phone interviews with Finance Director and manager. On-site interviews with VP, 3 Directors, Couple of Managers and staff.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about company - competition, strategy, comparison -   Answer Question

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Twin Falls, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ConAgra Foods (Twin Falls, ID) in June 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview from head quarters then a phone interview from the hiring manager. Then a panel interview at the job location, takes about a month or so for the process.

Interview Questions

• please describe in detail when you made a difference in a job or difficult situation.   Answer Question

Interview

I got invited onto campus interview, it was all behavioral. I had two interviewers, one who wanted to show his dominance as an engineer. He stared at me bug-eyed and loudly asked me "What right do you have to tell others what to do?" (Think Alex Jones yelling at Piers Morgan about 1776...that voice). He was making fun of the other interviewee's too, which was pretty disrespectful (and starts talking about TV shows during my interview, it's obvious he wasn't interested) - I was the last person they interviewed that day.

The other guy was nice.

Team Leader Production Interview

Application

interviewed at ConAgra Foods in May 2013.

Interview

Campus, phone, panel interview in that order. Panel was a little daunting due to the large amount of people in the room. Be prepared for situational questions. Everything was very open ended. Took about an hour to complete

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations