ConAgra Foods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Maintenance Supervisor
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in May 2009.

Interview Details – Questions started with how I dealt with employees and problems, discipline, training, development. But most questions focused on background experience with SAP, and managing safety program and training for maintenance. I gave numerous examples on how I previously drew people into SAP process, reinforced documentation, and disciplined those who dragged feet about change. Also gave detailed examples of balancing positive involvement vs. the disciplinary process to overcome resistant Shop Floor leaders. Examples were good enough that each panel member asked for more.

Interview Question – How do we know you can develop people and manage their safety to get results?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I made positive impression during panel interview, and was told offer would be forthcoming in next week. Due to economy, asked for 5% less than previous position, and they agreed.
Also was granted $5K relocation allowance to move myself, with gross-up adjustment to cover taxes.
Position paid overtime, if required to work more than five days a week in Supervisory role.

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details – Hired out of college by a copay ConAgra acquired in the late 1990's. N/A

Interview Question – Can you sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating was allowed.

Very Easy Interview

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in November 2011.

Interview Details – 3 30 minute interviews through campus recruiting

Interview Question – Describe a time where your leadership was tested.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Associate Food Scientist Interview

Associate Food Scientist
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in October 2009.

Interview Details – Met Conagra at Career fair during college. HR seemed freiendly, however they didn't want to tell me where the R&D was location. I think it was because Omaha is not that desirable of a place to live. Had a mini interview on campus, then was called3 days later and asked to go to Omaha for an offical interview. The offical interview was painless. We had a tour of the bldgs, and workshops where they told us more about the company. Also, there were othere function with in the company that they were also recuiting for that day as well. The actually interview was about 45mins long with 3 current employees in R&D. i heeard back 2 days later, that I had gotten the job.

Interview Question – I don't really reminder what the asked, how I do really that there was 3 current employees that interviewed me and all from slightly diff brands. Snacks, frozen, shelf stable, etc. I know they asked about why I would be a good fit for the company, they gave me an example of a techinal issue and the plant and asked how I would solved it. They also asked me which area I would prefer to work in and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I don't think they are used to negotiating with new college grads. I think they are used to people accepting right away or decling. However I did negotiate and was able to get a couple thousand more.

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Associate Financial Analyst
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through campus. Two first round interviews each lasting 30 minutes and primarily behavioral. Very interested in your personality and your skill set. Final round was in Omaha, NE and consisted of four more behavioral interviews along with a tour of the city and the corporate area. Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Question – Describe three tangible skills that you possess and how you used them in the last 24 hours?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Technician Interview

Quality Assurance Technician
Milton, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone followed by in person interview with plant tour

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Omaha, NE

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in February 2009.

Interview Details – was interviewed by 7 people..took a test...

Intern Interview

Intern
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details – The interview followed the basic behavioral approach. I was first asked to describe myself, my background, and tell them what I know about the company. The three interviewers were very friendly and easy to communicate with. In my opinion, being able to describe events that required problem-solving were most important.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were required to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Packing Machine Operator Interview

Packing Machine Operator
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through other source - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in September 2010.

Interview Details – I hired in thru a job fair. there were at least 700 ppl all applying por positions at the same time. I waited for 8 hours before I talked with the first person, and that took only 20 min. then waited another 1/2 hour before the next person, and then another. Finally,after waiting another half hour a small groug of us were directed to the local plant for a tour (we still did not know if we had jobs or not). A week later I received a call offering me a position.

Interview Question – How would I handle an obvious safety issue   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotation

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Oakdale, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in June 2010.

Interview Details – You must be studying at a college or university. They have you do a drug test. As long as you're friendly, you'll probably get hired. I was told that they weren't hiring anymore. I left my resume there and told them if anyone quit or became ill to call me.

Interview Question – There was no formal interview. They ask about school, your major, your previous work experience, and your plans for the future.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ConAgra Foods