ConAgra Foods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mills Manufacturing Development Associate Interview

Mills Manufacturing Development Associate
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in April 2013.

Interview Details – I met some recruiters at a college career fair, and I had an interview with 2 of them the following day. I got a call about a week later inviting me to a 2nd round interview. We spent half a day in Omaha touring one of the mills and meeting some current employees. We each had 3 one on one interviews the next day and I got an offer the next day.The mills division is filled with extremely nice and straight forward people!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Manager, Consumer Insights Interview

Manager, Consumer Insights
Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me for this job. I interviewed first with the hiring manager over the phone. Then the sent me to the headquarters for a day of interviews with various people: hiring mgr again, other CI people and business partners. Typical interview process with typical interview questions. Then I dealt eith the recruiter for the rest of the hiring process from feedback from my interviews to the job offer and negotiations for compensations and other hiring matters.

Interview Question – How I would use my strong CI skill sets in an industry I'm not familiar with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you know what the average compensation package is for this type of position in that city. Also look at the details of the relocation package if applicable. Make sure you talk to peers in that position to understand what the day to day job is really like.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Maintenance Supervisor
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in May 2009.

Interview Details – Questions started with how I dealt with employees and problems, discipline, training, development. But most questions focused on background experience with SAP, and managing safety program and training for maintenance. I gave numerous examples on how I previously drew people into SAP process, reinforced documentation, and disciplined those who dragged feet about change. Also gave detailed examples of balancing positive involvement vs. the disciplinary process to overcome resistant Shop Floor leaders. Examples were good enough that each panel member asked for more.

Interview Question – How do we know you can develop people and manage their safety to get results?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I made positive impression during panel interview, and was told offer would be forthcoming in next week. Due to economy, asked for 5% less than previous position, and they agreed.
Also was granted $5K relocation allowance to move myself, with gross-up adjustment to cover taxes.
Position paid overtime, if required to work more than five days a week in Supervisory role.

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details – Hired out of college by a copay ConAgra acquired in the late 1990's. N/A

Interview Question – Can you sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating was allowed.

Very Easy Interview

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in November 2011.

Interview Details – 3 30 minute interviews through campus recruiting

Interview Question – Describe a time where your leadership was tested.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Associate Food Scientist Interview

Associate Food Scientist
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in October 2009.

Interview Details – Met Conagra at Career fair during college. HR seemed freiendly, however they didn't want to tell me where the R&D was location. I think it was because Omaha is not that desirable of a place to live. Had a mini interview on campus, then was called3 days later and asked to go to Omaha for an offical interview. The offical interview was painless. We had a tour of the bldgs, and workshops where they told us more about the company. Also, there were othere function with in the company that they were also recuiting for that day as well. The actually interview was about 45mins long with 3 current employees in R&D. i heeard back 2 days later, that I had gotten the job.

Interview Question – I don't really reminder what the asked, how I do really that there was 3 current employees that interviewed me and all from slightly diff brands. Snacks, frozen, shelf stable, etc. I know they asked about why I would be a good fit for the company, they gave me an example of a techinal issue and the plant and asked how I would solved it. They also asked me which area I would prefer to work in and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I don't think they are used to negotiating with new college grads. I think they are used to people accepting right away or decling. However I did negotiate and was able to get a couple thousand more.

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Associate Financial Analyst
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through campus. Two first round interviews each lasting 30 minutes and primarily behavioral. Very interested in your personality and your skill set. Final round was in Omaha, NE and consisted of four more behavioral interviews along with a tour of the city and the corporate area. Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Question – Describe three tangible skills that you possess and how you used them in the last 24 hours?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Technician Interview

Quality Assurance Technician
Milton, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone followed by in person interview with plant tour

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Omaha, NE

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in February 2009.

Interview Details – was interviewed by 7 people..took a test...

Intern Interview

Intern
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details – The interview followed the basic behavioral approach. I was first asked to describe myself, my background, and tell them what I know about the company. The three interviewers were very friendly and easy to communicate with. In my opinion, being able to describe events that required problem-solving were most important.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were required to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question