ConAgra Foods

Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.7

Manager, Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

A recruiter contacted me for this job. I interviewed first with the hiring manager over the phone. Then the sent me to the headquarters for a day of interviews with various people: hiring mgr again, other CI people and business partners. Typical interview process with typical interview questions. Then I dealt eith the recruiter for the rest of the hiring process from feedback from my interviews to the job offer and negotiations for compensations and other hiring matters.

Interview Questions
    • How I would use my strong CI skill sets in an industry I'm not familiar with?   Answer Question
    Make sure you know what the average compensation package is for this type of position in that city. Also look at the details of the relocation package if applicable. Make sure you talk to peers in that position to understand what the day to day job is really like.

National Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Hired out of college by a copay ConAgra acquired in the late 1990's. N/A

Interview Questions
    No negotiating was allowed.

Content Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I applied online – interviewed at ConAgra Foods in March 2013.

I was contacted by a contracted HR rep after submitting my resume. He had an informal initial call with me (I'm not sure if it was meant to be informal but he admitted he was only going to be at the company for 3 more months and it felt like he was just sort of going through the motions.)

I then went onsite for what was supposed to be an all-day session. 2 of the 5 people I was supposed to meet with were unavailable and I did one session by phone. I was in a really small room on the first floor and people came to the room to chat with me. I had an hour gap between sessions and poked my head out to ask if I could go to the cafeteria to grab something to drink. It was awkward, they hunted down someone to take me--it was nice they offered to pay, but I really just needed to take a stroll out of the tiny room! The person that was supposed to take me to lunch was a no-show. They ended up cutting the day short with the people that couldn't make it, which was fine but made it awkward to leave since I was supposed to take the Metra to and from the city. I ended up calling a friend in the burbs and grabbing lunch with her.

I sent my thank you notes. The HR guy didn't return my calls for a couple of weeks. I assumed they were still interviewing or not interested in me. I wanted to speak with him live but after a couple of tries I left him a message saying I wanted to withdraw from consideration (both because I had something else crop up I was more interested in and the culture and they way they were handling me was a turnoff). He finally called me to ask me to come back in for more interviews and I reiterated I'd decided to withdraw. Then he got upset with me and told me I'd wasted everyone's time--basically, I don't think he told the hiring managers I was not part of the consideration any longer (or didn't listen to my voicemail). It was not a great experience.

Overall I felt like the culture was little old-school and stuffy. The people I spoke with didn't seem all that excited about their jobs or the future of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Just the usual spate of questions. Challenges, examples, etc. If anything, I felt like my questions about the industry and their place in it were sort of deflected.   Answer Question

Datacenter Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in January 2013.

My interview process was quick and painless. I received phone calls on or before the timeframes they set with me. I went through two phone interviews and one in-person, and the in-person interview allowed me the great opportunity to meet HR, management, and senior members of the team. I greatly appreciated the experience, and would recommend it to anyone.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "Why is a manhole cover round?" I must have known a satisfactory answer. I appreciated how it made me think and reason around an issue.   Answer Question

Research Quality Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in January 2013.

Easy, interview on campus with an HR representative and 2 senior food scientists. I was asked some basic food science questions based on cases. For example in a list of x y z ingredients in a frozen meal which one is more sensitive to the frrezing process ?

No negotiating

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

The interview followed the basic behavioral approach. I was first asked to describe myself, my background, and tell them what I know about the company. The three interviewers were very friendly and easy to communicate with. In my opinion, being able to describe events that required problem-solving were most important.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were required to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in October 2012.

Applied through campus. Two first round interviews each lasting 30 minutes and primarily behavioral. Very interested in your personality and your skill set. Final round was in Omaha, NE and consisted of four more behavioral interviews along with a tour of the city and the corporate area. Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe three tangible skills that you possess and how you used them in the last 24 hours?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richland, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Richland, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in October 2012.

I was contacted by an HR representative a couple weeks after submitting my resume. The interview was scheduled for the next week. When I arrived for the interview, there was a Plant Manager from another local plant also looking to interview and hire for his facility. The interview was very easy and no challenging questions were asked. However, information about the position was not given readily. My questions were evaded and some of the answers given did not fit the questions I asked. I got the impression that they were just looking for a body to fill a position.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had a supervisor you didn't agree with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

The offer was extremely low and I did not appreciate the attitude the Plant Manager gave me when I declined.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in May 2012.

The interview procedure was detailed and had few rounds before the offer was laid out.
    1. First round telephonic interview on general with the hiring manager
    2. Second round telephonic with HR director
    3. Onsite technical interview with hiring manager
    4. Onsite technical interview with other technical group
    5. Onsite managerial interview with up line Director
    6. Last round telephonic interview since the hiring manager and up line director changed by then.

Interview Questions
    • Not any as such. They were really nice people and kept asking the questions relevant for the position   Answer Question
    1 month in total since it was a year end

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in April 2012.

Scopes do

Interview Questions
    • the stupid, where do you want to be five years from now   View Answer