ConAgra Foods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Maintenance Supervisor
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in May 2009.

Interview Details – Questions started with how I dealt with employees and problems, discipline, training, development. But most questions focused on background experience with SAP, and managing safety program and training for maintenance. I gave numerous examples on how I previously drew people into SAP process, reinforced documentation, and disciplined those who dragged feet about change. Also gave detailed examples of balancing positive involvement vs. the disciplinary process to overcome resistant Shop Floor leaders. Examples were good enough that each panel member asked for more.

Interview Question – How do we know you can develop people and manage their safety to get results?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I made positive impression during panel interview, and was told offer would be forthcoming in next week. Due to economy, asked for 5% less than previous position, and they agreed.
Also was granted $5K relocation allowance to move myself, with gross-up adjustment to cover taxes.
Position paid overtime, if required to work more than five days a week in Supervisory role.

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!