ConAgra Foods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager of Planning Interview

Manager of Planning
Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details – Had three separate interviewing sessions before receiving an offer: 1. High Level with HR 2. Hiring Director 3. Multiple face-to-face with other managers and directors.

I was not given an accurate representation of the job I was offered. Be careful when working for this company, ConAgra is split into multiple divisions, each division has its own work environment. Some are very difficult workloads and some reasonable workloads.

Interview Question – None - all of them were very fair and straight-forward. No games or silly intelligence tests.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, although I am 99% sure I could have negotiated a higher salary.

Manager Consumer Insights Interview

Manager Consumer Insights
Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in October 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly typical, phone screen, followed by in-person interview with 3-5 people.

Interview Question – Really want to dig into your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of a negotiation, attribute it to the economy. But they did agree to buy my house after saying up front they would not.

Very Easy Interview

Revenue Growth Management Analyst Interview

Revenue Growth Management Analyst
Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in September 2011.

Interview Details – I don't think this company has any sincerety based on my experience. I was contacted by the recruiter telling me they were building a new group (Revenue Growth Management), which was in line with what I was doing. Although my title was already a manager, they promised me that the salary could match and I would get good development opportunities. I also told them my concern of switching the job because I am an H1B visa holder, They appeared to be very nice, saying if I was qualified, considering the urgency of the position needed they would do it. I got an agenda with 5-6 interviewers and then two days before the interview, they called me and told me all the interviewers but one were not available, so they were changing the interviewers. On top of that, my interview day was shifted to the next day as well. I had to tell a different story to my current company about the PTO change (Could ConAgra be more considerate on that?) When I came in, I found the position they wanted me to apply for wasn't the same one, or in other words, not the position I was interested in and closest to my specialty. The title was the same but the functionality was slightly different. I guess they were just moving candidates around. However, I am still pretty familiar with this functionality because I worked with related team with my then employer frequently and overall the skillset needed was even on the lower level. I did my best in the interview and I felt all the interviewers had good impression on me. The hiring manager was dialing in because she was remote and half an hour late - Another sign that their arrangement was bad. But still the talk was pleasant. I believed I was fully qualified for the position despite the slight functionality difference. I didn't sense any odd or unpleasant atmosphere during the whole process. Two interviewers who met me onsite overtly showed they liked me. Then I waited for almost a week. No reply from any of the interviewers on the thank-you note. I called the recruiter and he said all interviewers' feedback was very positive, but they were still in process with other candidates, and I would have to wait for another week. Another week and still no sound. In the third week I was out of hope already and wrote an email to the recruiter saying I just wanted a reply as I needed to move on. The recruiter's answer was: We are still in process with other candidates and it will still take weeks. But due to your H1B visa status, any qualified local candidate would be considered prior to you. The result was not surprising but I feel I was tricked: In the beginning they tried to convince you to attend the interview, telling you how many openings they had (so if one doesn't fit you another might too) and how urgent they were to have this position filled. They promised you H1B was not a concern. During the interview they allocated you to random spots in a big group which didn’t really fit your resume. After the interview and all the positive feedback, they told you they wouldn't hire you simply because of the H1B barrier. Any local candidate, not necessarily better than I am, just at my same level or even less would be considered ahead of me because my H1B visa was going to create them much trouble. Yes I understand many companies have concerns hiring H1Bs but it was you who talked to me in sweet words to convince me you were going to do it and how urgent you wanted talent like me. If you had such concern you shouldn't have listed me for the interview. You don’t put on a totally different face after the interview. And it's not because I did badly. All the skills and experiences required were there. I wouldn't have done anything different if the whole interview process came again. I felt I was played by them. They don't respect candidates' feelings. And overall the title (analyst) they made me apply for was actually a downgrade. In that case I felt even a little humiliated. I would never deal with this company again.

Interview Question – To be honest I was fully prepared for any behavioral and analytical questions and there was literally no unexpected nor difficult questions. I addressed them all well so that was why I felt angry and felt tricked when the results turned out.   View Answer

MBA Marketing Rotational Program Interview

MBA Marketing Rotational Program
Naperville, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in October 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a brand manager. For every question he asked, he would ask another question to clarify why I answered as I did and then he would question why I did not answer a different way. He ended the interview questioning if I was able to live in either Naperville, IL or Omaha, NE, where the brand manager jobs are located.

Interview Questions

Financial Anyalyst Interview

Financial Anyalyst
Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in May 2010.

Interview Details – Talent Acquisition is extremely professional. They are informative and give you the information you need to prepare for each round of interviews. The managers are genuine and I felt they were honest about their experience with CA as well as passionate about their products and growing within CA.

Interview Question – What have you learned in your current role?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unfortunately, my circumstances made the commute too difficult.

Sales Director Interview

Sales Director
Naperville, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was painful. The HR department was unreliable in providing accurate next steps. The interviewers were not prepared and were not aligned on the job responsibilities.

Interview Question – What are your 5 year goals   Answer Question

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!