ConAgra Foods Interview Questions in Nebraska

2.7

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Good HR screening process by third party (in-house) group. Interview day includes hiring manager, 2-3 peers, and an HR manager. There is no organized interview process, nor a standard or guided questionnaire. During my interview process, almost all the interviewers spent the majority of the time talking...selling ConAgra to me.
    The primary purpose of the interviews appears to see "if the person is a fit" within the organization. Personality and appearance are very important. Internal referral or reference is also very important.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current employment?   View Answer
    Base salary, car and vacation days all negotiable.

Finance Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in February 2014.

The initial communication was great. The phone interview process was pleasant, as the interviewer was very polite and receptive. The on-site interviewers were also very engaging and interesting.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest mistake, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in September 2013.

The interview was broken up between three different interviewers in three different rooms. Two of the interviewers were managers in the IT department and asked questions regarding knowledge and experience. The other interviewer was a representative from human resources. Many basic interview questions regarding teamwork and time management. No questions were too surprising or difficult. All interviewers were friendly and professional. Have a general idea about the different brands that ConAgra produces and owns. It is a great idea to have a favorite.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you convinced someone who disagreed with you.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

This started with an on campus interview, which went very well. Read up on ConAgra before your interview, it adds talking points and shows you are actually interested. When I interviewed they had just acquired Ralcorp which was huge and made for a very interesting conversation especially in hearing my interviewer's perspective. Following this interview was an onsite interview with a plant. The position was given to someone with more experience, but they pointed me toward another MDP opportunity at one of their other plants and set up a phone interview. This was followed by an onsite interview at said plant, and once again the position was given to someone with more experience. If I had to guess, I'd say they hired from within. Both onsite interviews included plant tours. Overall, it was a very positive learning experience thanks to their HR Supply Chain recruiter who was very helpful in the process. Even though a job did not come of this, they still left to door open and encouraged me to keep applying to opportunities in ConAgra.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time one of your team members was not pulling their weight and how you handled this.   View Answer

Mills Manufacturing Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in April 2013.

I met some recruiters at a college career fair, and I had an interview with 2 of them the following day. I got a call about a week later inviting me to a 2nd round interview. We spent half a day in Omaha touring one of the mills and meeting some current employees. We each had 3 one on one interviews the next day and I got an offer the next day.The mills division is filled with extremely nice and straight forward people!

Interview Questions
    • What skill do you hope to develop the most if you get the position?   Answer Question
    • Why should I end this job search with you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Manager, Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

A recruiter contacted me for this job. I interviewed first with the hiring manager over the phone. Then the sent me to the headquarters for a day of interviews with various people: hiring mgr again, other CI people and business partners. Typical interview process with typical interview questions. Then I dealt eith the recruiter for the rest of the hiring process from feedback from my interviews to the job offer and negotiations for compensations and other hiring matters.

Interview Questions
    • How I would use my strong CI skill sets in an industry I'm not familiar with?   Answer Question
    Make sure you know what the average compensation package is for this type of position in that city. Also look at the details of the relocation package if applicable. Make sure you talk to peers in that position to understand what the day to day job is really like.

Datacenter Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in January 2013.

My interview process was quick and painless. I received phone calls on or before the timeframes they set with me. I went through two phone interviews and one in-person, and the in-person interview allowed me the great opportunity to meet HR, management, and senior members of the team. I greatly appreciated the experience, and would recommend it to anyone.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "Why is a manhole cover round?" I must have known a satisfactory answer. I appreciated how it made me think and reason around an issue.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

The interview followed the basic behavioral approach. I was first asked to describe myself, my background, and tell them what I know about the company. The three interviewers were very friendly and easy to communicate with. In my opinion, being able to describe events that required problem-solving were most important.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were required to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in October 2012.

Applied through campus. Two first round interviews each lasting 30 minutes and primarily behavioral. Very interested in your personality and your skill set. Final round was in Omaha, NE and consisted of four more behavioral interviews along with a tour of the city and the corporate area. Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe three tangible skills that you possess and how you used them in the last 24 hours?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in May 2012.

The interview procedure was detailed and had few rounds before the offer was laid out.
    1. First round telephonic interview on general with the hiring manager
    2. Second round telephonic with HR director
    3. Onsite technical interview with hiring manager
    4. Onsite technical interview with other technical group
    5. Onsite managerial interview with up line Director
    6. Last round telephonic interview since the hiring manager and up line director changed by then.

Interview Questions
    • Not any as such. They were really nice people and kept asking the questions relevant for the position   Answer Question
    1 month in total since it was a year end

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!