ConAgra Foods

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Team Leader Interview

Russellville, AR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in August 2013.

Interview Details – Had interviewed initially for a Warehouse Team Leader position, then was asked to come in a week later for the Production Team Leader interview, for which I was far less qualified. After a very good interview for the W/H Team Leader position, the internal recruiter asked me about a potential start date and proposed a salary. I asked for a competitive salary (4% higher than what was proposed) that matched the level of compensation at my last job. A few days later, I was asked to come in for an interview for the Prod Team Leader, which was a position I had not applied for, nor was qualified for. The day of my interview, I was scheduled to meet with two people. Both were busy and seemed very disinterested to even have to conduct an interview. Obviously ConAgra had "chosen other candidates", so it wasn't a surprise when the rejection was relayed to me. It was apparent to me that I was setup for failure after not "agreeing" to take the proposed salary initially offered. No feedback was ever offered to me as to why the initial position was changed, even though I asked for it.

ConAgra uses their own internal recruiters who will contact you, have a phone pre-screen and then invite you on-site for an interview if you pass this pre-screen. On the initial interview, I met with close to 10 staff members and took a plant tour, and was provided lunch.

Interview Question – Mostly, a lot of behavioral questions, such as "tell me about a difficult situation you faced", or "give me an example of a process that you initiated that saved the company money". Also, be prepared for the "what do you know about ConAgra?", or the "why do you want to work for ConAgra?" which were both asked numerous times.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at ConAgra Foods

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!

ConAgra Foods Videos

ConAgra Foods – Why Work for Us?

At ConAgra Foods, we believe in the power of great food. Food you turn to every day, food you count on as part of your life. We make food that does more than satisfy your hunger — it actually gives you less to worry… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ConAgra Foods Production Team Leader interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by ConAgra Foods employees and interview candidates.