ConAgra Foods

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details – Applied online for the position through the company website. HR responded a couple days later to schedule a phone interview. First phone interview with HR was 30 minutes and general questions (why are you looking, applying for anything else, when could you start, etc). Then scheduled another phone interview to be conducted with the hiring manager. This was also 30 minutes but included more technical questions (what systems do you have experience with, what type of analysis have you performed). Third phone interview was another 30 minutes with a different person in HR. Felt more like a meet-and-greet, no serious questions. Then HR contacted me to schedule an on-site interview to last 3 hours.

On-site interview was 6 sets of 30-minute one-on-one interviews. No behavioral-type questions. It was more of a getting-to-know-you type of interview. All started and ended on time. They validated the parking after the last interview. Overall, everyone was very nice and the process went smoothly.

Approximately two days later I was given an offer and accepted. They even went ~5% above the minimum I said I needed to make the switch. After accepting, they completed a background, employment, and credit check. They also did a drug test (hair follicle). They verified my current salary via a paystub.

Interview Question – There weren't any particularly "difficult" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their application requested current salary, so that was the starting point. Because I was ok/stable in my current position, I felt that I had a bit more leverage. Also, I mentioned differences that would account for about a 5-10% bump (company provided gym, city tax, parking, tuition reimbursement differences). Ultimately, I gave them a minimum that I had to have to accept. They offered 5% above my minimum required amount.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Omaha, NE

The process took a day - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very detailed and a full day (8:00 am - 4:30 pm), meeting with 8 different people. I thought it was a great opportunity to meet the people I would be working with and to put my best foot forward. It is very important to prepare, do as much research as possible. Learn about ConAgra's position as a company and our portfolio of brands. Do your best to understand current Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry trends that could be impacting ConAgra. With such a detailed and extensive interview process the candidates who are prepared will obviously stand out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question
  • How do you handle a situation when others on your team don't accomplish what they were supposed to do?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at ConAgra Foods

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!

ConAgra Foods Videos

ConAgra Foods – Why Work for Us?

At ConAgra Foods, we believe in the power of great food. Food you turn to every day, food you count on as part of your life. We make food that does more than satisfy your hunger — it actually gives you less to worry… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ConAgra Foods Senior Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by ConAgra Foods employees and interview candidates.