ConAgra Foods Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Applied online for the position through the company website. HR responded a couple days later to schedule a phone interview. First phone interview with HR was 30 minutes and general questions (why are you looking, applying for anything else, when could you start, etc). Then scheduled another phone interview to be conducted with the hiring manager. This was also 30 minutes but included more technical questions (what systems do you have experience with, what type of analysis have you performed). Third phone interview was another 30 minutes with a different person in HR. Felt more like a meet-and-greet, no serious questions. Then HR contacted me to schedule an on-site interview to last 3 hours.

On-site interview was 6 sets of 30-minute one-on-one interviews. No behavioral-type questions. It was more of a getting-to-know-you type of interview. All started and ended on time. They validated the parking after the last interview. Overall, everyone was very nice and the process went smoothly.

Approximately two days later I was given an offer and accepted. They even went ~5% above the minimum I said I needed to make the switch. After accepting, they completed a background, employment, and credit check. They also did a drug test (hair follicle). They verified my current salary via a paystub.

Interview Questions
Their application requested current salary, so that was the starting point. Because I was ok/stable in my current position, I felt that I had a bit more leverage. Also, I mentioned differences that would account for about a 5-10% bump (company provided gym, city tax, parking, tuition reimbursement differences). Ultimately, I gave them a minimum that I had to have to accept. They offered 5% above my minimum required amount.

Other Interview Reviews for ConAgra Foods

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

The process took a day - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in August 2010.

The interview was very detailed and a full day (8:00 am - 4:30 pm), meeting with 8 different people. I thought it was a great opportunity to meet the people I would be working with and to put my best foot forward. It is very important to prepare, do as much research as possible. Learn about ConAgra's position as a company and our portfolio of brands. Do your best to understand current Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry trends that could be impacting ConAgra. With such a detailed and extensive interview process the candidates who are prepared will obviously stand out.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a situation when others on your team don't accomplish what they were supposed to do?   Answer Question

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!