Conair Interview Questions

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Windsor, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Conair.

I had interned here in the past so it was easy to get an interview because I had already had a positive reputation within the company. I was called in for an interview which lasted about 45 minutes. Was asked the basic interview questions. I was asked to come in the next day to meet with someone else who was not in the office that day. I returned for a second interview the next day, and it lasted about 30 minutes. Two hours later they called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much negotiation; at the time, I was satisfied with the offer.

Inventory Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Windsor, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Conair in January 2013.

Received a call for an interview at their East Windsor NJ Distribution Center. I met up with the Inventory Control supervisor, and interviewed for about 45 minutes. I thought it went pretty good. The next day I was called to schedule a second interview early the next week with the dept. manager. Again, I thought that went well. I was familiar with everything the manager said about the job since I have over twenty years experience. They said the position would be filled by the end of the month. I sent a thank you email with references after the second interview, and I haven't heard anything yet. Two weeks gone by, and no call or email. I can understand not getting a call after submitting a resume, or maybe even after the first interview. But after a second interview, a company is definitely showing interest in you. I think the HR Dept should have had the decency to contact me and let me know either the process is still ongoing, or the position has been filled.
    UPDATE: Finally received a reply a week after my last email. Three weeks after my second interview. Their reply was, "The position has been filled, Thank you". That's it. No apology for the delay in responding. No "we'll keep your resume on hand if anything else should open up". Actually this is probably for the better. A company that doesn't have the decency to keep you posted after a second interview may not be a good company to work for.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Conair in May 2012.

A Conair Talent Manager called me first for a phone screening. She said she was impressed with my background and qualifications, that I was a good match for the role and she wanted me to come in right away to meet with the hiring manager. I explained that I had a busy week ahead of me and tried to schedule it for the following week, but she insisted. I had to take the day off from work to get up to Stamford, CT. I sat in their lobby waiting for 30 minutes before the Talent Manager came to get me. She took me to a gross break room to wait and asked if I wanted some water. She brought me a cup of water in a tiny paper dixie cup. I was then asked to fill out a three page application with all my background information (which is on my resume and which we had already gone over) and reference information. Half way through I noticed the paper cup had leaked and destroyed the first page and a half of my form. I told her and then I had to start all over. When I was done I sat in the break room waiting for the hiring manager for another 20 minutes. When she arrived she asked me for a copy of my resume, started to read it and then said she didn't remember why they brought me in. We talked for another 15 minutes and that was it. I left, sent thank you emails but never heard another word. It was a total waste of time and actually pretty insulting.

Digital Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Conair in October 2011.

Digital Marketing Manager e-mailed me to schedule a phone interview. He never called. I e-mailed a follow up to see if he was still interested and wanted to reschedule, but he never bothered responding. Really unprofessional, especially for such a well-known company.

Advice to Conair: A phone interview may seem like a very preliminary part of the interview process, but candidates do take time out of their schedule to plan it. If someone else was hired or for some reason you decide to pass over the candidate, at least shoot them an email telling them.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Conair in June 2011.

Takes a long time to get back to you.