Conceptwave Software Inc

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Conceptwave Software Inc in July 2011.

Interview Details – On the first day I have received a skills test. I was pretty good with that except for couple last questions.
On the second day I was called for a personal interview with a manger. However this interview wasn't long enough. Once I was done I thought I wouldn't accepted, but they called and said I was ok. By the same time I received another offer and should decline this one.

Interview Question – What was WALN?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – another offer

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Conceptwave Software Inc in May 2010.

Interview Details – The employer introduced the company and the position, then took a skills test.

Interview Question – Why did you do not any work last year?   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Conceptwave Software Inc in March 2007.

Interview Details – I applied for a developer's job from a listing on a university's alumni job board.
The instructions were to e-mail your resume and cover letter.

A person responded asking me to submit an online application through the university, a feature not available to the alumni.

Ultimately an interview date was set after I explained that it couldn't be done.
The process could have been outlined beforehand.

I took my lunch break to walk over to this employer's premises. I met with the company president who asked me about my experience and asked me if I knew Javascript, SQL, java, XML etc and the capacity in which I've been involved on various projects. By now 45 minutes had passed. He then told me to write a test in a separate room.

The test was 1 hour long. It was not hard in any way and I answered all the questions. This test was less about problem solving and more about syntax, programming in java and 'why this code won't compile' type of questions.

There was nothing wrong with a sample of code that was printed and asked why it shouldn't be written that way. Perhaps I didn't have enough Java finesse at the time. Another question was to list all the J2EE facilities one may use if they were to solve a particular problem (something related to an online store, library, student-prof-school paradigm).

It took 1h and 45 minutes for me to leave and I never heard anything back from anyone.

Interview Question – Why won't this java code compile?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Conceptwave Software Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Conceptwave Software Inc Software Developer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Conceptwave Software Inc employees and interview candidates.