Concur

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.9

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Concur.

The interview process was typical but a bit lengthy. I had applied back in October for a manager position and was not contacted from a recruiter until December. Once contacted by the recruiter, it took a couple about a couple of weeks to coordinate a phone interview. After the phone interview, it took another couple of weeks to hear back that I had been selected for a phone interview with the hiring manager. That was scheduled very promptly. Overall, the experience was pleasant and the recruiter I worked with was friendly and kept me updated regarding the process (after I was initially contacted).

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions. The recruiter asked about my background and why I was interested in the position. The hiring manager asked questions such as "what does work/life balance mean to you" and "what would my boss consider my biggest area of opportunity".   Answer Question

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Recruiter was rude during the initial phone interview, which turned my off of the company. I received an offer for an in person interview but declined due to my experience with the recruiter. I wasn't a good image for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to provide example of excellent customer service.   View Answer

Client Executive Interview

I applied on-line and received a phone call from the recruiter who asked some preliminary questions. Very comfortable chat. I was advised my name would be passed onto the hiring leader and that is when things fell apart. I got the "we chose another candidate note". Because I felt I had developed a relationship with the recruiter I called and asked for feedback. I'd like to work on a development plan so I can be the best next hire. Treating potential candidates as a throw away not only is discouraging to the candidate but limits the potential candidate pool in the future. It is sadly a very telling sign of how people may be treated internally once on board.

Client Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Concur.

Round 1 interview was with the manager for this team. It was a somewhat informal interview to get to know my work history, the level of interest in the position, etc. and to learn more about the position details and company. Round 2 interview was in 3 parts: first was an interview with the CS team; second was with the product manager: and third was back to the CS manager for follow-up questions. Most of the questions were fairly straightforward and easy to answer. Most aimed to find out more about the interviewee background and personality. A few hypothtical questions. Overall, good vibes from the managers, employees and workplace.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine that I (the interviewer) were your friend, and I let you borrow my bike, but the bike gets stolen. How would you break the news to me?   Answer Question

Presales Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Concur in December 2014.

I was contacted from the recruiter via LinkedIn on a referral. Had the initial phone screen with the recruiter within a couple of days. Interview scheduled with the hiring manager within a couple of days after the initial phone screen

SMB Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Concur in November 2014.

Contacted by a wonderful woman named Janet. Complete professional on every level. Honest, candid, and highly experienced. Made me feel at ease, and allowed me to present myself in the best light due to the relaxed environment. She even went the extra mile by taking my resume and handing it off to another department where she felt my skill sets were a better match ! Great experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a scenario when you find yourself with for example 4 tasks in front of you at once?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Concur in November 2014.

Can't really offer much of a positive interview experience. The phone screener / recruiter was unapologetically late to the call, and after asking a couple of typical general questions, he/she indicated that the position had already been offered to someone. At that point, I made the decision to wish them well, and politely ended the phone conversation.

My impression of Concur's overall reputation remains quite positive. Unfortunately, my experience with their recruiter's process was quite befuddling.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult nor substantive questions asked.   Answer Question

Client Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Concur in October 2014.

My experience as a candidate with Concur was great! The interview process made me feel valued as a job seeker and candidate. Everyone I interacted/spoke or met with was very nice. From first contact to job offer was about 4 weeks which was great and significantly shorter than it is with most companies. It reflected well on the company.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked during the interview process were appropriate and expected.   Answer Question
    No option to negotiate salary

Senior Software Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Concur in October 2014.

Initial phone call from internal recruiter focused mainly on describing the company, job offering and your goals. Also very general HR questions based on your resume. After that 5 1:1 technical interviews onsite with VP, Director and members of technical team. The interview was average, focused mainly on your skills and past projects. They dig more into how you designed and architected your project. Questions were fairly simple ranging from writing "String Reversal Program", unit and functional testing, and class designing. At the end I was told that they will let me know in few days. Got an offer in 3-4 days, earlier than I was expecting.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was average, focused mainly on your skills and past projects. Questions were fairly average digging into what you have done in past, problems faced and how to handle those.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Concur in October 2014.

Applied via LinkedIn.com. Received email within a day requesting a phone screening with company recruiter. Asked to come to company offices to meet with development and product management teams. Then asked to interview with VP of PM via Skype.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to improve our product?   View Answer