Concur

69 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Regional Sales Executive Interview

Regional Sales Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Concur in January 2014.

Interview Details – about 6 interviews. Multiple interviews over the phone and two in person. You will not only interview with management but also with 3 different employees who hold the same position you are interviewing for. You will also have to give a presentation on the Concur software... there will be instructions provided. The process took me a little over 3 months. Be patient as it is extremely competitive. I have spoke with employees that interviewed two and three separate times and got the offer after multiple declines.

Interview Question – Tell me what you have done in the past that will make you succeed in this role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations for sales positions... consider yourself lucky if you get the offer. VERY COMPETITIVE process. Well worth the wait.

Program Management Interview

Program Management
Bellevue, WA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Concur in September 2013.

Interview Details – My roles & responsibilities changed from at the turn of the fiscal year due to the internal landscape changing. No interview process implemented due to this shift. I did interview for my prior position however, and it consisted of 2 interviews; one with the hiring manager, and one with the VP of the department.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Client Executive, Nationals Interview

Client Executive, Nationals

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Concur in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was lengthy but geared towards making sure the opportunity is a good fit for all parties involved. Had an initial HR interview, separate phone interviews with director, other director and a client executive. In person interview and presentation to panel of people including director, VP and peer positions.

Interview Question – The interview process requires a presentation. This was difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Concur.

Interview Details – Applied online for Client Support Representative on 04/23/2014 and was contacted by the recruiter on 05/23/2014 to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was on 05/27/2014, was asked about my technical experiences from previous employers. Was asked how much was I expecting and set up a personal interview with the Client Support Supervisor. On 05/29/2014, has the interview with the supervisor. Was asked for the previous experiences plus given situations and how to handle each situations. Was told that I should hear a good news by Friday or Monday. Monday came and got a call from the Recruiter regarding the job offer. Received the job offer by email, together with the background check authorization. Shortly after, received the forms for the agreements to sign and sent back to them. It was a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Can't think of anything since most are situational.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Offer was more than what I expected.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Concur in May 2014.

Interview Details – 4 interview, 2 with hiring manage and 1 with VP of company. Interview was basically about your past experience and how would you handle certain situations in terms of your skill set vs job requirements. More behavioral questions and HR questions. Very general HR questions and it's based on your resume.

Interview Question – fizz buzz question   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Concur.

Interview Details – its a on site interview. I was interviewed by two manager. The interview is about white board coding. One of the coding problem is about binary tree. there is also a problem about how to get to string input and output the sum of them. The whole process last for 1 hour.

Interview Question – binary tree search   Answer Question

Senior Software Design Engineer Interview

Senior Software Design Engineer
Bellevue, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Concur in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was made aware of the position by a recruiter from a staffing agency I worked with. First step in the interview process was a short (30 minute) discussion with a manager in the group I was being considered for. It was fairly technical in nature, there was some discussion about basic programming concepts and at the end I was asked a coding question. I simply had to walk the interviewer through the solution without writing any code.
After my initial phone screen I was invited for an on-site interview in Bellevue. Three interviews were scheduled and they were all fairly typical coding/skill questions. Interviews were with a senior developer , the same manager I spoke with before and another manager in the group. All asked a variety of coding and SQL questions (of varying difficulty), but overall the interviews were very low stress and pleasant. After the three interviews I was told I would be let know of next steps.
The last step, after passing the 1-1 interviews, was a Skype interview with the GM of the group. It was supposed to be similar in format to the 1-1 interviews I had, but due to Skype problems on my end we ended up talking on the phone. This was a fairly technical interview as well and once again I was told to walk the interviewer through a problem without writing any code.
I was contacted by the internal Concur recruiter the very next day with their decision.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience and because of my tight deadlines Concur moved very fast from the initial screen to their final offer. I ended up going with another place, but would strongly consider Concur again in the future.

Interview Question – All pretty standard interview questions (basic data structure and constructs)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Concur's offer was very attractive but I decided that a different company in Seattle would be a better fit for what I was looking for in a new job

Business Development Intern Interview

Business Development Intern

Interviewed at Concur

Interview Details – I have an interview with a recruiter. She asked me questions which are easy and only takes 15 minutes. Those question are just behavior questions. She is nice, but I think the reason I did not get the offer is because for some questions I did not answer clear.

Interview Question – what is you career plan?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Concur.

Interview Details – Standard interview protocol. 30 minute initial phone screen with recruiter, followed by 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager. Both interviews, were straight forward with information about the position and my experience. Strongly felt both interviews went very well. so was expecting onsite interview. Received call from recruiter next day that I was no longer in the running. Prior to the call, noticed an unsolicited review of my LinkedIn profile from an unknown employee at this company. Not sure what they were looking for, but my profile is the same as the resume submitted, so no surprises. Maybe they wanted to see a picture?

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Concur in September 2013.

Interview Details – I initially applied online through LinkedIn. A couple weeks later I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a screening interview. The recruiter was somewhat difficult to work with. It took an additional 2 weeks just to get the screening interview scheduled and completed. This screening the was mostly going over my resume and experience.

2 more weeks later I was contacted for an initial 30 min phone screen by an actual developer. It took about a month and a half to get to this point. The screening was pretty straightforward. I don't remember any overly complex questions. About a week later I was contacted to schedule an onsite interview.

The onsite interview was in their Bellevue office. The schedule was 3 - 1hr interviews with developers and 3 - 30min interviews with Managers and a PM. I arrived in reception and started the day at 10am. The interviewers were nice and friendly. The interviews themselves were more of discussions while solving some coding problems rather than just observing. Questions were somewhat comprehensive, but not super difficult. One question on database design. One question on algorithms, etc. The weirdest thing is they didn't offer me a lunch break nor give me any food for the next 4 1/2 hours. It was difficult towards the end of the day without having any food. I was just handed off from one interviewer to the next within the same conference room. The day ended close to 3pm.

The 30 minute interviews were not very technical at all. It mostly was a question/answer session by other members of the team to get an idea of how they work and the culture. The company is big on hiring people who fit their culture.

It took about a week and a half to extend an offer after the interview. The recruiter was overall helpful, but I thought it was strange how long the process took compared to other larger companies I have interviewed at.

Interview Question – Write a function which will print out the Fibonacci sequence. Programming language doesn't matter.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was allowed. Either they already offered me highest salary for the level or they just didn't budge.

Worked for Concur? Contribute to the Community!