Concur

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.9

Client Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Concur.

Round 1 interview was with the manager for this team. It was a somewhat informal interview to get to know my work history, the level of interest in the position, etc. and to learn more about the position details and company. Round 2 interview was in 3 parts: first was an interview with the CS team; second was with the product manager: and third was back to the CS manager for follow-up questions. Most of the questions were fairly straightforward and easy to answer. Most aimed to find out more about the interviewee background and personality. A few hypothtical questions. Overall, good vibes from the managers, employees and workplace.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine that I (the interviewer) were your friend, and I let you borrow my bike, but the bike gets stolen. How would you break the news to me?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Concur in November 2014.

Can't really offer much of a positive interview experience. The phone screener / recruiter was unapologetically late to the call, and after asking a couple of typical general questions, he/she indicated that the position had already been offered to someone. At that point, I made the decision to wish them well, and politely ended the phone conversation.

My impression of Concur's overall reputation remains quite positive. Unfortunately, my experience with their recruiter's process was quite befuddling.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult nor substantive questions asked.   Answer Question

Client Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Concur in October 2014.

My experience as a candidate with Concur was great! The interview process made me feel valued as a job seeker and candidate. Everyone I interacted/spoke or met with was very nice. From first contact to job offer was about 4 weeks which was great and significantly shorter than it is with most companies. It reflected well on the company.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked during the interview process were appropriate and expected.   Answer Question
    No option to negotiate salary

Implementation Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Concur in September 2014.

The process took about 3 weeks and I applied online and had six 30 minute phone interviews. The first was with a recruiter, the second with the regional manager, the next three with my potential managers and then the final with the same regional manager. Very standard interviews and the questions weren't too difficult. It was just time consuming with the amount of interviews. I thought the interviews went well and after about a week followed up with the recruiter who told me they were making a decision the next day. After that I did not hear anything from the recruiter which I thought was very unprofessional considering the amount of time I spent interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • There was a landscaping project management related question that was unexpected.   Answer Question

Mid Market Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Concur in September 2014.

Concur reached out to me at the beginning of August. I scheduled an initial screening for the day they sent me an email. They also sent a personality test. After completing this I schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. After her I had another phone screen with a manager outside of the district. Two weeks later the recruiter reached out and asked me to schedule an in person with the hiring manager and her boss. Everyone communicated well during the process.
    At my in person interview I learned that her boss was "stuck in traffic" and wasn't able to make it. We schedule a 30/60/90 review for 2 days later. Once again her boss wasn't able to make it.
    While in person and during my presentation I was told that I was her top candidate and she didn't want to meet any others. Also I was asked if I was available for their week long kick off and was told if not it wasn't a deal breaker.
    Fast forward a few days and I finally meet in person with her boss. At this point based on everything said I was expecting an offer soon after.
    Instead I received a phone call telling me I don't have enough experience and they want to keep looking.
    I felt completely blindsided at this point based on the conversation I had with the hiring manager less than a week prior.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected as far as interview questions go.   View Answer

Campus Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Concur.

I first heard of Concur a few years ago and was intrigued by their product and company culture. I decided I wasn't ready to leave my role at the time and waited two years before hearing about a new opportunity that Concur was going to be having. I was contacted by a member of their recruiting team who set up an initial phone interview, followed by two separate on-site interviews, and then a final phone interview. I spoke with a total of 3 individuals over these 4 interviews. The process was quick and simple, yet held enough content for me to get a gauge as to what they were looking for as well as discussing what I wanted in a role. They knew all my questions I had about company culture and expectations of a successful candidate in this role, which left me thoroughly impressed. I was extended an offer 4 days after my final interview and accepted. Overall, the process was a great experience and I am looking forward to working at Concur!

Interview Questions
    • What do you see as the most difficult part about joining our team?   Answer Question
    They were open to negotiation.

National Account Executive Interview

Contacted through recruiter, Recruiter phone interview, territory manager telephone interview, VP Sales telephone interview, onsite presentation overview, interview with top exec as final before offer. Long process but worth the time it took

Interview Questions
    • How do you strategically manage your current accounts within your territory?   View Answer

Received a better offer

Regional Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Concur in August 2014.

I first met with VP of Sales and it was a great 30 minute conversation.

Then when the next Manager walked in the first thing she said was "I have been doing interviews all day and am exhausted, so if I ask some off the wall questions don't be surprised". And then she got up and left halfway through the interview.

I was then asked a bunch of questions from another manager about Zillow and how I would overcome some objections from Agents in regards to the Zillow product. Difficult questions for me to answer since I don't work for Zillow and have no idea how their platform operates.

I was also supposed to meet with another VP but she got called into a meeting upstairs and I was told I would have a phone interview.

I don't think I was given a fair opportunity. It seems as though they were doing nothing but interviews all day long and were simply tired of them by the time I arrived.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions because they didn't seem to care and just wanted to be done for the day.   Answer Question

Client Support Representative Interview

Had the in person interview with hiring managers. Felt like I wasn't getting hired right off the bat with the attitude and body language of one of the interviewers. Was told they would contact me which they never did. Thought the process was unprofessional and a waste of my time.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Concur in August 2014.

Phone interview with recruiter who promised a salary MUCH lesser than found on glassdoor for this position. Second interview with Hiring manager. Somewhat detailed about testing experience. This was a functional testing role much to my disappointment. Third interview with 3 test engineers/team leads that each lasted for 20-30 minutes back to back. More emphasis on functional testing.