Concur

Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.9

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Concur in August 2014.

Concur is an awesome company, from the people, to their values and culture. I was contacted by a recruiter shortly after applying online, went through initial screening, then a 30min phone interview, subsequently I was invited to Bellevue for an in-person which consisted of 3 back to back interviews with various members of the team.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Concur.

- Initial phone screening from recruiter asking about my background
    - Phone screen from hiring manager; general questions about my background
    - Quick project at home in which I reviewed the TripIt product, and created and presentation outlying what I liked, and what issues I found in the product. The hiring manager liked the process / flow diagram that I put together.
    - In-person interview with a product manager, the design lead, and an engineering manager.
    - Received offer within a week of the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • - None. This is where TripIt could improve it's interview processes... the company does a poor job of screening for and recruiting high caliber employees.   Answer Question
    Simple. The recruiters build in wiggle room in case candidates ask for a higher salary. I asked.. she counteroffered, with something slightly lower, and I accepted.

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Concur in July 2014.

I was contacted to set up a phone interview and within an hour of replying with my availability I was told the hiring manager is going in a different direction.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Concur in July 2014.

Entire interview process was handled with exceptional professionalism. Communication was timely and explicit and there was ample opportunity for questions on my end and vice versa. I was set to move to the final stage of interviewing but there were some requirements for the position where I did not have flexibility so, unfortunately, I needed to pull myself out of the process. I note that I did not get an offer, but having moved to the final stage in the process, I am confident that I would have likely received one.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all typical. The most interesting element was that I was to prepare a presentation and then deliver it to a group of people.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Concur.

its a on site interview. I was interviewed by two manager. The interview is about white board coding. One of the coding problem is about binary tree. there is also a problem about how to get to string input and output the sum of them. The whole process last for 1 hour.

Business Development Intern Interview

I have an interview with a recruiter. She asked me questions which are easy and only takes 15 minutes. Those question are just behavior questions. She is nice, but I think the reason I did not get the offer is because for some questions I did not answer clear.

Senior Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Concur in May 2014.

I was made aware of the position by a recruiter from a staffing agency I worked with. First step in the interview process was a short (30 minute) discussion with a manager in the group I was being considered for. It was fairly technical in nature, there was some discussion about basic programming concepts and at the end I was asked a coding question. I simply had to walk the interviewer through the solution without writing any code.
    After my initial phone screen I was invited for an on-site interview in Bellevue. Three interviews were scheduled and they were all fairly typical coding/skill questions. Interviews were with a senior developer , the same manager I spoke with before and another manager in the group. All asked a variety of coding and SQL questions (of varying difficulty), but overall the interviews were very low stress and pleasant. After the three interviews I was told I would be let know of next steps.
    The last step, after passing the 1-1 interviews, was a Skype interview with the GM of the group. It was supposed to be similar in format to the 1-1 interviews I had, but due to Skype problems on my end we ended up talking on the phone. This was a fairly technical interview as well and once again I was told to walk the interviewer through a problem without writing any code.
    I was contacted by the internal Concur recruiter the very next day with their decision.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience and because of my tight deadlines Concur moved very fast from the initial screen to their final offer. I ended up going with another place, but would strongly consider Concur again in the future.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty standard interview questions (basic data structure and constructs)   Answer Question

Concur's offer was very attractive but I decided that a different company in Seattle would be a better fit for what I was looking for in a new job

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Concur in May 2014.

4 interview, 2 with hiring manage and 1 with VP of company. Interview was basically about your past experience and how would you handle certain situations in terms of your skill set vs job requirements. More behavioral questions and HR questions. Very general HR questions and it's based on your resume.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Concur.

Standard interview protocol. 30 minute initial phone screen with recruiter, followed by 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager. Both interviews, were straight forward with information about the position and my experience. Strongly felt both interviews went very well. so was expecting onsite interview. Received call from recruiter next day that I was no longer in the running. Prior to the call, noticed an unsolicited review of my LinkedIn profile from an unknown employee at this company. Not sure what they were looking for, but my profile is the same as the resume submitted, so no surprises. Maybe they wanted to see a picture?

Member of R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Concur.

Getting an in-person interview takes a few phone calls, but don't be discouraged. If you do get an in-person interview then what you're really being evaluated for is culture-fit, not so much skills.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a detailed data import question.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Salaries are pre-determined and benefits are comprehensive and generous.