Concur

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.9

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Concur.

its a on site interview. I was interviewed by two manager. The interview is about white board coding. One of the coding problem is about binary tree. there is also a problem about how to get to string input and output the sum of them. The whole process last for 1 hour.

Business Development Intern Interview

I have an interview with a recruiter. She asked me questions which are easy and only takes 15 minutes. Those question are just behavior questions. She is nice, but I think the reason I did not get the offer is because for some questions I did not answer clear.

Senior Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Concur in May 2014.

I was made aware of the position by a recruiter from a staffing agency I worked with. First step in the interview process was a short (30 minute) discussion with a manager in the group I was being considered for. It was fairly technical in nature, there was some discussion about basic programming concepts and at the end I was asked a coding question. I simply had to walk the interviewer through the solution without writing any code.
    After my initial phone screen I was invited for an on-site interview in Bellevue. Three interviews were scheduled and they were all fairly typical coding/skill questions. Interviews were with a senior developer , the same manager I spoke with before and another manager in the group. All asked a variety of coding and SQL questions (of varying difficulty), but overall the interviews were very low stress and pleasant. After the three interviews I was told I would be let know of next steps.
    The last step, after passing the 1-1 interviews, was a Skype interview with the GM of the group. It was supposed to be similar in format to the 1-1 interviews I had, but due to Skype problems on my end we ended up talking on the phone. This was a fairly technical interview as well and once again I was told to walk the interviewer through a problem without writing any code.
    I was contacted by the internal Concur recruiter the very next day with their decision.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience and because of my tight deadlines Concur moved very fast from the initial screen to their final offer. I ended up going with another place, but would strongly consider Concur again in the future.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty standard interview questions (basic data structure and constructs)   Answer Question

Concur's offer was very attractive but I decided that a different company in Seattle would be a better fit for what I was looking for in a new job

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Concur in May 2014.

4 interview, 2 with hiring manage and 1 with VP of company. Interview was basically about your past experience and how would you handle certain situations in terms of your skill set vs job requirements. More behavioral questions and HR questions. Very general HR questions and it's based on your resume.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Concur.

Standard interview protocol. 30 minute initial phone screen with recruiter, followed by 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager. Both interviews, were straight forward with information about the position and my experience. Strongly felt both interviews went very well. so was expecting onsite interview. Received call from recruiter next day that I was no longer in the running. Prior to the call, noticed an unsolicited review of my LinkedIn profile from an unknown employee at this company. Not sure what they were looking for, but my profile is the same as the resume submitted, so no surprises. Maybe they wanted to see a picture?

Member of R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Concur.

Getting an in-person interview takes a few phone calls, but don't be discouraged. If you do get an in-person interview then what you're really being evaluated for is culture-fit, not so much skills.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a detailed data import question.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Salaries are pre-determined and benefits are comprehensive and generous.

Marketing Manager, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Concur.

Initially the recruiter reached out to me and set up some time for me to talk with the hiring manager who kept the interview short but concentrated on what the role was and what I was looking for. The hiring manager was very friendly and knew what she was talking about.

Next, they called me in for a series of in-person interviews and several over the phone. This went pretty well and concentrated on what I knew about the company and specific experiences I had (e.g. examples of campaigns I've worked on, success metrics, etc.). Interviewers included immediate members of the marketing team and several c-level executives. I left feeling pretty good about the interview and fit.

About a week later I received a follow-up email from the recruiter who noted that the team wanted me in for a third round in person with more c-level types and in more of a panel interview. I was excited for this and provided him with various days and times that would work for me. After another week I didn't hear anything back so I reached out to the recruiter asking him what the status was. He followed up saying that they had decided to move forward with an internal applicant but said nothing else.

Not a great way to handle an interview. It definitely left a bad taste in my mouth regarding the company and specifically how they handle interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What you know about the company? (followed by) What else? (this was done repeatedly until I ran out of things to share)   View Answer

Regional Sales Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Concur in January 2014.

about 6 interviews. Multiple interviews over the phone and two in person. You will not only interview with management but also with 3 different employees who hold the same position you are interviewing for. You will also have to give a presentation on the Concur software... there will be instructions provided. The process took me a little over 3 months. Be patient as it is extremely competitive. I have spoke with employees that interviewed two and three separate times and got the offer after multiple declines.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you have done in the past that will make you succeed in this role.   Answer Question
    no negotiations for sales positions... consider yourself lucky if you get the offer. VERY COMPETITIVE process. Well worth the wait.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Concur.

The interview process involved several people from my prospective dept, but matched their values of wanting to hire the most talented people and the right people to fill their positions. Communications through the process was excellent - the recruiter kept me updated along the way.

Concur has set programs and policies and offers a competitive compensation package. There is little room to negotiate, but I felt my questions and requests were heard and addressed.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Concur in December 2013.

Initial phone interview with recruiter was typical interview for sales job. Talk about your sales methodology, what's my selling style, etc. Recruiter said she'd let me know next or following day if I was moving forward. Two weeks later she finally writes back that I will go to next round and meet with 3 sales directors. A week later after some scheduling conflicts I go to the office a meet with the 1 sales director who isn't out of town that week. He's not the hiring manager, doesn't seem familiar with my resume at all. Interview was 20 minutes long. He asked me 3 questions. 1) why do I want to leave my current job, and 2) did it concern be I didn't have B2B sales experience. 3) What are your questions. Basically I spoke for about 3 of the 20 minutes and listened to him answer my questions. For real..It was so strange and uncomfortable. I had a more professional interview when i got my first job at 15.

I got an email the next day saying thanks, but no thanks, moving on with candidates with B2B experience. OKAY, so why did I was hours of my time with a phone interview, prepping for 1:1 interview, etc.? I wasn't asked a single situational question, nor any personal/professional questions about myself, or my sales background, or how I sell. That was very suprising. Interviewer didn't take any notes (nor did he even bring a pen or paper).

Interview Questions
    • The sales director asked me 2 questions in 20 minutes. I asked 5. Lesson, don't ask more questions than your interviewer.   Answer Question