Concur Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Concur (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a very nice interview process! I got to know a lot about the company, the teams, and their projects. It was a series of short phone interviews, and the recruiter was extremely helpful! They give you guidance on many interview questions and there are a lot of benefits!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Concur.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. She was very easy going and asked typical questions concerning my current role, salary expectations, and a few behavioral based questions. She stressed the job was work from home, which was fine with me. We talked for about an hour. She informed me that she would move me along to the hiring manager... I was set up with an interview about a week later. The 1st interview with the hiring manager was interesting. She was late to the hour call by about 10 mins. She apologized and naturally was rushed in getting her questions answered. Her behavioral based questions focused on things such as time management, project management, teamwork, dealing with difficult customers, and rating levels of competency. For example.. rate yourself on a scale of 1-5 on technical aptitude, training, communication, implementation, customer satisfaction..etc. She had no tone inflection or gave any impression that she was interested in moving me along in the process or even interviewing. I was confused to learn I'd be moved along to the last set of interviews honestly. The last group of interviews were 4 more interviews of an hour.... 3 with managers of various implementation teams and 1 last interview the hiring manager. That's a total of 6 hours of interviews over the phone (6 in total, an hour each). Concur has a very detailed process. The last set of interviews were similar to the hiring manager interview. All the interviewers were late by a minimum 5-10 mins, they all gave an overview of their particular teams and why they love Concur, each also asked behavioral questions that were very similar to those described above. Only one interviewer was really excited about his role and the company... the others sounded like they were just happy to be employed. I was told by the hiring manager during the final interview that I would have a decision within a week. She thanked me for interviewing and stressed that Concur was a great company and hoped the interviews were representative. At this point, I'd been interviewing with the company for a month... 2 weeks went by and I followed up with a quick email to the recruiter for clarity. I was trying to be patient. She sent a nice rejection letter and closed me out in the system (It sent a survey asking for feedback). Overall, the process was ok. I wish it wasn't 6 hours long and I wish the interviewers were on time/engaged. I thought I might have been interviewing to be the director of the unit instead of an entry level project manager. Questions asked include: How do you work with metrics? How to do keep a track of your work? Why do you want to work for Concur? Tell me about a time you had to deal with meeting a deadline? How do you deal with angry customers?

Interview Questions

• I can't recall any unexpected questions.. all were behavioral based. Use the STAR method.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Concur.

Interview

Applied through school career cite. After three months, got a email to set up an on campus interview. Interviewed by three people, they were all very nice, which made the atmosphere very pleasant, I am still waiting to hear from them, But I feel they are the people I want to work with. I wasn't able to give answer to one coding question but the software guy was really patient. and eventually changed another question which I was able to answer.

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Concur (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Company lacks integrity and professionalism. Worked through a recruiter. Sent them a practical test and a written test. They liked it and scheduled my first interview w/ recruiter. Had my first interview over the phone - was fine. They scheduled a second interview with me through my recruiter within minutes of hanging up with me. Two hours before my second interview was scheduled to occur, they canceled saying they had already found someone to fill the position. Knowing their lack of integrity and professionalism now, would not want to work for them.

Interview Questions

• None, really. Mostly just talking about the technologies they've used.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Concur in February 2015.

Interview

Supposedly to be 3 rounds apart from the first screening with the HR/recruitment co-ordinator. Round 1 with co-ordinator Round 2 with QA Manager Round 3 with fellow Senior S/w Dev Engg in Test First two rounds went absolutely great. The HR questions were all about how confident and well trained are you to work in a competitive environment. There was also a detailed discussion about the company and its recruitment process QA Manager's interview was all about test process. Tricky questions of how would you test web service and so on. Fellow Sr. Software Dev Engg : Never expect this round would become a blunder after a serious of great Q/A session in OO went smoothly, however, the question to develop an API to find longest path in binary tree killed it all. I stumbled to understand the question from the picture and the moment i did, i think the manager assumed i wasn't skilled as a java dev. Overall it went ok

Interview Questions

• OO concepts, core java and binary tree which i'm not sure how helpful it'd be. Expected selenium but no.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Concur (Bellevue, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

very well organized - I was in the loop on next steps etc. It is a long process, Concur obviously screens for the best. The recruiter was easy to reach, and offered great feedback and insight as the loop progressed. I was able to get a good feel of the company during the process as well.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions- as the loop continued more detailed about who you are etc   Answer Question

Service Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Concur (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter within a week. I was told I would be forwarded to the team manager and an interview was set up for the next week. I was then told by the team manager that I would be forwarded to the Director and an interview set for the following week. Recently noticed that the job was reposted but I have not had any feedback from my interviews.

Interview Questions

• Recurring question: What type of manager do you prefer?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Concur.

Interview

30mins interview- mix of technical and behavioral, notified by email in advance and interviewed by a group of three, two HR one engineer. Behavioral questions are fine and HRs are nice and positive.

Interview Questions

Interview

Recruiter was rude during the initial phone interview, which turned my off of the company. I received an offer for an in person interview but declined due to my experience with the recruiter. I wasn't a good image for the company.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to provide example of excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Concur.

Interview

The interview process was typical but a bit lengthy. I had applied back in October for a manager position and was not contacted from a recruiter until December. Once contacted by the recruiter, it took a couple about a couple of weeks to coordinate a phone interview. After the phone interview, it took another couple of weeks to hear back that I had been selected for a phone interview with the hiring manager. That was scheduled very promptly. Overall, the experience was pleasant and the recruiter I worked with was friendly and kept me updated regarding the process (after I was initially contacted).

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions. The recruiter asked about my background and why I was interested in the position. The hiring manager asked questions such as "what does work/life balance mean to you" and "what would my boss consider my biggest area of opportunity".   Answer Question