Concur

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Concur in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and recruiter contacted via mail for a phone interview. The phone interview covered general questions about my background and experience. This was followed by two other 1:1 interviews by Senior Management. The Interviews were pretty detailed and questions required presence of mind.

Interview Question – Detailed questions relating to work experience and how it would fit into my role at Concur.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Implementation Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Concur in July 2013.

Interview Details – My first interview was with the recruiter and then the next 3 were with team members a few days later. It went VERY well and I thought I would be offered a job. I wasnt offered the job and had to stay in contact with the recruiter to ask since they dont seem to get the info back to you if you werent selected.

Interview Question – typical questions   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Implementation Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Concur.

Interview Details – My entire interview process was by phone. I started with the HR recruiter who really only wanted to tell me more about the benefits at the company. She said she already knew I was qualified since I had been referred for the position. I then interviewed a couple days later with the director of the department and then a couple more days later the manager of the department. I had to wait several weeks before hearing from them with an offer.

Interview Question – They didn't really ask too many out of the norm questions other than questions about my work history to make sure I knew what I needed for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would suggest that others try and negotiate for a better salary. I gave a salary range and they came in at the bottom of it. I was happy with it and really wanted the job so I accepted without negotiating.

Corporate Learning Program Manager Interview

Corporate Learning Program Manager
Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Concur in August 2009.

Interview Details – Easy communications and 4-5 rounds of interviews with leaders from different business units. I liked that I was interviewed by a number of employees at different levels of the company--potential team members, cross-functional roles, individual contributors and managers. The interviews were lengthy and the employees clearly felt a vested interested in the decision and whether or not they would want to work with me directly--right away or in the future.

Interview Question – I was asked about the relatively short times I had spent with previous employers. Even though the length of my previous employers had been 3, 5, or 7 years in length (and what I considered pretty common these days), one of the interviewers saw this as a potential negative. Concur is interested in building a long term company and they want people on board for the long haul.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Like any negotiation, the goal should be for both parties to feel like they "won." It's tough with an employer because you want the relationship to get started on the right foot. I was mostly satisfied with the initial offer but did ask for more in a single round of negotiations. I think most employers understand that it never hurts to ask.

Revenue Accountant Interview

Revenue Accountant

Interviewed at Concur

Interview Details – Very thorough process, first phone screen with HR then multiple face to face interviews.

Interview Question – Not many difficult questions at all mostly behavioral but some can get quite technical   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Concur.

Interview Details – A couple of weeks after I had submitted my resume I was contacted via email by a recruiter and we scheduled a time for a phone interview to go over my resume.
Five minutes past the interview start time, I get an email with an apology for running late and asking to reschedule for the following day. I reply not to worry and, after checking my calendar and taking the time to move things around, I follow up with a second email asking the recruiter to pick any time they wanted. I have never heard again by this recruiter. I followed up one week later, and two weeks later, and got completely ignored. Now, I would have had 0 problems is they had told me they had changed their mind. I can accept that. But, just plain ignore me after you have reached out to me, and I made the effort to free up my calendar twice to accommodate your schedule? I cannot speak to how Concur is as a company, they seem a cool place to work and really good at what they do. But this was just plain bad human resources management that reflects badly on the company. Sorry Concur, this wasn't good.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Concur in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was attracted to the role through an internal recruiter. She was aggressive but I liked it because she was to the point, told me what the role was, the opportunity which led to phone interview and multiple rounds before hire.

I would like to see the hiring process simplified. I felt it took too long, but I also understand the company wants to be thorough, although sometimes I felt it was to satisfy the many stakeholders.

Interview Question – Being drilled multiple times about handling a crisis. Each time I had an answer, the interviewer dug deeper.   Answer Question

Enterprise Architect Interview

Enterprise Architect
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Concur in May 2013.

Interview Details – Next day response to resume submittal and went from that to talking to a full interview loop (4 people) within two weeks. Everyone was honest and friendly in the process.

3 more business to hear results from the interview.

I would recommend interviewing with them to other people. They seemed like a group of people pretty committed and enthusiastic about their jobs.

Interview Question – What are the drawbacks of that standard/classic approach to master data management in hub spoke model?   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter
Redmond, WA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Concur.

Interview Details – One on one meetings with members of the recruiting team and business.

Reason for Declining – See comments

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Concur in January 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiter reached out to me after I applied online ( Very surprising as that seldom happens) The recruiter initially scheduled me for the first round. Had a great interview and the recruiter immediately got back to me regarding the next round. After the second round, my future manager informed that I had cleared his interview and will put me through other people before I flew back for the final round.
However, since the interview happens on a rolling basis, they stop communicating with you once they find a good fit. This might be unnerving sometimes, however there are a lot of cues that you can pick up to know the status of your candidacy. Since I applied through LinkedIn, the job posting is taken down immediately when they offer someone.
As a good candidate ( as mentioned by the interviewers), you are expected to atleast be given a fair chance or communicated with regularly.

Interview Question – You do not have Product experience, and how do you plan to make good for that in this product team.   Answer Question