Concur

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.9

Client Executive, Nationals Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Concur in December 2013.

Interview process was lengthy but geared towards making sure the opportunity is a good fit for all parties involved. Had an initial HR interview, separate phone interviews with director, other director and a client executive. In person interview and presentation to panel of people including director, VP and peer positions.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process requires a presentation. This was difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Concur in September 2013.

After submitting my application electronically, I was contacted for a phone screening. After answering a number of experience related questions, the recruiter asked what commercial product experience I had, I had B2B and B2G product experience and Concur is a B2B company. Then he asked what mobile product experience I had - none. The recruiter quickly ended the call. I had to contact him a week later to receive the rejection. Neither of these "qualifying" requirements were listed on the job description.

Interview Questions
    • What mobile or commercial product experience do you have?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant-Revenue Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Concur in September 2013.

After submitting my application, I received an email from a recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. It lasted about 10 minutes.

A few days later I received an email from the same recruiter to set up a phone interview with the Senior Accountant. We went over the job description, and he wanted to get to know more about me and why I am interested in this position.

A few days after this phone interview I was invited for an on-site interview at their Bellevue location. I was provided with my interview schedule (times and with who). Shortly after receiving that email, I received another one wanting to set up one more phone interview the day before my on-site interview. The Senior Manager was unable to make the on-site interview, but at least wanted to speak with me.

Both the 3rd phone interview and on-site interviews went great I loved everyone I talked to, and really felt a connection, and could really see myself working there. I interviewed with the Accounting Director, 2 accountants on the revenue team, and the Senior Accountant I had a phone interview with.

The morning after my on-site interview, I received an email inviting me for a "final interview", with the Controller and Senior Manager (that I had a phone interview with). This interview was mostly to get to know more of my personality and see if I fit in with the team.

All the questions were pretty much the basic behavioral questions, and how my current work experience would help in this position I have applied for. I had a total of 9 interviews, 3 phone, and on-site with 6 people.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was, "If I wanted to fill this room with baseballs, how would you do it? Take me through your steps/thought process in achieving this."   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

interviewed at Concur in September 2013.

Initial phone call for knowing more about you. Later a half hour technical interview which was good and more stressed on the crisis handling.Waiting for the 1:1 interview scheduled next week.

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Concur in September 2013.

My roles & responsibilities changed from at the turn of the fiscal year due to the internal landscape changing. No interview process implemented due to this shift. I did interview for my prior position however, and it consisted of 2 interviews; one with the hiring manager, and one with the VP of the department.

N/A

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Concur in September 2013.

I initially applied online through LinkedIn. A couple weeks later I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a screening interview. The recruiter was somewhat difficult to work with. It took an additional 2 weeks just to get the screening interview scheduled and completed. This screening the was mostly going over my resume and experience.

2 more weeks later I was contacted for an initial 30 min phone screen by an actual developer. It took about a month and a half to get to this point. The screening was pretty straightforward. I don't remember any overly complex questions. About a week later I was contacted to schedule an onsite interview.

The onsite interview was in their Bellevue office. The schedule was 3 - 1hr interviews with developers and 3 - 30min interviews with Managers and a PM. I arrived in reception and started the day at 10am. The interviewers were nice and friendly. The interviews themselves were more of discussions while solving some coding problems rather than just observing. Questions were somewhat comprehensive, but not super difficult. One question on database design. One question on algorithms, etc. The weirdest thing is they didn't offer me a lunch break nor give me any food for the next 4 1/2 hours. It was difficult towards the end of the day without having any food. I was just handed off from one interviewer to the next within the same conference room. The day ended close to 3pm.

The 30 minute interviews were not very technical at all. It mostly was a question/answer session by other members of the team to get an idea of how they work and the culture. The company is big on hiring people who fit their culture.

It took about a week and a half to extend an offer after the interview. The recruiter was overall helpful, but I thought it was strange how long the process took compared to other larger companies I have interviewed at.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function which will print out the Fibonacci sequence. Programming language doesn't matter.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was allowed. Either they already offered me highest salary for the level or they just didn't budge.

Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Concur.

My entire interview process was by phone. I started with the HR recruiter who really only wanted to tell me more about the benefits at the company. She said she already knew I was qualified since I had been referred for the position. I then interviewed a couple days later with the director of the department and then a couple more days later the manager of the department. I had to wait several weeks before hearing from them with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask too many out of the norm questions other than questions about my work history to make sure I knew what I needed for the job.   Answer Question
    I would suggest that others try and negotiate for a better salary. I gave a salary range and they came in at the bottom of it. I was happy with it and really wanted the job so I accepted without negotiating.

Revenue Accountant Interview

Very thorough process, first phone screen with HR then multiple face to face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Not many difficult questions at all mostly behavioral but some can get quite technical   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Concur.

A couple of weeks after I had submitted my resume I was contacted via email by a recruiter and we scheduled a time for a phone interview to go over my resume.
    Five minutes past the interview start time, I get an email with an apology for running late and asking to reschedule for the following day. I reply not to worry and, after checking my calendar and taking the time to move things around, I follow up with a second email asking the recruiter to pick any time they wanted. I have never heard again by this recruiter. I followed up one week later, and two weeks later, and got completely ignored. Now, I would have had 0 problems is they had told me they had changed their mind. I can accept that. But, just plain ignore me after you have reached out to me, and I made the effort to free up my calendar twice to accommodate your schedule? I cannot speak to how Concur is as a company, they seem a cool place to work and really good at what they do. But this was just plain bad human resources management that reflects badly on the company. Sorry Concur, this wasn't good.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Concur in July 2013.

My first interview was with the recruiter and then the next 3 were with team members a few days later. It went VERY well and I thought I would be offered a job. I wasnt offered the job and had to stay in contact with the recruiter to ask since they dont seem to get the info back to you if you werent selected.