Concur Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Staff Accountant-Revenue Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Concur in September 2013.

After submitting my application, I received an email from a recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. It lasted about 10 minutes.

A few days later I received an email from the same recruiter to set up a phone interview with the Senior Accountant. We went over the job description, and he wanted to get to know more about me and why I am interested in this position.

A few days after this phone interview I was invited for an on-site interview at their Bellevue location. I was provided with my interview schedule (times and with who). Shortly after receiving that email, I received another one wanting to set up one more phone interview the day before my on-site interview. The Senior Manager was unable to make the on-site interview, but at least wanted to speak with me.

Both the 3rd phone interview and on-site interviews went great I loved everyone I talked to, and really felt a connection, and could really see myself working there. I interviewed with the Accounting Director, 2 accountants on the revenue team, and the Senior Accountant I had a phone interview with.

The morning after my on-site interview, I received an email inviting me for a "final interview", with the Controller and Senior Manager (that I had a phone interview with). This interview was mostly to get to know more of my personality and see if I fit in with the team.

All the questions were pretty much the basic behavioral questions, and how my current work experience would help in this position I have applied for. I had a total of 9 interviews, 3 phone, and on-site with 6 people.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was, "If I wanted to fill this room with baseballs, how would you do it? Take me through your steps/thought process in achieving this."   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Concur in January 2013.

Very long interview process. Recruiters were very nice and knowledgeable, but the process took weeks to complete. Even after the offer, it took weeks to complete the pre-employment verification. Quite a frustrating process.

Mobile Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Concur in April 2013.

Get a phone call scheduled an on-campus interview from recruiter. It's a 30 mins interview. I just had one coding question. Get the offer the day after the interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

interviewed at Concur in September 2013.

Initial phone call for knowing more about you. Later a half hour technical interview which was good and more stressed on the crisis handling.Waiting for the 1:1 interview scheduled next week.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Concur in May 2013.

I applied online and recruiter contacted via mail for a phone interview. The phone interview covered general questions about my background and experience. This was followed by two other 1:1 interviews by Senior Management. The Interviews were pretty detailed and questions required presence of mind.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions relating to work experience and how it would fit into my role at Concur.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Concur in July 2013.

My first interview was with the recruiter and then the next 3 were with team members a few days later. It went VERY well and I thought I would be offered a job. I wasnt offered the job and had to stay in contact with the recruiter to ask since they dont seem to get the info back to you if you werent selected.

Implementation Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Concur.

My entire interview process was by phone. I started with the HR recruiter who really only wanted to tell me more about the benefits at the company. She said she already knew I was qualified since I had been referred for the position. I then interviewed a couple days later with the director of the department and then a couple more days later the manager of the department. I had to wait several weeks before hearing from them with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask too many out of the norm questions other than questions about my work history to make sure I knew what I needed for the job.   Answer Question
    I would suggest that others try and negotiate for a better salary. I gave a salary range and they came in at the bottom of it. I was happy with it and really wanted the job so I accepted without negotiating.

Corporate Learning Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Concur in August 2009.

Easy communications and 4-5 rounds of interviews with leaders from different business units. I liked that I was interviewed by a number of employees at different levels of the company--potential team members, cross-functional roles, individual contributors and managers. The interviews were lengthy and the employees clearly felt a vested interested in the decision and whether or not they would want to work with me directly--right away or in the future.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about the relatively short times I had spent with previous employers. Even though the length of my previous employers had been 3, 5, or 7 years in length (and what I considered pretty common these days), one of the interviewers saw this as a potential negative. Concur is interested in building a long term company and they want people on board for the long haul.   View Answer
    Like any negotiation, the goal should be for both parties to feel like they "won." It's tough with an employer because you want the relationship to get started on the right foot. I was mostly satisfied with the initial offer but did ask for more in a single round of negotiations. I think most employers understand that it never hurts to ask.

Revenue Accountant Interview

Very thorough process, first phone screen with HR then multiple face to face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Not many difficult questions at all mostly behavioral but some can get quite technical   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Concur.

A couple of weeks after I had submitted my resume I was contacted via email by a recruiter and we scheduled a time for a phone interview to go over my resume.
    Five minutes past the interview start time, I get an email with an apology for running late and asking to reschedule for the following day. I reply not to worry and, after checking my calendar and taking the time to move things around, I follow up with a second email asking the recruiter to pick any time they wanted. I have never heard again by this recruiter. I followed up one week later, and two weeks later, and got completely ignored. Now, I would have had 0 problems is they had told me they had changed their mind. I can accept that. But, just plain ignore me after you have reached out to me, and I made the effort to free up my calendar twice to accommodate your schedule? I cannot speak to how Concur is as a company, they seem a cool place to work and really good at what they do. But this was just plain bad human resources management that reflects badly on the company. Sorry Concur, this wasn't good.