Concur

Concur Product Manager Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Concur.

- Initial phone screening from recruiter asking about my background
- Phone screen from hiring manager; general questions about my background
- Quick project at home in which I reviewed the TripIt product, and created and presentation outlying what I liked, and what issues I found in the product. The hiring manager liked the process / flow diagram that I put together.
- In-person interview with a product manager, the design lead, and an engineering manager.
- Received offer within a week of the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
  • - None. This is where TripIt could improve it's interview processes... the company does a poor job of screening for and recruiting high caliber employees.   Answer Question
Simple. The recruiters build in wiggle room in case candidates ask for a higher salary. I asked.. she counteroffered, with something slightly lower, and I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Concur

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Concur in June 2012.

telephone interview then multiple rounds of face to face

Interview Questions
    • not able to get across to other staff that their apparent speed of release cycles was suited to my experience and that a little control and planning might actually be more productive.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Concur in December 2011.

Two phone interviews, one with an HR person, and one with the hiring manager. HR screen was typical -- asked for a walkthrough of the recent jobs on my resume. HR person stated that I met the qualifications, and that I would be moving on to the next phase -- a brief phone call with the hiring manger. The phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled for 45 minutes, and seemed rushed to me. An extra 15 minutes would have served both the hiring manager and me better. This seemed like a bit of a rehash of the HR screening, just a slightly deeper dive into my experience. Rumor has it that the position was filled by an internal candidate. I get the sense that the hiring manager needed to talk to an external candidate before he could offer the job to the internal candidate.

Overall, the experience was friendly and professional, with no difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your experiences at XYZ Company, as they relate to this position.   Answer Question