Concur Interview Questions & Reviews in Redmond, WA

3.4

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Concur in January 2013.

Very long interview process. Recruiters were very nice and knowledgeable, but the process took weeks to complete. Even after the offer, it took weeks to complete the pre-employment verification. Quite a frustrating process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

interviewed at Concur in September 2013.

Initial phone call for knowing more about you. Later a half hour technical interview which was good and more stressed on the crisis handling.Waiting for the 1:1 interview scheduled next week.

Corporate Learning Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Concur in August 2009.

Easy communications and 4-5 rounds of interviews with leaders from different business units. I liked that I was interviewed by a number of employees at different levels of the company--potential team members, cross-functional roles, individual contributors and managers. The interviews were lengthy and the employees clearly felt a vested interested in the decision and whether or not they would want to work with me directly--right away or in the future.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about the relatively short times I had spent with previous employers. Even though the length of my previous employers had been 3, 5, or 7 years in length (and what I considered pretty common these days), one of the interviewers saw this as a potential negative. Concur is interested in building a long term company and they want people on board for the long haul.   View Answer
    Like any negotiation, the goal should be for both parties to feel like they "won." It's tough with an employer because you want the relationship to get started on the right foot. I was mostly satisfied with the initial offer but did ask for more in a single round of negotiations. I think most employers understand that it never hurts to ask.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Concur.

One on one meetings with members of the recruiting team and business.

See comments

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Concur in January 2013.

The recruiter reached out to me after I applied online ( Very surprising as that seldom happens) The recruiter initially scheduled me for the first round. Had a great interview and the recruiter immediately got back to me regarding the next round. After the second round, my future manager informed that I had cleared his interview and will put me through other people before I flew back for the final round.
    However, since the interview happens on a rolling basis, they stop communicating with you once they find a good fit. This might be unnerving sometimes, however there are a lot of cues that you can pick up to know the status of your candidacy. Since I applied through LinkedIn, the job posting is taken down immediately when they offer someone.
    As a good candidate ( as mentioned by the interviewers), you are expected to atleast be given a fair chance or communicated with regularly.

Interview Questions
    • You do not have Product experience, and how do you plan to make good for that in this product team.   Answer Question

Market Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Concur in March 2012.

Several interviews over the phone with Recruiter, Hiring Manager and Vps and THEN an in-person panel style with managers, directors and employees. It can be grueling. Lots of questions about who you are/what would you do in this scenario. Culture is key. Standard interview process, no curveball questions. Come prepared.

Interview Questions
    • It was expected to know a fair bit about Concur, their product offering, competitors, etc. Was asked to do a elevator pitch of their product during an interview, coming prepared is key.   Answer Question
    N/A

Senior Leader Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Concur in November 2012.

Overall the interview experience was positive:
    1. Great coordination - my flight, stay and interview schedule was concise and accurate
    2. Timely response and connection with Recruiter
    3. A lot of background to culture, people and practices
    4. Huge emphasis on onboarding - even at the interview level

Overall the coordination and experience was great. Only minus was the multiple rounds and long day of interviews - each time responding to same questions.

They are thorough and I respect that. You don't get that with many companies who just rush you through 13 rounds of interviews.

They preach to the what they say, cultural fit, and skills capability.

Interview Questions
    • It was the questions that were difficult, more of the duration of the interviews and the multiple rounds. I met a number of interviewers who quizzed hard on my cultural approach to things, but also a number of interviewers that asked extremely nuts and bolts questions about skills. There should be more coordination between each interviewer of who asks what and why.   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Concur.

Applied online and followed up with the recruiter via LinkedIn. The process was very pleasant and moved quickly. The recruiter always communicated where I was in the process and next steps. Initially had a screening call. Next, the first two interviews were over the phone, next was a mock demo of Concur's solution (virtually), then in-person and telephone peer interviews, followed by an off site meeting with hiring manager.

Senior Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Concur in October 2012.

Coming from a contract position at Microsoft, felt the Accounting Director had a chip on her shoulder about former MS employees that won't say anything bad about Microsoft. Was deemed to be unfit for Sr. role despite being asked only 1 accounting question. Other interviewers only asked me about my past skills using Excel and personality questions.

Interview Questions
    • I know you were making $80k at your last job, but would you be willing to accept a Jr. position here for $30k less?   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Concur in January 2012.

After completing my application in November, I was contacted by a recruiter in late December for an initial phone interview. This was followed up by two more phone interviews - asked mostly behavioral questions about my experiences listed on my resume. Have not heard anything since the third phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think Concur would make a good investment? (stocks)   Answer Question

Worked for Concur? Contribute to the Community!