Concur Regional Sales Executive Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Concur in August 2014.

I first met with VP of Sales and it was a great 30 minute conversation.

Then when the next Manager walked in the first thing she said was "I have been doing interviews all day and am exhausted, so if I ask some off the wall questions don't be surprised". And then she got up and left halfway through the interview.

I was then asked a bunch of questions from another manager about Zillow and how I would overcome some objections from Agents in regards to the Zillow product. Difficult questions for me to answer since I don't work for Zillow and have no idea how their platform operates.

I was also supposed to meet with another VP but she got called into a meeting upstairs and I was told I would have a phone interview.

I don't think I was given a fair opportunity. It seems as though they were doing nothing but interviews all day long and were simply tired of them by the time I arrived.

Interview Questions
  • No real difficult questions because they didn't seem to care and just wanted to be done for the day.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Concur

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Concur in March 2014.

I received an email the next day after I submitted a resume online through the Concur website. I spoke with the recruiter on the phone and while she gave a good job description for my experience she was only interested in my 2014 W2. From that point she immediately disqualified my candidacy, she did not bother to learn of my experience, the type of customer or deal size I work with. She further went on to give me a run down of why I was not qualified which was not accurate in the least as she had not gathered any information as to my experience. I would not recommend Concur unless you are looking for a pay cut.

Regional Sales Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Concur in January 2014.

about 6 interviews. Multiple interviews over the phone and two in person. You will not only interview with management but also with 3 different employees who hold the same position you are interviewing for. You will also have to give a presentation on the Concur software... there will be instructions provided. The process took me a little over 3 months. Be patient as it is extremely competitive. I have spoke with employees that interviewed two and three separate times and got the offer after multiple declines.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you have done in the past that will make you succeed in this role.   Answer Question
    no negotiations for sales positions... consider yourself lucky if you get the offer. VERY COMPETITIVE process. Well worth the wait.

Regional Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Concur in September 2014.

Interviewed by the Regional Sales Manager. Purely behavioral interview, with a large emphasis on selling personality and dealing with sales challenges. Presented a number of scenarios of clients being difficult, and how to overcome them. A relatively open interview, with the interviewer welcoming any questions in return.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your selling style?   View Answer

Regional Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Concur in January 2012.

I initially applied to the position online through the company website and received an email about 3 weeks later to setup a phone screen. I responded with my availability and the phone screen with the recruiter was setup for the next day and lasted 45 minutes.

I heard back the next day via email to set up another phone interview with the hiring manager for the following week. This phone interview lasted 45 minutes and focused mostly on the part of my experience that would be most compatible to the position I was applying for.

At the end of this call, the hiring manager said they would like to bring me in for an in person half day interview. I would be meeting with the hiring manager for 45 minutes, followed by a panel interview with 3 of my would be colleagues/team members the following week. The in person interviews were not easy but not overly difficult either. Everyone was very friendly and it was apparent to me all the way throughout the process that they really were looking for the right candidate for the position and a good culture fit for the company.

After this meeting was done, I received an email the next day from the recruiter stating that the feedback was positive and they would like me to do an online demo through webex for the hiring manager and the rest of the team that sells this product every day to see my presentation skills. I would have a week to study the product through a free trial account that I created. The presentation was 35 minutes and took place 8 days after it was scheduled and everyone on the call was very open, friendly and honest with their feedback.

I followed up with the recruiter 6 days later and that day I was scheduled on a call with the VP of Sales for a final interview in a few days. Three days later I received the offer.

Although this was a very grueling and thorough interview process, I enjoyed it very much. Everyone was very hospitable, upbeat and made me feel like I would be joining of a group of colleagues that I would look forward to working with every day and I am excited for the opportunity.

Regional Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Concur in February 2011.

Long drawn out process with 5 interviews - there is a 30,60,90 day presentation as you will be expected to give feedback on what you have understood of the company the processes and the challenges
    Be prepared to have a number of questions thrown at you from all angles as the VP is pretty incisive
    The company is very thorough also at checking qualifications - I was asked to provide copies of all my degree certificates
    Thorough background check

Interview Questions
    • none I can remember. All the discussions were related to my experience and how I would tackle the challenges that might arise. A bit daunting because of the panel but otherwise ok.   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible - it was take it or leave it

Regional Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Concur in March 2010.

First contact is via phone with HR, then a telephonic interview and then you're invited to do a presentation and lay out your plans for your first 90 days at Concur. If all goes well you will get a job offer and you have to provide a lot of information about yourself including your salary slips of the last couple of years and you have to allow them to have an external organisation do a background check on you. It's a very lengthy and difficult process exemplifying what they are like to do business with: difficult and tough.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot really remember any difficult question - just a normal sales interview - after all not a lot of bright lights work here although they may give that impression at first.   View Answer
    I was promised some fringe benefits and they were even confirmed in writing via e-mail but up until today I still haven't seen any realized. Also make sure that your variable pay is confirmed as that has a tendency to change (downward) once on-board. All in all not very trustworthy nor appreciative.