Concur Sales Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Senior Software Engineer (9)
- Regional Sales Executive (4)
- Implementation Consultant (3)
- Market Development Representative (3)
- Sales (3)
- Marketing Manager, Senior (2)
- Regional Sales Manager (2)
- Product Manager (2)
- Product Marketing Manager (1)
- Business Development Intern (1)
- Automation Test Engineer (1)
- Senior Revenue Accountant (1)
- Program Management (1)
- Implementation Project Manager (1)
- Senior Software Design Engineer (1)
- Software Development Manager (1)
- Client Services (1)
- Service Administrator (1)
- Marketing Intern (1)
- Training (1)
- Account Executive (1)
- Software Configuration Engineer II (1)
- Senior Leader Role (1)
- Corporate Learning Program Manager (1)
- Mobile Software Development Engineer Intern (1)
- Software Design Engineer/Test II (1)
- Staff Accountant-Revenue (1)
- Client Executive, Nationals (1)
- Member of R&D (1)
- Client Support Representative/Client Support Analyst I (1)
Sales Interview (Negative Experience)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Concur in December 2013.
Interview Details – Initial phone interview with recruiter was typical interview for sales job. Talk about your sales methodology, what's my selling style, etc. Recruiter said she'd let me know next or following day if I was moving forward. Two weeks later she finally writes back that I will go to next round and meet with 3 sales directors. A week later after some scheduling conflicts I go to the office a meet with the 1 sales director who isn't out of town that week. He's not the hiring manager, doesn't seem familiar with my resume at all. Interview was 20 minutes long. He asked me 3 questions. 1) why do I want to leave my current job, and 2) did it concern be I didn't have B2B sales experience. 3) What are your questions. Basically I spoke for about 3 of the 20 minutes and listened to him answer my questions. For real..It was so strange and uncomfortable. I had a more professional interview when i got my first job at 15.
I got an email the next day saying thanks, but no thanks, moving on with candidates with B2B experience. OKAY, so why did I was hours of my time with a phone interview, prepping for 1:1 interview, etc.? I wasn't asked a single situational question, nor any personal/professional questions about myself, or my sales background, or how I sell. That was very suprising. Interviewer didn't take any notes (nor did he even bring a pen or paper).
Interview Question – The sales director asked me 2 questions in 20 minutes. I asked 5. Lesson, don't ask more questions than your interviewer. Answer Question
Sales Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Concur in October 2010.
Interview Details – The interview process for the Concur Breeze Sales rep started with a phone interview with the recruiter. After the phone interview I filled out a 100 question personality test. A week after the first interview I had a phone interview with the manager of the sales team I applied for, at the end of the interview I was scheduled for a 1/2 day interview the following week.
1/2 Day interview:
- 1:1 interview with the manager
- I gave a 15 min demo of the product, they ask you to spend time on the free trail in order to prepare for the interview.
- Panel interview with the team
- Closing interview with the recruiter
After the 1/2 day interview I was scheduled a phone interview with the VP of sales.
Interview Question – What do you see as the value prop is for the Concur Breeze product? Answer Question
Sales Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Concur in December 2010.
Interview Details – four different interviews with management team all over the phone. Very detailed questions about my sales methods and how i would go about prospecting new business. The opportunity is very lucative if you achieve your numbers
Interview Question – What was the biggest deal you worked on that you lost to the competition. View Answer
Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate
Interviews for Top Jobs at Concur