Concur Senior Software Design Engineer Interview Questions

Senior Software Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Concur in October 2014.

Interview

Initial phone call from internal recruiter focused mainly on describing the company, job offering and your goals. Also very general HR questions based on your resume. After that 5 1:1 technical interviews onsite with VP, Director and members of technical team. The interview was average, focused mainly on your skills and past projects. They dig more into how you designed and architected your project. Questions were fairly simple ranging from writing "String Reversal Program", unit and functional testing, and class designing. At the end I was told that they will let me know in few days. Got an offer in 3-4 days, earlier than I was expecting.

Interview Questions

• The interview was average, focused mainly on your skills and past projects. Questions were fairly average digging into what you have done in past, problems faced and how to handle those.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Concur

Senior Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Concur (Bellevue, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was made aware of the position by a recruiter from a staffing agency I worked with. First step in the interview process was a short (30 minute) discussion with a manager in the group I was being considered for. It was fairly technical in nature, there was some discussion about basic programming concepts and at the end I was asked a coding question. I simply had to walk the interviewer through the solution without writing any code. After my initial phone screen I was invited for an on-site interview in Bellevue. Three interviews were scheduled and they were all fairly typical coding/skill questions. Interviews were with a senior developer , the same manager I spoke with before and another manager in the group. All asked a variety of coding and SQL questions (of varying difficulty), but overall the interviews were very low stress and pleasant. After the three interviews I was told I would be let know of next steps. The last step, after passing the 1-1 interviews, was a Skype interview with the GM of the group. It was supposed to be similar in format to the 1-1 interviews I had, but due to Skype problems on my end we ended up talking on the phone. This was a fairly technical interview as well and once again I was told to walk the interviewer through a problem without writing any code. I was contacted by the internal Concur recruiter the very next day with their decision. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and because of my tight deadlines Concur moved very fast from the initial screen to their final offer. I ended up going with another place, but would strongly consider Concur again in the future.

Interview Questions

• All pretty standard interview questions (basic data structure and constructs)   Answer Question

Concur's offer was very attractive but I decided that a different company in Seattle would be a better fit for what I was looking for in a new job