Concur

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Concur in May 2014.

I was made aware of the position by a recruiter from a staffing agency I worked with. First step in the interview process was a short (30 minute) discussion with a manager in the group I was being considered for. It was fairly technical in nature, there was some discussion about basic programming concepts and at the end I was asked a coding question. I simply had to walk the interviewer through the solution without writing any code.
After my initial phone screen I was invited for an on-site interview in Bellevue. Three interviews were scheduled and they were all fairly typical coding/skill questions. Interviews were with a senior developer , the same manager I spoke with before and another manager in the group. All asked a variety of coding and SQL questions (of varying difficulty), but overall the interviews were very low stress and pleasant. After the three interviews I was told I would be let know of next steps.
The last step, after passing the 1-1 interviews, was a Skype interview with the GM of the group. It was supposed to be similar in format to the 1-1 interviews I had, but due to Skype problems on my end we ended up talking on the phone. This was a fairly technical interview as well and once again I was told to walk the interviewer through a problem without writing any code.
I was contacted by the internal Concur recruiter the very next day with their decision.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience and because of my tight deadlines Concur moved very fast from the initial screen to their final offer. I ended up going with another place, but would strongly consider Concur again in the future.

Interview Questions
  • All pretty standard interview questions (basic data structure and constructs)   Answer Question

Concur's offer was very attractive but I decided that a different company in Seattle would be a better fit for what I was looking for in a new job