Concur Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Concur Technologies in May 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews by technical and non-technical members followed by a formal personal interview at their campus.

Interview Question – XML output in SQL server.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a promotion in the current job.

Marketing Manager, Senior Interview

Marketing Manager, Senior
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Concur Technologies.

Interview Details – Initially the recruiter reached out to me and set up some time for me to talk with the hiring manager who kept the interview short but concentrated on what the role was and what I was looking for. The hiring manager was very friendly and knew what she was talking about.

Next, they called me in for a series of in-person interviews and several over the phone. This went pretty well and concentrated on what I knew about the company and specific experiences I had (e.g. examples of campaigns I've worked on, success metrics, etc.). Interviewers included immediate members of the marketing team and several c-level executives. I left feeling pretty good about the interview and fit.

About a week later I received a follow-up email from the recruiter who noted that the team wanted me in for a third round in person with more c-level types and in more of a panel interview. I was excited for this and provided him with various days and times that would work for me. After another week I didn't hear anything back so I reached out to the recruiter asking him what the status was. He followed up saying that they had decided to move forward with an internal applicant but said nothing else.

Not a great way to handle an interview. It definitely left a bad taste in my mouth regarding the company and specifically how they handle interviews.

Interview Question – What you know about the company? (followed by) What else? (this was done repeatedly until I ran out of things to share)   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Concur Technologies.

Interview Details – The interview process involved several people from my prospective dept, but matched their values of wanting to hire the most talented people and the right people to fill their positions. Communications through the process was excellent - the recruiter kept me updated along the way.

Negotiation Details – Concur has set programs and policies and offers a competitive compensation package. There is little room to negotiate, but I felt my questions and requests were heard and addressed.

Sales Interview

Sales
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Concur Technologies in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with recruiter was typical interview for sales job. Talk about your sales methodology, what's my selling style, etc. Recruiter said she'd let me know next or following day if I was moving forward. Two weeks later she finally writes back that I will go to next round and meet with 3 sales directors. A week later after some scheduling conflicts I go to the office a meet with the 1 sales director who isn't out of town that week. He's not the hiring manager, doesn't seem familiar with my resume at all. Interview was 20 minutes long. He asked me 3 questions. 1) why do I want to leave my current job, and 2) did it concern be I didn't have B2B sales experience. 3) What are your questions. Basically I spoke for about 3 of the 20 minutes and listened to him answer my questions. For real..It was so strange and uncomfortable. I had a more professional interview when i got my first job at 15.

I got an email the next day saying thanks, but no thanks, moving on with candidates with B2B experience. OKAY, so why did I was hours of my time with a phone interview, prepping for 1:1 interview, etc.? I wasn't asked a single situational question, nor any personal/professional questions about myself, or my sales background, or how I sell. That was very suprising. Interviewer didn't take any notes (nor did he even bring a pen or paper).

Interview Question – The sales director asked me 2 questions in 20 minutes. I asked 5. Lesson, don't ask more questions than your interviewer.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Concur Technologies in September 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting my application electronically, I was contacted for a phone screening. After answering a number of experience related questions, the recruiter asked what commercial product experience I had, I had B2B and B2G product experience and Concur is a B2B company. Then he asked what mobile product experience I had - none. The recruiter quickly ended the call. I had to contact him a week later to receive the rejection. Neither of these "qualifying" requirements were listed on the job description.

Interview Question – What mobile or commercial product experience do you have?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant-Revenue Interview

Staff Accountant-Revenue
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Concur Technologies in September 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting my application, I received an email from a recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. It lasted about 10 minutes.

A few days later I received an email from the same recruiter to set up a phone interview with the Senior Accountant. We went over the job description, and he wanted to get to know more about me and why I am interested in this position.

A few days after this phone interview I was invited for an on-site interview at their Bellevue location. I was provided with my interview schedule (times and with who). Shortly after receiving that email, I received another one wanting to set up one more phone interview the day before my on-site interview. The Senior Manager was unable to make the on-site interview, but at least wanted to speak with me.

Both the 3rd phone interview and on-site interviews went great I loved everyone I talked to, and really felt a connection, and could really see myself working there. I interviewed with the Accounting Director, 2 accountants on the revenue team, and the Senior Accountant I had a phone interview with.

The morning after my on-site interview, I received an email inviting me for a "final interview", with the Controller and Senior Manager (that I had a phone interview with). This interview was mostly to get to know more of my personality and see if I fit in with the team.

All the questions were pretty much the basic behavioral questions, and how my current work experience would help in this position I have applied for. I had a total of 9 interviews, 3 phone, and on-site with 6 people.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was, "If I wanted to fill this room with baseballs, how would you do it? Take me through your steps/thought process in achieving this."   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Concur Technologies in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. Recruiters were very nice and knowledgeable, but the process took weeks to complete. Even after the offer, it took weeks to complete the pre-employment verification. Quite a frustrating process.

Interview Question – Nothing really out of the ordinary in the questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Mobile Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Mobile Software Development Engineer Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Concur Technologies in April 2013.

Interview Details – Get a phone call scheduled an on-campus interview from recruiter. It's a 30 mins interview. I just had one coding question. Get the offer the day after the interview.

Interview Question – Check if a string is symmetric or not.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Redmond, WA

I interviewed at Concur Technologies in September 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone call for knowing more about you. Later a half hour technical interview which was good and more stressed on the crisis handling.Waiting for the 1:1 interview scheduled next week.

Interview Question – did not encounter any as of now.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Concur Technologies in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and recruiter contacted via mail for a phone interview. The phone interview covered general questions about my background and experience. This was followed by two other 1:1 interviews by Senior Management. The Interviews were pretty detailed and questions required presence of mind.

Interview Question – Detailed questions relating to work experience and how it would fit into my role at Concur.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Concur Technologies