Concurrent Technologies Corporation Interview Questions

2.2

Client Executive Interview

Interview

Recruiter was excellent, had personality and described follow up process well. The concerning part is that when you are advised your name will be passed on to hiring leader that is when feedback stops. People applying for a position, who do make the cut to actually speak to the recruiter deserve feedback on why they were not selected. To get an email that says we selected another candidate does nothing to allow one to grow, fill in the gaps and work to become the next best candidate.

Program Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation (Albany, GA).

Interview

There is a multiple step interview process that can take several hours. I interviewed with each of the individual Project Managers, the Deputy Program Manager, followed by an interview with the Program Manager at the end. The questions varied, but each interviewer had taken great care to review my resume and qualifications carefully beforehand. They had very in-depth questions prepared that were clearly tailored just for me and the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• The Program Manager asked somewhat personal questions that didn't pertain to the position. I was a little taken aback, but I am certain he meant no harm.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The organization had a set salary for the position based on education and years of experience that was non-negotiable. The company is non-profit, so most of their positions below management are that way.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation (Johnstown, PA).

Interview

CTC utilized a rotating panel interview using 10 minute blocks for each person. Many of the individuals were under-prepared or gave me the feeling that they had better things to do. (After working there I completely understand why) Oddly enough, the most unprofessional individual I encountered was from HR. This individual had a tattoo showing which, in my opinion, is not acceptable for a corporation of that size. The questions were very generic and did not pertain to what the job held.

Interview Questions

• Because this was an internship the questions were very generic.   Answer Question

Vice President General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation (Johnstown, PA).

Interview

Ad hoc/ad hominem-- wanted to know info that would keep me there during hiring bonus period, but would allow trhem to can me as soon as they could. Predatory, shark-like questions-- ironic for an organization that "jumped the shark" long ago. Questions from peers were like: "what can you do for ME--soon!!!!"

Interview Questions

• "How much contract revenue can you bring in on the next 90 days (correct answer is $5 million)". Implication-- "how much funded work can you steal from your present employer?"   1 Answer

Perceived CTC to be "ethically-challenged"

Interview

Hiring process was very simple. Was contacted by an existing employee I had worked with before in another capacity. I interviewed with him and his boos. My credentials/references were checked and after a week or so I received a formal offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation (Johnstown, PA).

Interview

Very easy to ace an interview at CTC because they are so low tech.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation (Arlington, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

One 30 minute interview with an executive. No follow up interviews. A headhunter found me, introduced me and checked my references.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or challenging technical or business questions. I thought this was pretty strange.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I new their ceiling pretty well going in. We got to a number and a sign-on bonus pretty quickly.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation (Johnstown, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process went fairly smoothly. I was applying for a software engineer position and thus interviewed by a group of engineers as well as the manager. The people were all very friendly and casual, yet sharp and professional. I was asked a few programming theory questions such as recursion, hash tables, database optimizations.

Interview Questions

• Printing a tree structure in reverse order.   Answer Question
    • General questions regarding database optimizations, load balancing, etc.   Answer Question

I had another job offer with a higher pay

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation (Johnstown, PA) in August 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was not what you would expect from a company this large. Very sub par. The hiring manager was the person i ended up working for. Not a lot of experience with interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk with people and work with difficult subordinates   Answer Question

Negotiation

take it or leave it

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation in July 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was smooth and efficient.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for salary.