Concurrent Technologies Corporation

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.2

Client Executive Interview

Recruiter was excellent, had personality and described follow up process well. The concerning part is that when you are advised your name will be passed on to hiring leader that is when feedback stops. People applying for a position, who do make the cut to actually speak to the recruiter deserve feedback on why they were not selected. To get an email that says we selected another candidate does nothing to allow one to grow, fill in the gaps and work to become the next best candidate.

Program Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation.

There is a multiple step interview process that can take several hours. I interviewed with each of the individual Project Managers, the Deputy Program Manager, followed by an interview with the Program Manager at the end. The questions varied, but each interviewer had taken great care to review my resume and qualifications carefully beforehand. They had very in-depth questions prepared that were clearly tailored just for me and the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • The Program Manager asked somewhat personal questions that didn't pertain to the position. I was a little taken aback, but I am certain he meant no harm.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The organization had a set salary for the position based on education and years of experience that was non-negotiable. The company is non-profit, so most of their positions below management are that way.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation.

CTC utilized a rotating panel interview using 10 minute blocks for each person. Many of the individuals were under-prepared or gave me the feeling that they had better things to do. (After working there I completely understand why) Oddly enough, the most unprofessional individual I encountered was from HR. This individual had a tattoo showing which, in my opinion, is not acceptable for a corporation of that size. The questions were very generic and did not pertain to what the job held.

Interview Questions
    • Because this was an internship the questions were very generic.   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation.

- Phone interview with Agent
    - Phone interview with Concur recruiter
    - Initial interview with Sales Director
    - Panel interview (with Sales Director, Marketing Director, Lead Salesman...
    - Phone interview with head of Solutions Consulting WW

Interview Questions
    • None. Good questions, engaging discussion and options.   Answer Question
    Took a long time. Mostly admin.

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation.

The interview was a while ago but I remember it being quick and efficient. They had found my resume online and sent an email, scheduled an HR call, scheduled a one on one interview then a follow up phone call with leadership (not local) There were some minor negotiations to follow.

Phone calls back and forth.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation in August 2010.

Hiring process was not what you would expect from a company this large. Very sub par. The hiring manager was the person i ended up working for. Not a lot of experience with interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Can you talk with people and work with difficult subordinates   Answer Question
    take it or leave it

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation in July 2010.

Hiring process was smooth and efficient.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for salary.

Principal Engineer Interview

Very easy process. 2 phone interviews and 1 day face to face with 4 different people. They dont seem to have a good grip on what they are doing so they dont really know how to evaluate talent. Easy process.

Vice President General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation.

Ad hoc/ad hominem-- wanted to know info that would keep me there during hiring bonus period, but would allow trhem to can me as soon as they could. Predatory, shark-like questions-- ironic for an organization that "jumped the shark" long ago. Questions from peers were like: "what can you do for ME--soon!!!!"

Interview Questions
    • "How much contract revenue can you bring in on the next 90 days (correct answer is $5 million)". Implication-- "how much funded work can you steal from your present employer?"   View Answer

Perceived CTC to be "ethically-challenged"

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Concurrent Technologies Corporation in August 2011.

One 30 minute interview with an executive. No follow up interviews. A headhunter found me, introduced me and checked my references.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or challenging technical or business questions. I thought this was pretty strange.   View Answer
    I new their ceiling pretty well going in. We got to a number and a sign-on bonus pretty quickly.