Condé Nast Analyst Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in August 2011.

Found the job via my university's job board and applied directly to the alum who had posted the posting. The next day, HR reached out to me to set up a meeting with the alum (who was high up in the department). When I came in for the interview, I met with the HR director, then the alum, then the person who would be my direct supervisor. I followed up that night with an email and heard back the next day. I submitted Excel spreadsheets and my transcripts to them.

I was brought in at the end of the week to meet with the Executive Director, which went very well. At this point all the interviews went well and they had told me specifically that even though I did not have strong experience as an analyst.

The next week, I met with the VP of the department. Speaking with the VP on the phone, I realized that he seemed to be tough. The alum called me the day before the interview to prep me and warned that he would be "thourough" and I should be confident. It was the final interview and I was warned it would take an hour at most.

The interview with the VP took 2 hours and included a long skills test. He was condescending and just as scary as the alum warned me about. He seemed to have various personalities during the interview, going from nice to scary to condescending to etc. It was pretty rough. At the end of the interview he told me that I was not a good fit with the department and told me that I would be fine. Offered to recommend me to positions in the company in which I would have a better fit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Condé Nast

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in August 2010.

They move very slowly, so be patient!

I was contacted about 3 weeks after applying online. I met with the HR manager first. That interview was easy, very standard questions.

The second, in person interview was also not bad, though I think the job description online and what they actually wanted (after talking to the manager of the department) were very different. I probably would not have applied for the job.

The recruiter didn't call to make me an offer until 2 1/2 weeks after the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • standard questions - what do you do to prepare for interviews/requirements sessions with users?   Answer Question

I declined because I found a better offer elsewhere.

Worked for Condé Nast? Contribute to the Community!