Condé Nast Editorial Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

Very formal, everything went through HR. Multiple forms to fill out, writing samples required. 4 separate rounds of interviews with different officers. Scheduling was a bit of a problem as they would often ask if I could meet during times I had already listed as unavailable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Tried for a higher salary and was told the base pay was company policy across the board. Assistants do more work than many editors in a work day and work many more hours.

Other Interview Reviews for Condé Nast

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I was invited to a general recruiting session for post-graduates. Many other job-seekers were former interns like myself, though a few had been invited because of resume submissions. It was essentially a cattle-call and the interviewer I had treated me like I wasn't worth his time. He asked if I still spoke with my former employers (of course, I had) and why I hadn't reached out to them for job recs (again, I had). None of my answers were impressive to him and he rarely even looked me in the eye. He was rude and honestly makes me want to turn my back on the company every time I consider applying for a position.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you just freelance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Condé Nast (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Really laid back, conversation based. No technical questions, just getting a feel for the company and the interviewee

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

interviewed with HR and then editor

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Condé Nast (London, England (UK)) in March 2009.

Interview

i went in to talk to one of the editors after getting a call and they automatically made an offer. they were really nice and polite. very straight forward

Interview Questions

• what do you like about fashion?   1 Answer