Condé Nast

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview Details – Very to the point, no time wasted, edit test given (editorial department)

Interview Question – Do you know how to tweet?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I interviewed at Condé Nast in June 2010.

Interview Details – Met three folks. hiring manager and one other manager from marketing and a director. Great people. hiring manager asked technical questions. others were gauging personality and presence of mind

Interview Question – I didnt have any issues with any of the questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview Details – straight-forward phone interview, decision took about 3 weeks

Interview Question – why conde nast?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview Details – I applied online by sending a direct email. I was contacted the next day for an interview and was hired within a week. The process was smooth and easy.

Interview Question – Your past experience doesn't show that you have the skill for this position. Why are you interested in something like this?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview Details – Applied by sending in my resume and cover letter online. A lot of people get their internship through connects but I just sent mine in on a whim and got offered an interview so don't feel discouraged!

If selected, there is only one interview, which you are given the option to do over Skype or in person. They" highly recommend" you go in person so I did, however I met people who received an offer through Skype so either way could work.

When you apply you're applying to Conde Nast as a whole, but during your actual interview you are asked what your favorite brands are which could sway their decision on where they place you.

The interview is not tricky rather it's very standard. They ask you about what you've done in school and your former work. It's really important to give them everything you want them to know about yourself because they leave it up to you to fill them in. My interviewer was very friendly and it was more so conversational. However, before your interview you wait in a giant room with chairs in a circle so you can stare at everyone about to be interviewed which is naturally very uncomfortable.

I was dressed way more casual than most which scared me a lot, but after accepting a position I learned that the dress code is pretty casual due to the company's fashion-forward environment.

Interview Question – "Why Conde Nast?" it sounds standard but there really weren't too many out of the box questions. I think that you have to choose carefully how you answer this. Most people interviewing worship the company so you have to go beyond telling them why you like it to make it personal and honest.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Condé Nast in January 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted application online in December, was interviewed in New York in January, followed up in March and received offer beginning of April.

Interview Question – Where do you see the magazine publishing industry going in the next few years? What are the distinguishing features of your favorite Conde Nast magazines?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview Details – The interview was for a position as a marketing & public relations intern at one of the Conde Nast publications. The interview was fairly informal, taking place with a director and another employee. I was asked about my resume, my thoughts on the industry, and my view of social media. I demonstrated competence in these areas and was offered the position of intern.

Interview Question – reviewed resume   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I interviewed at Condé Nast in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very short interview (it was about 20 min) so there are a lot of snap judgement. They care a lot about the way you dress. I mean let's be honest, it is conde nast. Unless you are applying to Wired, you need to be a fashionable person.
Interview questions were very standard. Nothing too hard. I already had a paying offer at the time so i didn't prepare as well as I wanted for the interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in media/publishing industry? Why Conde Nast?   Answer Question

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Condé Nast in December 2012.

Interview Details – You definitely need to dress fashionably, but professionally. They make snap judgments on you based on what you're wearing, so come prepared.
They ask you about your work ethic and what your past experience looks like. They interview a lot of people, so it's important to impress them with your eloquence and kind but firm manner. Mainly, they ask you to sell yourself. Make sure to send a card-- not a hallmark card, but a nice, unique boutique-style card (because they do receive a lot of products with cards in beautiful packaging, so in order to stand out you should get pretty stationary. Keep it brief, but enchanting.

Interview Question – What's your favorite magazine and fashion designers (not brands- designers). This can be tricky, because most people only know the name of the brand, not the designer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Condé Nast in February 2012.

Interview Details – applied online through condenastcareers.com in december/january of 2011/12
was notified that i received an interview in mid-late january, scheduled it easily for mid feb
met with one of the hr managers, she was very, very nice and easygoing
we had more of a conversation than anything else, she asked about school and extracurriculars, asked me to expand upon my resume and explain items listed

Interview Question – questions were all very straightforward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i did not negotiate- internship was exactly what i wanted. the toughest part was figuring out how and when to follow up - they are very picky about it, and I had to wait until May to receive any news. My HR rep did respond to my emails, though!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Condé Nast

Worked for Condé Nast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Condé Nast Intern interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Condé Nast employees and interview candidates.