Condé Nast Interview Questions & Reviews

91 interviews

2.6

Art Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in June 2014.

I applied online through the Conde Nast careers site and was contacted the same day by HR to set up an interview. On the day of my interview I met with HR as well as the person that would be my direct supervisor, interview lasted one hour.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty standard interview questions, there weren't any truly unexpected questions. There was an emphasis on professionalism and being able to handle speaking with upper management within the company in an intelligent and professional way, and asking if I would be comfortable with that.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in March 2014.

I applied online and HR contacted me 3 days later for preliminary phone chat. Following week asked in for 1:1 interview with HR and VP. The process was pleasant, however I felt like each individual was trying to persuade me out of my interest in the role.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were thoughtful, however I was constantly told how challenging a workplace CN is...how difficult it was to work there. So, most questions revolved around how I handle difficult situations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Condé Nast in March 2013.

I received this interview through mutual connections. It was a pretty straightforward interview, although I was surprised to meet two more team members in addition to the one I was in communication with. I was asked general questions regarding my education and experience, nothing new. Obviously, I was asked about my knowledge about the publication as well-- so do your research!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about if I could name an editor who could best fit the aesthetic of the magazine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2014.

Sent my resume to the Director at the Magazine, who sent it to the HR person.

I scheduled the interview with the HR person, who not only rescheduled for another week but apparently changed the decision date to mid summer.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all very basic questions   View Answer

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2014.

Got an email to set up phone interview with HR Recruiter, had an in person interview next week, and a second in person interview the following week

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Very to the point, no time wasted, edit test given (editorial department)

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2013.

Applied via a job site, was contacted by email, and set up an interview with the person who would be my supervisor. Never met with anyone senior at the time. People were friendly, even though I don't think it's the sort of place that makes everyone feel comfortable. They mostly asked questions related to the job.

Interview Questions
    • They were pretty straightforward, no curve balls. Going in honest was the best choice.   Answer Question
    Should have tried.

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Was contacted by human resources directly. Met with the recruiter the following week and that day was introduced to three sales directors I would be supporting.

Interview Questions
    You take what they offer and you'll like it.

Contractor and Full Time Work Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Standard questions: Tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, Behavioral interview questions as well. The job description presented was extremely vague which gave me the impression that there would be a lot more work involved than was being explained. Though I think this kind of freedom could be a good thing, my take was that in this case it would not be a good thing! They also wanted salary history. Hiring seemed to be mostly based on whether or not they like a person.

Interview Questions
    • They did not use business cases but I was asked for examples of my work ethic and successes for each job on my resume. Very aggressive interviewing style in general.   Answer Question

It was a rushed and unclear, process and they made a low offer compared to others I received. Seemed as though they thought I should be jumping at the chance (which perhaps others do, which is why they may be comfortable with that approach). I've learned from the past how important liking the work environment and culture can be. The treatment during recruitment was a warning.

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in October 2010.

Saw ad on craigslist and sent a resume and cover letter to the hiring manager via e-mail in mid-October. I was selected as a short-list candidate a few days after sending the resume and asked to complete an editing test within a few days, turning a poorly written passage into a finished piece suitable for publication. I sent the edited submission by the deadline. The process was delayed several times until I finally learned that I didn't get the job about 3 1/2 weeks later. The delays were frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • The editing test was a challenge because I was required to edit for syntax and style without losing the writer's personality. It's tricky making a judgement call about how much editing is too much or not enough. It would have been helpful to be more familiar with the publication. Although I had read articles from Ars Technica from time to time, it was't something I read regularly. The timing of the test was also tricky because it had to be completed during the week and I had a full-time job.   Answer Question

Worked for Condé Nast? Contribute to the Community!