Condé Nast Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.6

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast.

Several meetings and conversations during the interview process for an entry level position - staff was really friendly and answered questions / seemed like a great working environment for an entry level position / office was beautiful and seemed like a positive team / lots of people my age on the team

Interview Questions
    • How would I feel working for a job share?   View Answer

It was freelance so no benefits, which is not what was originally presented

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Condé Nast in September 2014.

I applied through Craigslist and was contacted by a talent acquisition manager within a day or two. We set up a day and time for me to come in and meet for the initial screening. This lasted 30 min. or so and mostly revolved around my background, the position itself, salary range, etc. Very cordial and friendly. She set up a phone interview with the Sr. Technology Manager to take place a couple of days later.

Phone interview went well. I expected it to be more of the same regarding background and the position, which a portion of it was, but the brunt turned into a lot of textbook JavaScript questions—nothing too crazy, but enough to show whether you had a grasp of the basics—as well as thoughts on various dev practices. It was great in that it sparked additional conversation giving more of a sense of ability. After this I was contacted again by the talent acquisition manager and was asked to put my info into the Condé Nast career system and she set up an in-person interview with the Sr. Technology Manager, Sr. Software Engineer and Director of Product Management the following week.

Again, everyone was very friendly and it wasn't a high-stress situation. The Software Engineer quizzed me on JS, CSS and HTML. Most questions were text-book type of questions but there were a few situational questions to see how you'd approach solving a problem. The Sr. Tech Manager and I followed up on our phone conversation and talked about the quizzing from the Software Engineer. The Director of Product Management and I talked a bit about Analytics, Dev Ops, and other things. Overall, things went well. I made a couple of stupid syntax mistakes when doing the JS quiz but not enough to really be a deal-breaker.

Heard back a couple of days later from the Talent Acquisition Manager that they were going forward with a other candidates—they were looking for someone who had more of dev ops and analytics background in addition to be being a front-end coder.

All in all, a very straight-forward interview process. No dragging things out. No flakiness. Nice folks. I'd apply again if something more in line with my skillset came up.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a question but when Analytics and Dev Ops experience came up, that was a bit unexpected as it wasn't really mentioned in the job description or by the interviewers.   Answer Question

Art Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast in June 2014.

I applied online through the Conde Nast careers site and was contacted the same day by HR to set up an interview. On the day of my interview I met with HR as well as the person that would be my direct supervisor, interview lasted one hour.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty standard interview questions, there weren't any truly unexpected questions. There was an emphasis on professionalism and being able to handle speaking with upper management within the company in an intelligent and professional way, and asking if I would be comfortable with that.   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast in April 2014.

Got an email to set up phone interview with HR Recruiter, had an in person interview next week, and a second in person interview the following week

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast in April 2014.

Sent my resume to the Director at the Magazine, who sent it to the HR person.

I scheduled the interview with the HR person, who not only rescheduled for another week but apparently changed the decision date to mid summer.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all very basic questions   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Condé Nast.

Very to the point, no time wasted, edit test given (editorial department)

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Condé Nast.

Was contacted by human resources directly. Met with the recruiter the following week and that day was introduced to three sales directors I would be supporting.

Interview Questions
    You take what they offer and you'll like it.

Contractor and Full Time Work Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Condé Nast.

Standard questions: Tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, Behavioral interview questions as well. The job description presented was extremely vague which gave me the impression that there would be a lot more work involved than was being explained. Though I think this kind of freedom could be a good thing, my take was that in this case it would not be a good thing! They also wanted salary history. Hiring seemed to be mostly based on whether or not they like a person.

Interview Questions
    • They did not use business cases but I was asked for examples of my work ethic and successes for each job on my resume. Very aggressive interviewing style in general.   Answer Question

It was a rushed and unclear, process and they made a low offer compared to others I received. Seemed as though they thought I should be jumping at the chance (which perhaps others do, which is why they may be comfortable with that approach). I've learned from the past how important liking the work environment and culture can be. The treatment during recruitment was a warning.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast in March 2014.

I applied online and HR contacted me 3 days later for preliminary phone chat. Following week asked in for 1:1 interview with HR and VP. The process was pleasant, however I felt like each individual was trying to persuade me out of my interest in the role.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were thoughtful, however I was constantly told how challenging a workplace CN is...how difficult it was to work there. So, most questions revolved around how I handle difficult situations.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Condé Nast.

Was contacted for a phone interivew. Told to follow up if I didnt hear back by the following Friday. Reached out numerous times via email and was never contacted back.