Condé Nast

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.6

Summer Internship - Editorial Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast.

I applied online following the instruction on their website for the internship program. I received an email about a month later asking me to come into the office for an interview the next day, so i didnt have much time to prepare. The interviewer was extremely friendly and made me feel very comfortable. I felt more like we were just having a conversation, which was a nice change of pace. The interview was about 45 minutes-an hour. Three weeks later i received an email telling me that i had been selected for the intern program.

Interview Questions
    • Name a difficult situation you were in and how you handled it   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Condé Nast.

interviewed with HR and then editor

Designer Interview

it was very quick and casual, only one interview with one manager

did not negotiate

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Condé Nast.

Be prepared to be treated with disrespect. It is very apparent that they don't value your time. I waited 30 minutes for a 30 minute interview, in which the hiring manager answered her phone three times.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast.

straight-forward phone interview, decision took about 3 weeks

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Condé Nast.

Was contacted by human resources directly. Met with the recruiter the following week and that day was introduced to three sales directors I would be supporting.

Interview Questions
    You take what they offer and you'll like it.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast in April 2014.

Sent my resume to the Director at the Magazine, who sent it to the HR person.

I scheduled the interview with the HR person, who not only rescheduled for another week but apparently changed the decision date to mid summer.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all very basic questions   View Answer

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast in March 2013.

Applied on my school career website. Interview was very straight forward - one round with HR, one round with direct supervisor, one round with AP. Questions were very typical - what I did in the past, what I want to do in the future... made sure that I knew what I am getting myself into, and also made sure that I had the necessary skills to survive this role (in my case, advanced excel).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. It's all about whether they like you and if they think you can / willing to do the job.   Answer Question
    ALWAYS negotiate. I made the mistake of not negotiating but I was able to negotiate later on after a couple months in.

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Condé Nast in August 2012.

Simple phone interview

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast.

Initial contact was a cold phone call from HR. They set up 2 telephone interviews that were more like oral exams. However, being skilled in the field I was able to do well. When HR asked my salary requirements, I told them between 90 - 100K annually. After my face to face interview, HR called me 1 hour later advising me I had been selected. However, my salary requirement was out the window the offer was 77K, I countered with 85K. They countered with 77K. I have kids to educate and feed, etc. and at the time I had just completed a contract. Really had no choice, I had to accept

Interview Questions
    • Questions specific to PMBOK. Like I said above it was almost like an exam.   Answer Question