Condé Nast Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.6

Media Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Conde Nast are very old fashioned, I applied for the position, as requested, via mail. I was soon written back to with an offer for an interview, which had to be confirmed over the phone. The interview was in the afternoon, in Vogue House, just off of Oxford st. We made to fill out a phone whilst waiting then taken into a board room (a group of around 11 of us) where we were given a presentation on the company and the role of the Media Sales Executive. We were the given a test to complete (the test wasn't hard, mostly a personality test then a few questions where you had to find the next answer in the sequence along with some questions about yourself). Whilst taking the test we were taken one by one into a side room for the shortest interview on earth. I was ushered into the room, looked up and down (I dressed more business than fashion, hoping to show that I was serious and not just there to live out my The Hills/City/Ugly Betty fantasy but I think that this backfired and the lady lost interest in me) She picked up my application form and CV went as though she had meant to look through it but couldn't be bothered put them down and asked me why I wanted to work for Conde Nast, Where else I had applied to, and where I saw myself career wise in 5 years time ("don't just say a job describe your position"). I am usually good at interviews but was cut off and talked over despite keeping my answers concise. The interview lasted less than two minutes and I was lead back into the room to finish my test. I was rejected in writing. I believe that there would have been another interview the week after, had I been accepted.

Art Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in June 2014.

I applied online through the Conde Nast careers site and was contacted the same day by HR to set up an interview. On the day of my interview I met with HR as well as the person that would be my direct supervisor, interview lasted one hour.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty standard interview questions, there weren't any truly unexpected questions. There was an emphasis on professionalism and being able to handle speaking with upper management within the company in an intelligent and professional way, and asking if I would be comfortable with that.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in March 2014.

I applied online and HR contacted me 3 days later for preliminary phone chat. Following week asked in for 1:1 interview with HR and VP. The process was pleasant, however I felt like each individual was trying to persuade me out of my interest in the role.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were thoughtful, however I was constantly told how challenging a workplace CN is...how difficult it was to work there. So, most questions revolved around how I handle difficult situations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Condé Nast in March 2013.

I received this interview through mutual connections. It was a pretty straightforward interview, although I was surprised to meet two more team members in addition to the one I was in communication with. I was asked general questions regarding my education and experience, nothing new. Obviously, I was asked about my knowledge about the publication as well-- so do your research!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about if I could name an editor who could best fit the aesthetic of the magazine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2014.

Sent my resume to the Director at the Magazine, who sent it to the HR person.

I scheduled the interview with the HR person, who not only rescheduled for another week but apparently changed the decision date to mid summer.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all very basic questions   View Answer

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2014.

Got an email to set up phone interview with HR Recruiter, had an in person interview next week, and a second in person interview the following week

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Very to the point, no time wasted, edit test given (editorial department)

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2013.

Applied via a job site, was contacted by email, and set up an interview with the person who would be my supervisor. Never met with anyone senior at the time. People were friendly, even though I don't think it's the sort of place that makes everyone feel comfortable. They mostly asked questions related to the job.

Interview Questions
    • They were pretty straightforward, no curve balls. Going in honest was the best choice.   Answer Question
    Should have tried.

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Was contacted by human resources directly. Met with the recruiter the following week and that day was introduced to three sales directors I would be supporting.

Interview Questions
    You take what they offer and you'll like it.

Contractor and Full Time Work Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Standard questions: Tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, Behavioral interview questions as well. The job description presented was extremely vague which gave me the impression that there would be a lot more work involved than was being explained. Though I think this kind of freedom could be a good thing, my take was that in this case it would not be a good thing! They also wanted salary history. Hiring seemed to be mostly based on whether or not they like a person.

Interview Questions
    • They did not use business cases but I was asked for examples of my work ethic and successes for each job on my resume. Very aggressive interviewing style in general.   Answer Question

It was a rushed and unclear, process and they made a low offer compared to others I received. Seemed as though they thought I should be jumping at the chance (which perhaps others do, which is why they may be comfortable with that approach). I've learned from the past how important liking the work environment and culture can be. The treatment during recruitment was a warning.

Worked for Condé Nast? Contribute to the Community!