Condé Nast

Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.6

Contractor and Full Time Work Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Condé Nast.

Standard questions: Tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, Behavioral interview questions as well. The job description presented was extremely vague which gave me the impression that there would be a lot more work involved than was being explained. Though I think this kind of freedom could be a good thing, my take was that in this case it would not be a good thing! They also wanted salary history. Hiring seemed to be mostly based on whether or not they like a person.

Interview Questions
    • They did not use business cases but I was asked for examples of my work ethic and successes for each job on my resume. Very aggressive interviewing style in general.   Answer Question

It was a rushed and unclear, process and they made a low offer compared to others I received. Seemed as though they thought I should be jumping at the chance (which perhaps others do, which is why they may be comfortable with that approach). I've learned from the past how important liking the work environment and culture can be. The treatment during recruitment was a warning.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast in March 2014.

I applied online and HR contacted me 3 days later for preliminary phone chat. Following week asked in for 1:1 interview with HR and VP. The process was pleasant, however I felt like each individual was trying to persuade me out of my interest in the role.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were thoughtful, however I was constantly told how challenging a workplace CN is...how difficult it was to work there. So, most questions revolved around how I handle difficult situations.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Condé Nast.

Was contacted for a phone interivew. Told to follow up if I didnt hear back by the following Friday. Reached out numerous times via email and was never contacted back.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast.

straight-forward phone interview, decision took about 3 weeks

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Condé Nast in January 2014.

I was contacted by their in house recruiting team. I had a phone interview and also interviewed with their team. It was very hard to get a hold of their internal recruiter. You were the one who had to chase after him to get the interview feedback. After the second 1:1 interview recruiter never followed up with me, and I did not feel like chasing after him neither for the interview feedback.

Interview Questions
    • What is a difference between JUnit 3 and 4   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Condé Nast.

I applied online by sending a direct email. I was contacted the next day for an interview and was hired within a week. The process was smooth and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Your past experience doesn't show that you have the skill for this position. Why are you interested in something like this?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Condé Nast.

Applied by sending in my resume and cover letter online. A lot of people get their internship through connects but I just sent mine in on a whim and got offered an interview so don't feel discouraged!

If selected, there is only one interview, which you are given the option to do over Skype or in person. They" highly recommend" you go in person so I did, however I met people who received an offer through Skype so either way could work.

When you apply you're applying to Conde Nast as a whole, but during your actual interview you are asked what your favorite brands are which could sway their decision on where they place you.

The interview is not tricky rather it's very standard. They ask you about what you've done in school and your former work. It's really important to give them everything you want them to know about yourself because they leave it up to you to fill them in. My interviewer was very friendly and it was more so conversational. However, before your interview you wait in a giant room with chairs in a circle so you can stare at everyone about to be interviewed which is naturally very uncomfortable.

I was dressed way more casual than most which scared me a lot, but after accepting a position I learned that the dress code is pretty casual due to the company's fashion-forward environment.

Interview Questions
    • "Why Conde Nast?" it sounds standard but there really weren't too many out of the box questions. I think that you have to choose carefully how you answer this. Most people interviewing worship the company so you have to go beyond telling them why you like it to make it personal and honest.   Answer Question

Circulation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Condé Nast.

I had two interviews in the same day. The first interviewer (who held a more senior role) liked me for the job and sent me over to a supervisor of the department, who then told me I was overqualified and wouldn't last.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. I was merely shocked at the quick judgement and assumptions based mostly on my educational background.   Answer Question

Ad Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast in November 2013.

First there was a phone interview that went well with HR. They were asking very basic questions and wanted to go over my resume to make sure everything was correct

I then went in for an in-person interview with 3 different people, and each of them basically asked the same questions.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Condé Nast.

Be prepared to be treated with disrespect. It is very apparent that they don't value your time. I waited 30 minutes for a 30 minute interview, in which the hiring manager answered her phone three times.