Condé Nast Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.6

Ad Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast in November 2013.

First there was a phone interview that went well with HR. They were asking very basic questions and wanted to go over my resume to make sure everything was correct

I then went in for an in-person interview with 3 different people, and each of them basically asked the same questions.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Condé Nast.

Be prepared to be treated with disrespect. It is very apparent that they don't value your time. I waited 30 minutes for a 30 minute interview, in which the hiring manager answered her phone three times.

Designer Interview

it was very quick and casual, only one interview with one manager

did not negotiate

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Condé Nast.

The interview was for a position as a marketing & public relations intern at one of the Conde Nast publications. The interview was fairly informal, taking place with a director and another employee. I was asked about my resume, my thoughts on the industry, and my view of social media. I demonstrated competence in these areas and was offered the position of intern.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast.

I was initially contacted by an Associate Talent Partner to schedule an interview. Then I arrived at the office in Times Square to speak with the same woman who set up the interview. She was incredibly friendly and we really hit it off. We spoke for about 15 minutes or so, and then she wanted me to speak with the Talent Parter in charge of the position. I met with her and it couldn't have been a more different experience than I had with the Associate Talent Partner. This woman was cold, unapologetic and brash. As someone who is supposed to serve as the face of the company for future employees, she did a very poor job of making me want to work for Conde Nast. She told me at the end of the interview that she felt I was better suited for another position they had open but that the hiring manager was not present. She told me to keep in touch and that she'd pass on my info to that hiring manager. I've followed-up multiple times, never to hear a thing from anyone. Even the initial Associate Talent Partner is ignoring my communications. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • I was never really asked any difficult questions - the Associate Talent Partner basically just went through the basics. The Talent Partner seemed so uninterested that she didn't bother asking anything challenging.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Condé Nast in May 2013.

I was invited to a general recruiting session for post-graduates. Many other job-seekers were former interns like myself, though a few had been invited because of resume submissions. It was essentially a cattle-call and the interviewer I had treated me like I wasn't worth his time. He asked if I still spoke with my former employers (of course, I had) and why I hadn't reached out to them for job recs (again, I had). None of my answers were impressive to him and he rarely even looked me in the eye. He was rude and honestly makes me want to turn my back on the company every time I consider applying for a position.

Fashion Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast.

I arrived at the interview meeting and my supervisor-to-be and I sat at an open lounge area where other people were passing by. I started explaining my CV and giving details about what I do as well as asked her whether she wanted to see my portfolio to which she never responded (and never got to see). I have to add that when I contacted through email I had sent her a link to my work but it never got discussed. I then answered all her question, made some of my own and then she told me that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • probably when she asked me what I disliked about the company cos i felt weird answering it. not really unexpected though   View Answer
    It happened instantly

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast in April 2013.

Applied via a job site, was contacted by email, and set up an interview with the person who would be my supervisor. Never met with anyone senior at the time. People were friendly, even though I don't think it's the sort of place that makes everyone feel comfortable. They mostly asked questions related to the job.

Interview Questions
    • They were pretty straightforward, no curve balls. Going in honest was the best choice.   Answer Question
    Should have tried.

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast in March 2013.

Applied on my school career website. Interview was very straight forward - one round with HR, one round with direct supervisor, one round with AP. Questions were very typical - what I did in the past, what I want to do in the future... made sure that I knew what I am getting myself into, and also made sure that I had the necessary skills to survive this role (in my case, advanced excel).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. It's all about whether they like you and if they think you can / willing to do the job.   Answer Question
    ALWAYS negotiate. I made the mistake of not negotiating but I was able to negotiate later on after a couple months in.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Condé Nast in March 2013.

I received this interview through mutual connections. It was a pretty straightforward interview, although I was surprised to meet two more team members in addition to the one I was in communication with. I was asked general questions regarding my education and experience, nothing new. Obviously, I was asked about my knowledge about the publication as well-- so do your research!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about if I could name an editor who could best fit the aesthetic of the magazine.   Answer Question