Condé Nast Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.7

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by their in house recruiting team. I had a phone interview and also interviewed with their team. It was very hard to get a hold of their internal recruiter. You were the one who had to chase after him to get the interview feedback. After the second 1:1 interview recruiter never followed up with me, and I did not feel like chasing after him neither for the interview feedback.

Interview Questions

• What is a difference between JUnit 3 and 4   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

I applied online by sending a direct email. I was contacted the next day for an interview and was hired within a week. The process was smooth and easy.

Interview Questions

• Your past experience doesn't show that you have the skill for this position. Why are you interested in something like this?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

Applied by sending in my resume and cover letter online. A lot of people get their internship through connects but I just sent mine in on a whim and got offered an interview so don't feel discouraged!

If selected, there is only one interview, which you are given the option to do over Skype or in person. They" highly recommend" you go in person so I did, however I met people who received an offer through Skype so either way could work.

When you apply you're applying to Conde Nast as a whole, but during your actual interview you are asked what your favorite brands are which could sway their decision on where they place you.

The interview is not tricky rather it's very standard. They ask you about what you've done in school and your former work. It's really important to give them everything you want them to know about yourself because they leave it up to you to fill them in. My interviewer was very friendly and it was more so conversational. However, before your interview you wait in a giant room with chairs in a circle so you can stare at everyone about to be interviewed which is naturally very uncomfortable.

I was dressed way more casual than most which scared me a lot, but after accepting a position I learned that the dress code is pretty casual due to the company's fashion-forward environment.

Interview Questions

• "Why Conde Nast?" it sounds standard but there really weren't too many out of the box questions. I think that you have to choose carefully how you answer this. Most people interviewing worship the company so you have to go beyond telling them why you like it to make it personal and honest.   Answer Question

Circulation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

I had two interviews in the same day. The first interviewer (who held a more senior role) liked me for the job and sent me over to a supervisor of the department, who then told me I was overqualified and wouldn't last.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. I was merely shocked at the quick judgement and assumptions based mostly on my educational background.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast in November 2013.

Interview

First there was a phone interview that went well with HR. They were asking very basic questions and wanted to go over my resume to make sure everything was correct

I then went in for an in-person interview with 3 different people, and each of them basically asked the same questions.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

Be prepared to be treated with disrespect. It is very apparent that they don't value your time. I waited 30 minutes for a 30 minute interview, in which the hiring manager answered her phone three times.

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Was asked a bunch of questions about my background, he was very friendly and loved my work so it wasn't as intimidating as I thought it would be. Don't get caught up in how cool the people or office looks, you won't win them over by being nervous because of that. Definitely dress your best and own it, but don't be cocky. I had to explain my work so be prepared for that. Be sure to know about fashion and the industry you are reviewing for b/c you won't be happy there unless you have an inherent interest, some people really live and breath this stuff.

Interview Questions

• Who is an artist that influences you now?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Interview

it was very quick and casual, only one interview with one manager

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was for a position as a marketing & public relations intern at one of the Conde Nast publications. The interview was fairly informal, taking place with a director and another employee. I was asked about my resume, my thoughts on the industry, and my view of social media. I demonstrated competence in these areas and was offered the position of intern.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

I was initially contacted by an Associate Talent Partner to schedule an interview. Then I arrived at the office in Times Square to speak with the same woman who set up the interview. She was incredibly friendly and we really hit it off. We spoke for about 15 minutes or so, and then she wanted me to speak with the Talent Parter in charge of the position. I met with her and it couldn't have been a more different experience than I had with the Associate Talent Partner. This woman was cold, unapologetic and brash. As someone who is supposed to serve as the face of the company for future employees, she did a very poor job of making me want to work for Conde Nast. She told me at the end of the interview that she felt I was better suited for another position they had open but that the hiring manager was not present. She told me to keep in touch and that she'd pass on my info to that hiring manager. I've followed-up multiple times, never to hear a thing from anyone. Even the initial Associate Talent Partner is ignoring my communications. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I was never really asked any difficult questions - the Associate Talent Partner basically just went through the basics. The Talent Partner seemed so uninterested that she didn't bother asking anything challenging.   Answer Question