Condé Nast Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.7

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interivew. Told to follow up if I didnt hear back by the following Friday. Reached out numerous times via email and was never contacted back.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

straight-forward phone interview, decision took about 3 weeks

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by their in house recruiting team. I had a phone interview and also interviewed with their team. It was very hard to get a hold of their internal recruiter. You were the one who had to chase after him to get the interview feedback. After the second 1:1 interview recruiter never followed up with me, and I did not feel like chasing after him neither for the interview feedback.

Interview Questions

• What is a difference between JUnit 3 and 4   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

I applied online by sending a direct email. I was contacted the next day for an interview and was hired within a week. The process was smooth and easy.

Interview Questions

• Your past experience doesn't show that you have the skill for this position. Why are you interested in something like this?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

Applied by sending in my resume and cover letter online. A lot of people get their internship through connects but I just sent mine in on a whim and got offered an interview so don't feel discouraged! If selected, there is only one interview, which you are given the option to do over Skype or in person. They" highly recommend" you go in person so I did, however I met people who received an offer through Skype so either way could work. When you apply you're applying to Conde Nast as a whole, but during your actual interview you are asked what your favorite brands are which could sway their decision on where they place you. The interview is not tricky rather it's very standard. They ask you about what you've done in school and your former work. It's really important to give them everything you want them to know about yourself because they leave it up to you to fill them in. My interviewer was very friendly and it was more so conversational. However, before your interview you wait in a giant room with chairs in a circle so you can stare at everyone about to be interviewed which is naturally very uncomfortable. I was dressed way more casual than most which scared me a lot, but after accepting a position I learned that the dress code is pretty casual due to the company's fashion-forward environment.

Interview Questions

• "Why Conde Nast?" it sounds standard but there really weren't too many out of the box questions. I think that you have to choose carefully how you answer this. Most people interviewing worship the company so you have to go beyond telling them why you like it to make it personal and honest.   Answer Question

Circulation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

I had two interviews in the same day. The first interviewer (who held a more senior role) liked me for the job and sent me over to a supervisor of the department, who then told me I was overqualified and wouldn't last.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. I was merely shocked at the quick judgement and assumptions based mostly on my educational background.   Answer Question

Ad Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast in November 2013.

Interview

First there was a phone interview that went well with HR. They were asking very basic questions and wanted to go over my resume to make sure everything was correct I then went in for an in-person interview with 3 different people, and each of them basically asked the same questions.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

Be prepared to be treated with disrespect. It is very apparent that they don't value your time. I waited 30 minutes for a 30 minute interview, in which the hiring manager answered her phone three times.

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Was asked a bunch of questions about my background, he was very friendly and loved my work so it wasn't as intimidating as I thought it would be. Don't get caught up in how cool the people or office looks, you won't win them over by being nervous because of that. Definitely dress your best and own it, but don't be cocky. I had to explain my work so be prepared for that. Be sure to know about fashion and the industry you are reviewing for b/c you won't be happy there unless you have an inherent interest, some people really live and breath this stuff.

Interview Questions

• Who is an artist that influences you now?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Interview

it was very quick and casual, only one interview with one manager

Negotiation

did not negotiate