Conductor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

3.1

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Two quick rounds, followed by one third. First was via phone with Jack, who was absolutely delightful to speak to. He had me come in quickly for another round with two departments, and everyone was timely, well-informed and beyond courteous.

Interview Questions

• What is something you're doing now that doesn't get you excited?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a total of 3 interviews. The first one was a basic screening of my past experiences and why I wanted to get in sales. The second interview was with the sales manager who asked me the same exact questions. The third interview was at the office in the city and I spoke with a couple of the other employees about the company. At the end of the on-site interview, I was told they would have a final decision the following week. I was only in there for 30min (I tried to extend it as long as possible by asking questions) which frustrated me because I had to take off work. After several email exchanges after my final interview over the course of 3 months, they still have not made a final decision (which might have been a blessing because I received an offer from a more established company that pays more). The entire process was really unorganized and slow. You could tell they were a start-up. Overall a very negative experience.

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Quite a bit of dysfunction during the entire interview process. Dates, times, job descriptions, people all kept changing. Not sure if this because they are a relatively new company but it definitely was one of the most unorganized processes I have ever experienced even for a start-up. Various phone calls with different people about computer science topics. Overall a very negative experience not to mention a lot of time wasted dealing with trying to setup times for a job and company that seem to be going nowhere.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I went through and had only a singe interview in person in NY. It was through Firstmark Cap, in which there were about 60-70 people there and we were all applying for different startups. I ended up having interviews with 3 of them (most people interviewed with 3 or 4 during the day). It was just the one day and then we ranked which companies we liked best.

Interview Questions

• Given a String that holds an equation, return the answer as a string. i.e. given "5 + 14 + 80 x 4 / 8 - 6" return the answer in the form of a string. Don't worry about doing any complex data structure, just use the brute force approach.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conductor in November 2014.

Interview

Initially applied to the job through LinkedIn. I was contacted fairly quickly by their HR department and set up a phone interview. The questions were pretty standard, they asked about my background, what kind of role I was looking for etc. I was asked to send examples of my work and if the hiring manager liked them the next step would be a 30 minute phone call with him. We talked through my resume and background. It took about a week to hear back and I was then called in for an in person interview in their office. When I arrived at the office I was asked to sign an NDA. I then met with the HR rep for a few minutes followed by the hiring manager. We had a good conversation, it flowed well and he was very friendly. We met for about an hour and he asked me to stay so I could meet another member of the team. Her position was pretty junior to what I was interviewing for, so I found it odd that she basically interviewed me as well. All in all I was there for about 2 hours. The HR rep told me to follow up in a few days, if I hadn't heard from them. When I did I received a quick email that I wasn't the right fit. I asked if they were willing to give me more insight and I got no response. Overall, they seemed like a great company to work for with a good environment. Though I would have appreciated if I could have had more insight as to why I wasn't the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. "What brands do you think do their marketing well?" "What is your management style" "What was a typical day in your last job" They also asked about my process when it came to creating a marketing plan.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I recently interviewed for a product marketing position at Conductor. The interview was an all day affair where I met with the marketing team as well as the other departments with whom I'd be working closely. In addition, I spent time with the senior leadership of the various departments. During the interview, the marketing team asked me domain expertise questions, the leadership asked more behavioral-based interview questions about strategy and who I thought did product marketing well. They also asked me for an honest critique of their current marketing. I love that they are secure and open enough to do that. The recruiter with whom I worked was incredibly efficient and personable. While it was definitely a tough interview, I felt like a welcomed guest and that made it easy to be myself--which I think is critical. You want the company to see you for who you really and being comfortable allows that to come through. Plus, you also want to see what they are really about and how they treat people. One thing that was readily apparent was that while they care about your credentials, experience and knowledge of the space they also care about maintaining the dynamic, collaborative culture they have built. Having worked at several SaaS companies, I agree with them that culture is critical to innovation.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, but a smart group of people who are going to dig deeply into your answers. You could definitely tell they were more interested in your logical process than the answer itself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Open and forth right which made it easier. No game playing.

Product Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conductor in July 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application via the website and was contacted via email by a recruiter the next day. We set up a 30 minute phone screen and had a very pleasant conversation. I sent him work samples as asked immediately after the phone screen. About 2 weeks go by and I hear nothing, so I followed up with another email to which I was told the VP of Marketing wanted to meet with me in person. This gets scheduled immediately and I arrive at their offices a few days later for the interview. As soon as I walk in I am told I need to sign an NDA. I find this odd, but comply. The recruiter takes me in the interview room first and asks me where I am in my job search, etc. Then about 15 minutes later the VP of Marketing comes in for an interview. We have a really great chat and connection for about an hour. The recruiter then walked me out and was very pleasant. I follow up the next day with an email to the recruiter and he said that he will be bringing me back in to meet more of the team, but needs to coordinate schedules first, and that I should hear from him on Monday (it was a Friday). I didn't hear back so the next week I followed up. No response. Waited another week. No response. I have NEVER received a response. Unfortunately my positive interview experience turned to negative due to this. It is utterly unprofessional to ignore candidates after they have been brought in person AND told they were moving on to next steps! I ended up accepting the same position at another company and am happy I did so. This type of communication is a strong indication of how they treat employees.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions really surprised me. It was a range of questions about how I manage a team, who I think is doing product marketing well, my goals, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Enablement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Conductor in April 2014.

Interview

Met great people and the interview process didn't seem as difficult as it did long. I spent a total of 7 hours interviewing (combination of in-person and phone). The office seems fun and employees seem happy. They look for people who ask a lot of smart questions. Research growing pains of technology companies in the same space. My biggest complaint is that after being told I was only up against 1 other person. I didn't hear from them for two weeks. I finally got a generic email stating that I was ultimately not chosen for the positions. It was cut and paste which I found rude after spending so much time with them.

Interview Questions

• Describe your communication timeline for new releases.   1 Answer

Conductor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conductor (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2012.

Interview

i took a test online and after that i was giving the chance to interview and than they will do background check and take a physical and a drug test

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What skills do you bring to company? How did you hear about the company? Why are you leaving your old job   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Conductor in June 2012.

Interview

Very diligent, comprehensive interview process. I met with 9 people.

Interview Questions

• How much of your free time do you spend improving your career skills?   Answer Question