Conductor Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2014
5 interviews

3.6

Customer Enablement Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Conductor in April 2014.

Met great people and the interview process didn't seem as difficult as it did long. I spent a total of 7 hours interviewing (combination of in-person and phone). The office seems fun and employees seem happy. They look for people who ask a lot of smart questions. Research growing pains of technology companies in the same space.

My biggest complaint is that after being told I was only up against 1 other person. I didn't hear from them for two weeks. I finally got a generic email stating that I was ultimately not chosen for the positions. It was cut and paste which I found rude after spending so much time with them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your communication timeline for new releases.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Conductor in November 2010.

Phone screen followed by in person interview with coding problem

Interview Questions
    I took a pay cut initially but they paid to move me across the country. Later I was generously compensated and given an excellent raise and stock incentives.

Vice President Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Conductor in June 2012.

Very diligent, comprehensive interview process. I met with 9 people.

Interview Questions
    • How much of your free time do you spend improving your career skills?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Conductor in February 2010.

I ended up coming to Conductor because of the awesome people that I met when I interviewed. They all seemed excited to talk to me and excited to work through the problems that they were presenting me with, even though they interview people all the time. Everyone had the spark of intelligence and passionate about software development.

The in-person interview consisted of some conversations about my experience and an opportunity to demonstrate my coding skills on a white-board and on a computer. I got to meet 4 different members of the team, which I appreciated. The VP of Engineering, especially, was psyched to explain the challenges that Conductor tackles and interested in hearing my ideas.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about something you worked on at your previous employer.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Conductor in June 2010.

I applied for a marketing position here directly through their website. An in house recruiter called me the next day. She was very pleasant and positive. The only red flag I had here was that she repeated (like a mantra) that "of course we only hire GREAT PEOPLE!!!" about 5 times.

Second round was a phone screen by the hiring manager followed up in about 2 days with a face to face interview with him at the company's offices. He was very nice and I thought we had good conversations both times. He asked about my background, talked about the role and their business, and asked a few questions which would demonstrate how I might apply my experience to their environment. I felt that I answered these well, and then supplied some of my own questions which would show the same.

The third round was a face to face interview with their CEO. This was a disaster. First, he made me wait about 25 minutes, while he passed by twice to tell me that he was 'busy, but would be with me soon.' Then when he finally did come and get me, he made a few tasteless jokes about how happy everyone was to be there so late (it was around 6:30pm) and shouted this out through their open plan environment. Then, he asked me to 'pick a conference room' to meet in and when I did, he took us in to a different one.

THEN he proceeded to grill me mercilessly with what seemed to be more like questions and situations that you would put forward to an enterprise sales person, while I was applying to a marketing programs position. As I faltered, which I did because of the strange line of questioning, he would lean back with a smug smirk on his face. After a horrendous half hour of this we were done. He walked me out and then turned to me mockingly at the front door and said "thanks SO much for coming by, it was an HONOR to meet you.'

I never heard from anyone there again. It seemed to me that they are a young company, with young leadership trying to take a page from the Google arrogance manual.

Interview Questions
    • I'm the CEO of Walmart. Pitch me.   View Answer
    • I hire you today and go away on vacation for 2 weeks. I come back. What have you done for me?   View Answer

Worked for Conductor? Contribute to the Community!