Conestoga-Rovers & Associates

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.9

Environmental Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates in October 2014.

I applied for the position almost a year ago. However, when I saw that the position was still open, I resubmitted my application and received feedback from a HR representative within two weeks.

We scheduled a phone screen interview within the same week. The representative was very friendly and started off with the the basic values, goals, and operations of CRA. The representative's inquiries for me included my interest in the company, why it isn't working out at my current job, desired salary, certifications I have, goals I want to pursue if I were hired, the essential work and industry I would be assigned to if I were hired, and details of my experience related to the field.

Followed-up with a thank you email and heard back from the representative within a couple of days that another HR representative will get in touch with me for a phone interview with the hiring managers. It was about a month until the second phone interview was scheduled, and I was almost disheartened that the process wouldn't go any further since so much time had passed. However, it turned out that scheduling the second phone interview was delayed due to their busy schedules.

The second interview was entirely technical. I didn't feel it was difficult since I was confident in my experience and abilities.

Third interview is the face-to-face interview, which is in the TBD phase. It took awhile for the second interview to commence, so I'm continuing to wait for the third.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel like there were any difficult questions. Be confident, explain why you're interested, and how your experiences and skills will prove useful for the company.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Entry Level Interview

Walked around the office and met some of the employees. Not a very formal process. Sat down with the department manager and talked about my previous work experience. He asks you what you want out of a job and tries to get a feel for you. If you will fit in with everyone and if you would enjoy working here.

Interview Questions
    • There was no set format for the interview. It was unformal.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates.

Heard back from the recruiter fairly quickly. Had an initial phone interview with her and was scheduled for an in-person interview the following week. Meeting was in the morning and the person I was to meet with was a little late (nothing serious...about 15 min.). Questions were fairly generic and everything seemed to flow smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had to deal with a rude or disrespectful person in a professional capacity. How did you handle the situation? How did that person react?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates.

Had a preliminary interview with a headhunter that went well and resulted in my resume being forwarded to the hiring manager. That was followed by a telephone interview with the hiring manager that also went well. The third phase, which took some time to scheduled, involved meeting the hiring manager and other senior managers in the office for a face to face panel interview

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall a particularly difficult or unexpected question. As with most environmental consulting interviews, the questions center on previous experience with the various facets of the industry (site investigations, site remediation, auditing) and willingness to travel.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates.

Very laid back and not structured

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates.

Mostly they will just go over your resume in detail and ask about your related experience if you have any.

Interview Questions
    • When constructing a monitoring well, how do you know where to set the screen interval?   Answer Question
    They offered me the entry level salary, i did not negotiate and knowing how cheap this company is they probably would not negotiate with you.

Technical Apprentice (Intern) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates in March 2013.

I applied through a Rice University's job and internship database. They replied in three weeks asking for a 15 minute phone interview. It wasn't very hard, just some questions and then the recruiter explained the job specifics. I didn't hear back from them until two months later though, when they asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I was interviewed by my future boss - it wasn't a very difficult interview, they didn't ask mind-boggling questions - we mostly went through my resume. They called me in less than a week with an offer. Everyone I talked to was friendly and helpful!

Interview Questions
    • Would you put schoolwork or your job first? (I was interviewing for a part-time job that would last for a year)   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate my salary, only my start date. My future boss was flexible.

Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates.

Contacted by HR to set up an interview.
    Then contacted by Hiring Manager. (Could have came straight from Hiring Manager) I forgot. It's been a while. The interview was with 4 other engineers. Depending on who interviews you, you might be asked questions or you might just be brought up to speed on what to expect in the job in terms of working interdisciplinary. Most of the questions were behavior based. Asked to talk about schooling and those projects and experiences.

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate salary by about 2000. Good thing I did as we didn't receive raises for a while due to economy downturn.

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates in November 2010.

I was given an over-the-phone interview with HR who set up my in office interview. My in office interview took place at 4 pm on a friday afternoon as the workers there were scrambling to meet their deadlines for the day. During the interview I spoke to my potential supervisor, four of his peers, and two shareholders. Most of whom were bothered by having to interview someone at this time, one shareholder even asked if I was "worth his time". The entire process took almost 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working long hours?   View Answer
    They would not budge on the salery dispite my experience, education, and having to relocate without company assistance.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates.

First interview over the phone as their main Canada office is based out of Ontario. HR rep on the phone was very nice and easy to speak to, the phone interview lasted around 40 minutes. Local manager then called me for an in person interview and I went in to the office and met for around an hour and twenty minutes. We discussed a lot about the company and how they operate as well as the job position. Everyone I spoke to at the office seemed very happy and upbeat. Haven't heard back anything yet and it's been a month or so.

Interview Questions
    • Normal interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. What are your strengths, weaknesses, approach to work, where do you want to be in 5 years, etc.   Answer Question