Conestoga-Rovers & Associates

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Engineer Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates.

Interview Details – Had a preliminary interview with a headhunter that went well and resulted in my resume being forwarded to the hiring manager. That was followed by a telephone interview with the hiring manager that also went well. The third phase, which took some time to scheduled, involved meeting the hiring manager and other senior managers in the office for a face to face panel interview

Interview Question – I do not recall a particularly difficult or unexpected question. As with most environmental consulting interviews, the questions center on previous experience with the various facets of the industry (site investigations, site remediation, auditing) and willingness to travel.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates.

Interview Details – Very laid back and not structured

Interview Question – There wasn't a hard question   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ months - interviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was given an over-the-phone interview with HR who set up my in office interview. My in office interview took place at 4 pm on a friday afternoon as the workers there were scrambling to meet their deadlines for the day. During the interview I spoke to my potential supervisor, four of his peers, and two shareholders. Most of whom were bothered by having to interview someone at this time, one shareholder even asked if I was "worth his time". The entire process took almost 3 hours.

Interview Question – How do you feel about working long hours?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They would not budge on the salery dispite my experience, education, and having to relocate without company assistance.

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates.

Interview Details – Mostly they will just go over your resume in detail and ask about your related experience if you have any.

Interview Question – When constructing a monitoring well, how do you know where to set the screen interval?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me the entry level salary, i did not negotiate and knowing how cheap this company is they probably would not negotiate with you.

Engineer Entry Level Interview

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR to set up an interview.
Then contacted by Hiring Manager. (Could have came straight from Hiring Manager) I forgot. It's been a while. The interview was with 4 other engineers. Depending on who interviews you, you might be asked questions or you might just be brought up to speed on what to expect in the job in terms of working interdisciplinary. Most of the questions were behavior based. Asked to talk about schooling and those projects and experiences.

Interview Question – 3 Strengths and 2 weaknesses   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate salary by about 2000. Good thing I did as we didn't receive raises for a while due to economy downturn.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Environmental Engineer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates.

Interview Details – First interview over the phone as their main Canada office is based out of Ontario. HR rep on the phone was very nice and easy to speak to, the phone interview lasted around 40 minutes. Local manager then called me for an in person interview and I went in to the office and met for around an hour and twenty minutes. We discussed a lot about the company and how they operate as well as the job position. Everyone I spoke to at the office seemed very happy and upbeat. Haven't heard back anything yet and it's been a month or so.

Interview Question – Normal interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. What are your strengths, weaknesses, approach to work, where do you want to be in 5 years, etc.   Answer Question

Waste Coordinator Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates in June 2012.

Interview Details – Received a call from HR representative pertaining to a Waste Coordinator job with CRA. I was asked about previous experience, they seemed to be in a hurry to get the position filled so within a few days I was at the companies office and meeting with an associate within the hazardous materials field. Background questions about the field were asked, nothing too difficult. We continued to the next step of a background check. About a week into the background check I received another call to come back by the office to meet with 2 VP's, this was more of a hiring formality and was just easy questions to make sure I was the right person for the job (meeting lasted about 30 minutes). A week after that I was offered the position, had less than a week to accept the position.

Interview Question – What are the different waste classifications?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Position required previous experience and was offered the salary of an entry level environmental scientist, which even that salary was a below market number. Tried to renegotiate but CRA was non-negotiable on salary.

Engineering Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was 30 minutes phone interview. There were two interviewers over the phone.
They mostly asked behavioral type questions. The interview was in a phone conference and the line was pretty bad. I was not able to understand some of the questions and had to ask it again few times.

Interview Questions

Undefined Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was a pleasant and fun interview. Problem is I was promised basic training and never received it due to an ego maniac PM.

Interview Questions

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates in October 2011.

Interview Details – I beleive there was a P. Eng, and a human resources person, as well as the current student who's position I was being interviewed for. I thought that was quite a good idea to have the student brought along, so you can ask them questions. That said, I didn't ask too many questions as I get very nervous in interviews and if given the opportunity to leave or ask more questions, I'll get the basics and then I'm out of there. I'm rambling now, so I will stop.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Conestoga-Rovers & Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Conestoga-Rovers & Associates interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Conestoga-Rovers & Associates employees and interview candidates.