Conexant Systems

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Editor Interview

Technical Editor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Conexant Systems in June 2009.

Interview Details – Easy!

Interview Question – was from the coworkers - they were extremely competitive   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Newport Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Conexant Systems in December 2009.

Interview Details – Two on-site half-dat interviews including interview with HR and technical people (Engineers, Managers, VP). Called for The second interview about 1 week after the first. Offer made about 1 week after second interview.

Interview Question – How to take account of power distribution during design and layout of Integrated Circuit ? What is the offset voltage, gain, PSRR, CMRR, bandwidth of opamp ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Offer was reasonable.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Newport Beach, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Conexant Systems in December 2008.

Interview Details – Rigorous technical interview. Cycled through all the gurus.

Interview Question – Detailed specifics about PC architecture.   View Answer

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Conexant Systems in January 2007.

Interview Details – Phone interview that was minimally technical and an on-site interview consisting of 8 hours of in-depth technical questions relating to the position and former work experience. The interview was difficult at times as some questions were not related to my background. Some of the interviews were very long but overall a good experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about your most difficult project.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Firmware Engineer
Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Conexant Systems in April 2010.

Interview Details – 1. I got a call from HR then received an interview invitation a week later
2. Probably took about 3 weeks to get the 2nd interview

Interview Question – 1. Very easy C, C++ question
2. Concept of audio processing
  Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Conexant Systems in April 2009.

Interview Details – written test on c, c++ and aptitude for freshers
2 techinical rounds

Interview Question – none....need to be thorough with OS concepts   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Conexant Systems in March 2008.

Interview Details – I don't remember much, but it was a typical interview about the personal profile and then to different projects executed. Then there were more basic questions on the technical know-how and then few example challenges

Interview Question – there was more terminology quest, some terms are used differently and they wanted the exact term.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Conexant Systems in June 2010.

Interview Details – They started with a Phone Interview, which I passed, and then they called me in for an all day interview. Speaking to 9 guys, for 45 minutes each was a little too much. I did fairly well on the interview, but I guess someone else did better. They were nice people and the interview questions were reasonable, just too long! The company has some old technolgy, I am not sure how well they will do going forward, but it seemed like it would have been a nice place to work, but not like I had the option.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Conexant Systems in January 2008.

Interview Details – Standard questions selected to test individual aptitude and personality. They will also ask you to give several examples of situations you've had disagreements with subordinates, peers or superiors. Most of the interviewers asked for deeper descriptions of items from the resume. Also asked to describe why I wanted to leave my current job and work for them.

Interview Question – Please describe how you handled a disagreement with a peer or manager while trying to solve an issue.   Answer Question

Worked for Conexant Systems? Contribute to the Community!