Conexant Systems

Conexant Systems Interview Questions

3.1

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Conexant Systems in December 2009.

Two on-site half-dat interviews including interview with HR and technical people (Engineers, Managers, VP). Called for The second interview about 1 week after the first. Offer made about 1 week after second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How to take account of power distribution during design and layout of Integrated Circuit ? What is the offset voltage, gain, PSRR, CMRR, bandwidth of opamp ?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Offer was reasonable.

Technical Editor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Conexant Systems in June 2009.

Easy!

Interview Questions
    • was from the coworkers - they were extremely competitive   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Conexant Systems in December 2008.

Rigorous technical interview. Cycled through all the gurus.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed specifics about PC architecture.   View Answer

Senior Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Conexant Systems in January 2007.

Phone interview that was minimally technical and an on-site interview consisting of 8 hours of in-depth technical questions relating to the position and former work experience. The interview was difficult at times as some questions were not related to my background. Some of the interviews were very long but overall a good experience.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Conexant Systems in June 2010.

They started with a Phone Interview, which I passed, and then they called me in for an all day interview. Speaking to 9 guys, for 45 minutes each was a little too much. I did fairly well on the interview, but I guess someone else did better. They were nice people and the interview questions were reasonable, just too long! The company has some old technolgy, I am not sure how well they will do going forward, but it seemed like it would have been a nice place to work, but not like I had the option.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Conexant Systems in April 2010.

1. I got a call from HR then received an interview invitation a week later
    2. Probably took about 3 weeks to get the 2nd interview

Interview Questions
    • 1. Very easy C, C++ question
      2. Concept of audio processing

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Conexant Systems in April 2009.

written test on c, c++ and aptitude for freshers
    2 techinical rounds

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Conexant Systems in March 2008.

I don't remember much, but it was a typical interview about the personal profile and then to different projects executed. Then there were more basic questions on the technical know-how and then few example challenges

Interview Questions
    • there was more terminology quest, some terms are used differently and they wanted the exact term.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Conexant Systems in January 2008.

Standard questions selected to test individual aptitude and personality. They will also ask you to give several examples of situations you've had disagreements with subordinates, peers or superiors. Most of the interviewers asked for deeper descriptions of items from the resume. Also asked to describe why I wanted to leave my current job and work for them.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe how you handled a disagreement with a peer or manager while trying to solve an issue.   Answer Question