Confluence Technologies Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Confluence Technologies

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Confluence Technologies in March 2011.

Met and talked with a group of people. we discussed to process there and the changes which were coming. I didn't get hit to hard with any crazy questions, standard interview with a test.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Confluence Technologies in October 2007.

I found out about the job through a recruiting service. After submitting my resume I was asked, through the recruiter, to take an online Visual Basic test. The test took about 30-40 minutes. My score was submitted directly to the company.

A day or so after taking the online test an interview was scheduled. I interviewed in the company's office with a panel of three people. Two were senior engineers and one was a manager in the development group. The interview consisted of a review of my resume with questions about my previous work experience.

This was followed by a three part coding test worked out by me on a whiteboard for the panel. One test was a general programming problem to solve in a C# style language. Another was a SQL problem and a third was an XML problem.

The interview was more challenging than some but not nearly as challenging as the most challenging interviews I've been on. All things considered I thought the process was fair.

Interview Questions
    • How many lines of code were in <name of project I'd worked on previously>?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate as much as I should have. My advise for others considering an offer is to have a solid understanding of the market rates (using one of the various salary websites) and to be willing to negotiate for fair rate. This includes vacation time as well. The company is more willing to negotiate than they let on.