Confluence Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Interview

QA
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Confluence Technologies in March 2011.

Interview Details – Met and talked with a group of people. we discussed to process there and the changes which were coming. I didn't get hit to hard with any crazy questions, standard interview with a test.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Confluence Technologies in October 2007.

Interview Details – I found out about the job through a recruiting service. After submitting my resume I was asked, through the recruiter, to take an online Visual Basic test. The test took about 30-40 minutes. My score was submitted directly to the company.

A day or so after taking the online test an interview was scheduled. I interviewed in the company's office with a panel of three people. Two were senior engineers and one was a manager in the development group. The interview consisted of a review of my resume with questions about my previous work experience.

This was followed by a three part coding test worked out by me on a whiteboard for the panel. One test was a general programming problem to solve in a C# style language. Another was a SQL problem and a third was an XML problem.

The interview was more challenging than some but not nearly as challenging as the most challenging interviews I've been on. All things considered I thought the process was fair.

Interview Question – How many lines of code were in <name of project I'd worked on previously>?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as much as I should have. My advise for others considering an offer is to have a solid understanding of the market rates (using one of the various salary websites) and to be willing to negotiate for fair rate. This includes vacation time as well. The company is more willing to negotiate than they let on.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Confluence Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Confluence Technologies interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Confluence Technologies employees and interview candidates.