Conifer Health Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.9

Contracts Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Conifer Health Solutions (Frisco, TX).

Interview

A wide variety of people will interview you so that Conifer can ensure they make their decision on a committee basis (vs. your hiring manager having to take the lead and make the decision alone). Because of this, you'll get a wide variety of questions, from the very tough to the amusingly simple (and from very pertinent to completely irrelevant). This also reflects the way that candidates are reviewed internally. As in life, if you ask 10 people their opinion about anything, you'll get a bell curve of responses (from hatred to absolute love). So it is with the candidate review process at Conifer; some will hedge their bets and say they hate a candidate, just in case the person is hired and "doesn't work out," as SO many people at Conifer don't - read: the door revolves quickly at Conifer. Others will say they love a candidate without having looked at their resume. And then the sheepish majority in the middle will express an opinion that could be interpreted to mean anything. Unfortunately, this contributes to the dysfunctional environment at Conifer, where senior leadership is always "rah, rah" about how great the company is and how much the company values its employees. Meanwhile, a large group of upper management cracks the whip on their employees, demanding ever more work (and hours) for no more pay.

Interview Questions

• What type of working environment do you like? One that is predictable or one that changes all the time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Limited; they were pretty inflexible and only gave a very little bit more money than their original offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Conifer Health Solutions (Frisco, TX).

Interview

Interview process consisted of: 2 phone screens (1 HR/1 Hiring Manager) 2 in person panel interviews I was made to feel comfortable during the interviews. It was not the typical "stress" interview that happens with a panel. Lots of questions about knowledge of healthcare industry/rev cycle - Managed Care/Medicare/Caid, business processes, EDI, non-clinical stuff. General questions about technical skills, i.e. Excel, Powerpoint.

Interview Questions

The pay was not sufficient for the job duties required, and not competitive for the industry. Insurance benefits are sub-par.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Conifer Health Solutions.

Interview

Following the screening process my recruiter scheduled me for a phone interview with the manager. After that interview was completed I was contacted again by my recruiter for an additional phone interview with the director. After successfully completing 2 phone interviews I was notified by my recruiter that they would like to schedule an "in-person" interview. We made an appointment for a formal interview. When I arrived the interview was conducted by two peers, which was the majority of the interview. Once they had asked their questions, they left and a few minutes later the manager came in to complete the interview process in person (mostly a meet & greet since we had already interviewed over the phone). The peer interview was to make ensure I was a fit for the team. I was contacted by the recruiter later the same day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: Why I had applied for the position, greatest strength & weakness, how do you handle conflict or criticism, what is your background and qualifications (tell us about yourself)? *not in that particular order* Followed by "Do you have any questions for us?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

During my first call the recruiter asked what I wanted to be paid. The offer of employment letter was for the amount I initially requested. No negotiations took place.

Patient Access Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Conifer Health Solutions (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was with the director, supervisor and another patient access lead. They each just ask you questions about your skills and how you think you would fit in as a lead.

Support Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Conifer Health Solutions (Savannah, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was smooth extremely professional. The Manager who interviewed me explained the responsibility of the Support Services Representative position to me and I was very well interest in this position because of my pass work experience and skills. She told me about the benefits package. What interests me was the work environment the employees there were very welcoming and nice. I arrived 45 minute early. I was nervous it's been along time since I was interviewed. I was there on a mission for a career not job. My confidence level was very high, and I see my self working long term not short team. I plan on being the most dedicated.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a irate customers?   1 Answer

Interview

I was initially contacted through a recruiter and then later set up an interview at the Jewish Hospital in Louisville. I arrived at the interview early and later the interviewer asked me questions about myself and she mainly describe the job duties. I am a recent college graduate and have some experience working in the customer service industry so I felt really confident about the interview especially my skills. The interviewer then told me that I will be contacted shortly by the end of the week however I never got a response. I also emailed the recruiter and ask but she did not have an answer either. I guess I did not get the job but at least I was hoping for some feedback.

A/R Collections Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Conifer Health Solutions.

Interview

Applied for the Position got a call back on 2 days later. Was told they wanted to meet with me I told them I was available the next day. went into the interview meet with me people that where very friendly and they seemed very professional. the interview was simple, all situational questions. first question they asked me was why are you looking for a job at conifer (This is where you say that you researched the company and so on etc.) actually do some research and give them something to elaborate on. the next was why are you leaving you current company. After the interview I was call the next day with a very good offer I did not need to negotiate

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest weakness? why are you leaving your current employer? look this question up and find the best suitable answer. why are you the best candidate for this position? if you say something back it up with awards form your job that you may have gotten to prove to them that your are what you say you are. speak very clearly and at a normal pace, they're just people. Say things like i like the weather we're having or say something like do you watch sports or what ever you can to start a conversation before coming into the room to interview. My opening question was this: After the introductions, I ask the interviewer " how long has conifer been in this location? he replied with very detailed history about the company's back ground and how they are growing etc. Use that info in the interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Conifer Health Solutions.

Interview

I applied online two months ago and got a call from a recruiter last week to set up an interview. The hiring manager was on time and friendly. She initially described the job duties then we went in to the questions. They were pretty difficult but I feel the interview went well. I should hear back within a couple days on their decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation at work when you didn't get along with another co-worker (Or if two other co-workers had problems with one another) and what did you do to resolve the problem.   Answer Question

Coding Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Conifer Health Solutions.

Interview

Had to take coding test, then interviewed with coding manager and then coding division manager. All interviews were done via phone. The hiring process was done via phone and email. (Remote position).

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Best qualities, worst qualities. Asked me some coding questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Sent me offer letter. I counter offered with a higher pay and they accepted.

A/R SUPERVISOR Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Conifer Health Solutions.

Interview

I transitioned from another company to Conifer through a merger. I didn't have to interview for my position, although the new manager they brought in made me give a writing sample and take a skills test. It was extrememly bizarre and he was very condescending towards me as he thought I was uneducated. He treated all applicants who came to interview the same way. We did group interviews with all of the supervisors, which can be very intimidating to potential employees. He made everyone of the supervisors ask a question as well.

Interview Questions

• One question that was frequently asked to potential employees was "Can you name the essential components of a good appeal letter?" This question, if you have no appeals experience, would likely throw you off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was part of a merger.