Conifer Health Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

Patient Access Representative Interview

I was initially contacted through a recruiter and then later set up an interview at the Jewish Hospital in Louisville. I arrived at the interview early and later the interviewer asked me questions about myself and she mainly describe the job duties. I am a recent college graduate and have some experience working in the customer service industry so I felt really confident about the interview especially my skills. The interviewer then told me that I will be contacted shortly by the end of the week however I never got a response. I also emailed the recruiter and ask but she did not have an answer either. I guess I did not get the job but at least I was hoping for some feedback.

A/R Collections Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Conifer Health Solutions.

Applied for the Position got a call back on 2 days later. Was told they wanted to meet with me I told them I was available the next day. went into the interview meet with me people that where very friendly and they seemed very professional. the interview was simple, all situational questions. first question they asked me was why are you looking for a job at conifer (This is where you say that you researched the company and so on etc.) actually do some research and give them something to elaborate on. the next was why are you leaving you current company. After the interview I was call the next day with a very good offer I did not need to negotiate

Interview Questions
    • what is your biggest weakness?
      why are you leaving your current employer? look this question up and find the best suitable answer.
      why are you the best candidate for this position? if you say something back it up with awards form your job that you may have gotten to prove to them that your are what you say you are.

speak very clearly and at a normal pace, they're just people. Say things like i like the weather we're having or say something like do you watch sports or what ever you can to start a conversation before coming into the room to interview. My opening question was this: After the introductions, I ask the interviewer " how long has conifer been in this location? he replied with very detailed history about the company's back ground and how they are growing etc. Use that info in the interview.

Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Conifer Health Solutions.

I applied online two months ago and got a call from a recruiter last week to set up an interview. The hiring manager was on time and friendly. She initially described the job duties then we went in to the questions. They were pretty difficult but I feel the interview went well. I should hear back within a couple days on their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation at work when you didn't get along with another co-worker (Or if two other co-workers had problems with one another) and what did you do to resolve the problem.   Answer Question

Coding Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Conifer Health Solutions.

Had to take coding test, then interviewed with coding manager and then coding division manager. All interviews were done via phone. The hiring process was done via phone and email. (Remote position).

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions. Best qualities, worst qualities. Asked me some coding questions.   Answer Question
    Sent me offer letter. I counter offered with a higher pay and they accepted.

A/R SUPERVISOR Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Conifer Health Solutions.

I transitioned from another company to Conifer through a merger. I didn't have to interview for my position, although the new manager they brought in made me give a writing sample and take a skills test. It was extrememly bizarre and he was very condescending towards me as he thought I was uneducated. He treated all applicants who came to interview the same way. We did group interviews with all of the supervisors, which can be very intimidating to potential employees. He made everyone of the supervisors ask a question as well.

Interview Questions
    • One question that was frequently asked to potential employees was "Can you name the essential components of a good appeal letter?" This question, if you have no appeals experience, would likely throw you off guard.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Was part of a merger.

Self Pay Collector Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Conifer Health Solutions.

Asked me very specific questions that were very uncomfortable to answer. She asked what my goals were and I said to move up in the company and finish my bachelors degree online and she said, "well, which is it?" It was a very harsh interview as the lady had bragged about her master's degree. I already had an associate's and over two years working in the field I applied for but they didn't ask me any questions about my previous experience. The recruiter took 1 month to call to set up interview and 2 more weeks to inform me they chose another applicant. Also, the pay was WAY less than industry standards and that includes the out-of-teach bonus they were praising about (yeah, I read the reviews from employees about their real opinion). All I can really say is I know it's really stressful trying to find a job in this field with other candidates but stay away from this place. A lady was crying in the foyer and a manager came out there and said, "you're embarassing yourself" and walked off instead of consulting the girl. Just a negative tone within the company and really made me appreciate the short time I had with my previous company.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Conifer Health Solutions in November 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter 3-4 weeks later. I had the initial phone interview which went well (he asked basic prior experience questions). At the end of the call, I had an in-person interview set up for a couple days later. I met with my (now) boss and two other people on the team during the first in-person interview. I was called that afternoon to come in for a second interview two days later in which I spoke with my boss again, as well as, two other Director-level team members. I received a call from the recruiter the next day with a job offer. The entire interview process lasted one week. I started two weeks after I accepted the job. Overall, I had a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What project did you most enjoy working on during your last role?   Answer Question
    • What challenges have you faced in prior roles, and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Payment Poster Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Conifer Health Solutions in October 2014.

The interview process was a bit scary. First I received a call, and they informed me about the position they wanted me to interview for. The interview experience was rough, I did not know how the interview went when I left. The manager that interviewed me did not smile once, so I did not know how the interview was going. I left thinking that I would not ever hear back from them. About a month later, I received a call from them that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had a challenge in your workplace and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Eligibility Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Conifer Health Solutions in September 2014.

Phone interview initially then scheduled face to face. Interviewed with the Director, she was late to the interview and did not spend much time with questions. She asked about salary right off the bat. She was also a bit condescending and I couldn't see myself working for her.

Analyst Interview

The interview process was simple and questions not too difficult.
    1. The recruiter reaches out to you and you get a phone interview with the managers.
    2. If it all goes well, you get a on-site interview with peers. This one was okay depending on who you got as the interviewee. They didn't seem to take the interview very professionally. There were lots of on-going banter.
    3. The next steps after the peer interview is to have a 30 min phone interview with a sr manager.

They aren't as organized as some companies and also they don't hold their interview times on time. Also, there are no email confirmation at all during this whole process. The last phone interview has been missed several times now. Also the on-site interview with peers, there was no front receptionist there until 20 mins after I showed up.