Conn's

Relevance Date Difficulty

TV Tech Interview

TV Tech
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Conn's in November 2013.

Interview Details – The overall process is ok The review process is rather lengthy. The time to get hired is ok. I was recruited through a recruiter and the reruiter was excellent and professional.

Interview Question – Are you available tomorrow ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at Conn's

Interview Details – Color code everything and when's you're in employees are Also conned

Interview Question – Don't believe what your told   Answer Question

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Senior Operations Manager
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Conn's.

Interview Details – My initial interview was a phone screen with a VP. The call was relatively short and felt more like a conversation than an interview.
When I went in for the face-to-face interview, I was very surprised by the facility. It is not in a great area and is a former clearance center for Conn's and Target store. It is in a strip mall with Floor and Decor, a Chinese buffet and late-night bingo.
The people were all nice, but the environment seemed very disorganized.
For a company that's been around for while, it seemed like a newly started company.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. There was not a structured set of questions and very few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not seem like a fun environment and had little work/life balance based on conversations with others.

Salesperson Interview

Salesperson
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Conn's in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on web from ad in paper.Phoned local location for traveling interviewer. Arrived for appointment.Interview person did not remember my name or previous contacts. I submitted a written resume, ask if she wanted some time to study my qualifications, she said "No" and talked alittle abouit the responsibilities of the job.

Interview Question – No questions..seemed bored.. answered there had been about 40-45 applicants to see her so far. That was last day of four day interview time.   View Answer

Interviewed at Conn's

Interview Details – Just show up with a smile.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work all the time, including thanksgiving?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Buyer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Conn's.

Interview Details – Interview process has taken almost two months and still isn't complete

Interview Question – None difficult questions thus far   Answer Question

Interviewed at Conn's

Interview Details – Normally done by an upper management person. Not a difficult interview. They seek out your ability to learn the sales process and follow company guidelines. After hire, a two week training period occurs in San Antonio. Learn the computer. Most important thing.

Interview Question – I found no unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Warehouseman Interview

Warehouseman
Beaumont, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Conn's in August 2009.

Interview Details – I called and they told me to fill out an application and I did. Talked to the HR guy that day. They told me I was interviewing for a warehouse management position, I had been a warehouseman before and I had just graduated college. I was not going to be a wharehouseman again, or so I thought. Told me someone else would call me in a few days. He did, asked me about my previous experience, did I ever manage people before. Asked me about my criminal record, all the normal stuff. Then I guess they forgot and I called them a week later, they told me to come in and they gave me the job. Little did I know, all the stuff about a warehouse manager was BS, and I was a warehouseman when I actually started working.

Interview Question – Don't remember any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Conn's.

Interview Details – Your called and an interview is set up. You interview with who ever is available. You take a timed math test. if passed you take a a drug test. You will also be asked to do an over the phone questionaire about your criminal history. You wait a few days and you are sent for a training for three days and then sent to the store and trained by the current cashier because you dont learn anything at the 3 day training.

Interview Question – What do you have to offer this company?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Conn's in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and recieved a phone call interview in the same day. A one on one interview was scheduled for a couple of days later. The one on one seemed like they just wanted to make sure I was visually appealing and approachable. Overall the interview questions for both the phone call and one on one were not difficult.

Interview Question – have you looked into Conn's financials?   View Answer

Worked for Conn's? Contribute to the Community!