Conn's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2014
Updated Aug 7, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Conn's.

Met the recruiter at a Job Fair, Got a call from her next day to set up an interview. Assistant Store manager interviewed me with basic questions. Once the interview went well, was scheduled for background and drug test. Got a job offer.

No negotiation

Sales Interview

Color code everything and when's you're in employees are Also conned

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Conn's.

My initial interview was a phone screen with a VP. The call was relatively short and felt more like a conversation than an interview.
    When I went in for the face-to-face interview, I was very surprised by the facility. It is not in a great area and is a former clearance center for Conn's and Target store. It is in a strip mall with Floor and Decor, a Chinese buffet and late-night bingo.
    The people were all nice, but the environment seemed very disorganized.
    For a company that's been around for while, it seemed like a newly started company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. There was not a structured set of questions and very few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Did not seem like a fun environment and had little work/life balance based on conversations with others.

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Conn's in December 2013.

Applied on web from ad in paper.Phoned local location for traveling interviewer. Arrived for appointment.Interview person did not remember my name or previous contacts. I submitted a written resume, ask if she wanted some time to study my qualifications, she said "No" and talked alittle abouit the responsibilities of the job.

Interview Questions
    • No questions..seemed bored.. answered there had been about 40-45 applicants to see her so far. That was last day of four day interview time.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Just show up with a smile.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work all the time, including thanksgiving?   Answer Question

TV Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Conn's in November 2013.

The overall process is ok The review process is rather lengthy. The time to get hired is ok. I was recruited through a recruiter and the reruiter was excellent and professional.

No negotiation.

Buyer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Conn's.

Interview process has taken almost two months and still isn't complete

Sales Associate Interview

Normally done by an upper management person. Not a difficult interview. They seek out your ability to learn the sales process and follow company guidelines. After hire, a two week training period occurs in San Antonio. Learn the computer. Most important thing.

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Conn's.

Your called and an interview is set up. You interview with who ever is available. You take a timed math test. if passed you take a a drug test. You will also be asked to do an over the phone questionaire about your criminal history. You wait a few days and you are sent for a training for three days and then sent to the store and trained by the current cashier because you dont learn anything at the 3 day training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Conn's in July 2011.

I applied online and recieved a phone call interview in the same day. A one on one interview was scheduled for a couple of days later. The one on one seemed like they just wanted to make sure I was visually appealing and approachable. Overall the interview questions for both the phone call and one on one were not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • have you looked into Conn's financials?   View Answer

Worked for Conn's? Contribute to the Community!