Conn's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

1.9

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Conn's (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Responded to a job posting they had for a DM position. Received a email same day to take online test and to give them a call after complete. Once I did I was told everyone comes in as a Salesperson unless during the interview with the DM he felt otherwise. Met with the DM just to see if they were really advertising for a DM then telling you you have to start as a salesperson and thats pretty much the way it was. Bait and switch......

9.00 Hr or commision and didn't appreciate the bait and switch tactic, if thats the way they do business its not a good place to invest in.

Parts Clerk-McAllen, TX Store Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Conn's (McAllen, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process has been lengthy, to say the least. To add insult to injury, I spent over a week contacting the HR Recruiter who contacted ME for the position in the first place, asking him to have the Manager call me for my phone interview. She continued to make appointments, but never kept them. The one time she DID call, she called twice in three minutes, then left a rude voicemail about how she called but I didn't answer. I was on the other line with the state about something very important. I had continuously put aside important phone calls and errands to make sure I was available completely for when she finally called. After a week and a half, the recruiter finally got ahold of someone else to do my interview. He was great, very punctual and very nice. The recruiter was also very helpful and nice, just to be fair, until recently, and now he ignores my request for interview information, such as when I will be contacted for my final interview. I have now been waiting five weeks, going on six weeks, and have only completed two of the three required phone/face-to-face interviews, and have not gotten to do the required physical, drug test, and background check, since they refuse to either make an offer or move on. I am more than qualified for this position, such as software used, processes and procedures. It seems like a great job, exactly what I want, but the application and interview process is extremely frustrating, inconsiderate, and complicated. If you can get into the position with this company fairly quickly, I would say that you should go for it. Otherwise, you will be wasting a ridiculous amount of precious time that could be used elsewhere, on more responsive companies.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, extremely easy: "What are some of your strengths?" "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate/difficult customer?" Etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Conn's (Denver, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone followed by a face to face meeting at one of the local stores. The management who interviewed were very nice. Asked a lot about previous sales experience and whether I would be willing to work weekends. Saturdays are a must. No choice on that. Took a personality test and background check including drug test at local facility. Took about a week.

Interview Questions

• Not really much along the lines of difficult questions. I think it was more a matter of managers liking you up front.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Conn's.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a Job Fair, Got a call from her next day to set up an interview. Assistant Store manager interviewed me with basic questions. Once the interview went well, was scheduled for background and drug test. Got a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Conn's (Beaumont, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was easy. I came in waited at the front for about 15 min. A lady came and took me in a room and asked me basic interview questions. It lasted about 15 min. She explained to me the training, drug and background checks and I was done. Once you do the drug and background checks gave them a call back and started training. Which lasted a week.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was past due on their account, how would you go by collecting the money they owe?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Color code everything and when's you're in employees are Also conned

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Conn's (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

My initial interview was a phone screen with a VP. The call was relatively short and felt more like a conversation than an interview. When I went in for the face-to-face interview, I was very surprised by the facility. It is not in a great area and is a former clearance center for Conn's and Target store. It is in a strip mall with Floor and Decor, a Chinese buffet and late-night bingo. The people were all nice, but the environment seemed very disorganized. For a company that's been around for while, it seemed like a newly started company.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. There was not a structured set of questions and very few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Did not seem like a fun environment and had little work/life balance based on conversations with others.

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Conn's (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied on web from ad in paper.Phoned local location for traveling interviewer. Arrived for appointment.Interview person did not remember my name or previous contacts. I submitted a written resume, ask if she wanted some time to study my qualifications, she said "No" and talked alittle abouit the responsibilities of the job.

Interview Questions

• No questions..seemed bored.. answered there had been about 40-45 applicants to see her so far. That was last day of four day interview time.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Just show up with a smile.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work all the time, including thanksgiving?   Answer Question

TV Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Conn's (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

The overall process is ok The review process is rather lengthy. The time to get hired is ok. I was recruited through a recruiter and the reruiter was excellent and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.