Conn's Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 7, 2014
16 interviews

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Conn's.

Met the recruiter at a Job Fair, Got a call from her next day to set up an interview. Assistant Store manager interviewed me with basic questions. Once the interview went well, was scheduled for background and drug test. Got a job offer.

No negotiation

TV Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Conn's in November 2013.

The overall process is ok The review process is rather lengthy. The time to get hired is ok. I was recruited through a recruiter and the reruiter was excellent and professional.

No negotiation.

Sales Interview

Color code everything and when's you're in employees are Also conned

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Conn's.

My initial interview was a phone screen with a VP. The call was relatively short and felt more like a conversation than an interview.
    When I went in for the face-to-face interview, I was very surprised by the facility. It is not in a great area and is a former clearance center for Conn's and Target store. It is in a strip mall with Floor and Decor, a Chinese buffet and late-night bingo.
    The people were all nice, but the environment seemed very disorganized.
    For a company that's been around for while, it seemed like a newly started company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. There was not a structured set of questions and very few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Did not seem like a fun environment and had little work/life balance based on conversations with others.

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Conn's in December 2013.

Applied on web from ad in paper.Phoned local location for traveling interviewer. Arrived for appointment.Interview person did not remember my name or previous contacts. I submitted a written resume, ask if she wanted some time to study my qualifications, she said "No" and talked alittle abouit the responsibilities of the job.

Interview Questions
    • No questions..seemed bored.. answered there had been about 40-45 applicants to see her so far. That was last day of four day interview time.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Just show up with a smile.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work all the time, including thanksgiving?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Conn's.

Interview process has taken almost two months and still isn't complete

Sales Associate Interview

Normally done by an upper management person. Not a difficult interview. They seek out your ability to learn the sales process and follow company guidelines. After hire, a two week training period occurs in San Antonio. Learn the computer. Most important thing.

No negotiation

Warehouseman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaumont, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Conn's in August 2009.

I called and they told me to fill out an application and I did. Talked to the HR guy that day. They told me I was interviewing for a warehouse management position, I had been a warehouseman before and I had just graduated college. I was not going to be a wharehouseman again, or so I thought. Told me someone else would call me in a few days. He did, asked me about my previous experience, did I ever manage people before. Asked me about my criminal record, all the normal stuff. Then I guess they forgot and I called them a week later, they told me to come in and they gave me the job. Little did I know, all the stuff about a warehouse manager was BS, and I was a warehouseman when I actually started working.

I didn't negotiate.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Conn's.

Your called and an interview is set up. You interview with who ever is available. You take a timed math test. if passed you take a a drug test. You will also be asked to do an over the phone questionaire about your criminal history. You wait a few days and you are sent for a training for three days and then sent to the store and trained by the current cashier because you dont learn anything at the 3 day training.

Interview Questions

Worked for Conn's? Contribute to the Community!