Connections Academy

2.9

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Connections Academy.

Applied online. Did a virtual interview initially then received a call for the interview weeks later for an in person interview. Was interviewed with an HR rep and the hiring supervisor for the unit. The interview was relatively easy. They asked about 6 situational questions.

Secondary Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Connections Academy in June 2014.

I got an email to complete a digital interview. In this part, you are given a video instruction to the online process interview. Then, you are told to treat it like an actual interview, find a quiet place, check background and mic, etc. Then, you are given 30 seconds to prepare before each question. Then, you speak into the computer. You have 1-3 minutes to talk and then you move on to the next question. I had about 10 questions.

Then, you may be given a tech test which consists of power point questions, Excel (basic questions about spring info, what a funnel looks like etc,) and Word. It's good to study for it because it's tricky. And there is a typing portion. It's not terrible, but if you don't' do really well, you don't' get the second interview or sometimes the first interview.

The second interview is live via web chat. More difficult questions. The next round is reference check. The questions were behavior based, deadlines,discuss about differential teaching, etc.

It has been a week, and I am still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you dealt with large amounts of data? Why is it important?   Answer Question

Returns Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Connections Academy in June 2014.

A couple weeks after submitting my resume I received a call from the Senior Returns Supervisor stating that they were planning to schedule interviews for the position and asking if I was still interested. The next step was an email from HR with a link to the Hirevue app interview.
    I would strongly suggest that you find a good, quiet location to launch the app and complete the interview. If you are using a tablet or a smartphone, make sure you have a stable place to put the device at same height as your eyes. Look at the camera, not the screen, when answering your questions. There were approximately 10 questions.
    The next step was to schedule an in-person interview. This was a 3 hour affair with homework. You are asked to prepare a Powerpoint presentation that you are to present to a panel of five interviewers. The presentation is expected to be 30 minutes or so. The Q&A sessions are what take the most time. They provide you with a detailed schedule with time expectations.
    The interview was fun and they were all great people.

Secondary Science Teacher Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Connections Academy in June 2014.

I applied online to a position posting and in one week they sent me online interview through Hirevue. The online interview required you to have a webcam. Questions popped up on the screen and you answered the questions within a certain time limit. There were a total of 9 questions and 1 essay question on your teaching philosophy. One question asked why do you want to teach in the virtual environment.

Interview Questions
    • Who is responsible for student failure?   View Answer

Middle School Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online - interviewed at Connections Academy in June 2014.

Received a call the day after I submitted my application and resume. Had to prepare a 10 minute lesson relating to any middle school science standard. Interviewed a week later. It took 2 weeks for them to get back to me and it was only an email stating that another applicant had been chosen for the job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Connections Academy.

A very thorough interview was conducted covering areas of technical ability, critical thinking, and personality. It gave me a chance to interview them, as much as they interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teaser question. I can't remember exactly, but it had to do with how many balls you could fit in a box.   View Answer
    A quick negotiation getting to a number I was comfortable with, even though the original offer was a little low. I was ready for the low number, as my recruiter prepped me, but they were quick to come up to a number I could live with.

Enrollment Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Connections Academy.

there was a test then interview

no negotiations were accepted

Secondary Teacher Interview

Did a phone interview and then was offered the position about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to have a brief conversation in the foreign language I teach.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate the salary. It appears that the salary is fairly set for my teaching subject/experience level.

Enrollment Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I was interviewed once by a panel of 4 supervisors from the Enrollment team. They came and got me from downstairs, took me out the elevator, and walked me into the room to be interviewed. Honestly, they were super friendly! The interview consisted of a question from each person one-by-one and so on for about 16 questions.

The questions were situational: tell me about a time you were wrong and what you did to fix it; what's your biggest area of opportunity?

Afterwards, I had to take a skills test that took about 20 minutes. Consisted of typing a passage quickly, answering questions, and knowing symbols on a computer or where to find things in word or outlook.

I was told pay was non-negotiable

Enrollment Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Connections Academy in May 2013.

Basic questions were asked over the phone prior to interview. You interview in person with supervisors and manager. You take a short computer test to assess skills with word/excel. Receive phone call if offered job. Email job offer and formal written offer to follow.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make sure you are understanding the customer's request?   Answer Question

Worked for Connections Academy? Contribute to the Community!