Connections Academy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.8

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Columbia, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I have done interviews with a computer screen, on the phone and in person. I do not recall many of the questions from the phone and computer recording, mostly related to classroom experiences. However, as with my in person interview, I got no response what so ever yeah or nay on the position. This is so unprofessional, especially when they specifically say "We will let you know by......" It does not take 5 seconds to send a blind copied, generic decline letter! Also, sent polite thank you for interview opportunity, no response. Recently applied for a trainer position, where there were two days to choose from for a group interview, and the information on training we needed to present was in a follow up email. When I showed up to the building 15 minutes early, there was a security lock on the door, had to wait for an employee to let me in. No one was at the front desk, I called the person on my cellphone and was told someone would be down to let me in. In the mean time, I let in the other person interviewing, no one was ever at the desk. We were shown a sort PowerPoint about the company, which the presenter read from the screen. Presentation said the job started a week from interview date, but they said that date was "flexible." Both our our presentations (which we sent ahead) were cut off on the screen which was a poor reflection on the set up, not on us, or should have been considered that way. We gave presentations and left. Again, told we would hear something by a certain date, that date has passed, and today is the day the job was supposed to start as of this date. It is one thing to be casual, but it is quite another to be unprofessional, and I got a "fake it until you make it" vibe from all but one of the individuals interviewing us.

Interview Questions

• Q: What actress would play you in a movie and why   1 Answer
    • Q: What do you think the job description of this position is?   1 Answer
    • Q: Do you understand the different divisions of the company, ie: Nexus, Connections Academy and Connections education etc.   1 Answer
    • Q: These are the instructions to the presentation we had to give: The training should reflect your style and include methods that you use to deliver an effective training. The training should be 5-7 minutes in length and your audience may be up to 15 people. Select one of the following areas as your training focus; Education, Government, or Wellness.   1 Answer

Enrollment Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Columbia, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

1. Online interview consisting of 10 questions. 2. If called group interview. Three people was in group. Worked on small group assignment. Easy and fun 3. One on one interview 4. Typing test on word and how fast you can type, and outlook.

Secondary Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Salem, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked to do an online interview, but before I could complete it, was called and asked to do an in-person interview. I arrived on time, but was asked to wait about five minutes to start. The interview lasted less than 30 minutes, as I was told the interview needed to end because there was another applicant waiting. There were about 5 people on the interview panel and they took turns asking relevant and standard teaching questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you completed and tell about the steps you took to complete it.   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Harrisburg, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the special education position. I was contacted via email then phone for a person to person interview. I was not interviewed via computer self interview like many others . I traveled to Harrisburg for my job interview. Interview consisted of a panel of 3 special education directors asked round robin questions.

Interview Questions

• what is SDI?   1 Answer
    • What is two standardized test give in PA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations - offered a salary and accepted

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

On camera answer questions with no one else on the other side. They use hirevue.com. I have to say I like the process. I think most people would find it hard, but the just be yourself. Like others have mentioned I was told I am top candidate; I have my doubts. Edit: now a month later and I never heard anything back. This is tacky. Even a quick email saying thanks but no thanks would be nice.

Interview Questions

• They asked about pay and how much I want. This tells me they want the cheapest person they can find and do not want to pay for experience. Now I wait for round 2   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Connections Academy in February 2015.

Interview

We arranged a conference call. I spoke with two employees. They asked about my previous academic experiences. They asked about my level of expertise working with Excel. You need to be a strong intermediate user. The call lasted about half an hour. Once hired, a training session was set up where I logged into a computer site and simultaneously spoke with them on the phone. It was fairly straight forward. Everyone was very kind, knowledgeable, and helpful.

Interview Questions

• I didn't realize the position would rely so heavily on using Excel. I was concerned that I was not adequately prepared for the work.   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connections Academy.

Interview

Completed an application online and was contacted by 2 HR reps via email stating that because of my resume I was considered a top candidate. I was asked to complete a video interview using a webcam or phone camera within 3 days. I was sent multiple emails every day within that time asking me to complete the interview quickly. After sending in my video, I never heard from anyone at the company again. Not so much as a note saying they were still considering me, or picking another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe anyone can learn, or that there are ultimately limitations to educating certain people?   1 Answer

Secondary Teacher Interview

Interview

I was sent an email a week after applying. Online one-way taped interview. It was very hard to interview in this format. Never got a response back to even say thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Do you think all kids can learn and what is your responsibility in the process?   Answer Question

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Applied online. Did a virtual interview initially then received a call for the interview weeks later for an in person interview. Was interviewed with an HR rep and the hiring supervisor for the unit. The interview was relatively easy. They asked about 6 situational questions.

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connections Academy (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2014.

Interview

Quick. This process was very quick, but it was also very close to the beginning of the start of the school year. The process was unique - coming from another state - having a phone interview was definitely different. The people were kind and asking typical questions. It was slightly awkward not being able to "see" how I was doing based on using facial cues and such... it wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about traveling... if I was able to travel and how much time I would need as notice. I wasn't expecting a WFM job to require travel.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple. What are you looking for? Will you accept this?