Connections Academy Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.8

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Connections Academy.

Interview

Completed an application online and was contacted by 2 HR reps via email stating that because of my resume I was considered a top candidate. I was asked to complete a video interview using a webcam or phone camera within 3 days. I was sent multiple emails every day within that time asking me to complete the interview quickly. After sending in my video, I never heard from anyone at the company again. Not so much as a note saying they were still considering me, or picking another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe anyone can learn, or that there are ultimately limitations to educating certain people?   Answer Question

Secondary Teacher Interview

Interview

I was sent an email a week after applying. Online one-way taped interview. It was very hard to interview in this format. Never got a response back to even say thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Do you think all kids can learn and what is your responsibility in the process?   Answer Question

Benefits Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Connections Academy (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Applied online. Did a virtual interview initially then received a call for the interview weeks later for an in person interview. Was interviewed with an HR rep and the hiring supervisor for the unit. The interview was relatively easy. They asked about 6 situational questions.

Elementary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Connections Academy (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2014.

Interview

Quick. This process was very quick, but it was also very close to the beginning of the start of the school year. The process was unique - coming from another state - having a phone interview was definitely different. The people were kind and asking typical questions. It was slightly awkward not being able to "see" how I was doing based on using facial cues and such... it wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about traveling... if I was able to travel and how much time I would need as notice. I wasn't expecting a WFM job to require travel.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple. What are you looking for? Will you accept this?

Secondary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Connections Academy in June 2014.

Interview

I got an email to complete a digital interview. In this part, you are given a video instruction to the online process interview. Then, you are told to treat it like an actual interview, find a quiet place, check background and mic, etc. Then, you are given 30 seconds to prepare before each question. Then, you speak into the computer. You have 1-3 minutes to talk and then you move on to the next question. I had about 10 questions.

Then, you may be given a tech test which consists of power point questions, Excel (basic questions about spring info, what a funnel looks like etc,) and Word. It's good to study for it because it's tricky. And there is a typing portion. It's not terrible, but if you don't' do really well, you don't' get the second interview or sometimes the first interview.

The second interview is live via web chat. More difficult questions. The next round is reference check. The questions were behavior based, deadlines,discuss about differential teaching, etc.

It has been a week, and I am still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with large amounts of data? Why is it important?   Answer Question

Returns Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Connections Academy (Columbia, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

A couple weeks after submitting my resume I received a call from the Senior Returns Supervisor stating that they were planning to schedule interviews for the position and asking if I was still interested. The next step was an email from HR with a link to the Hirevue app interview.
    I would strongly suggest that you find a good, quiet location to launch the app and complete the interview. If you are using a tablet or a smartphone, make sure you have a stable place to put the device at same height as your eyes. Look at the camera, not the screen, when answering your questions. There were approximately 10 questions.
    The next step was to schedule an in-person interview. This was a 3 hour affair with homework. You are asked to prepare a Powerpoint presentation that you are to present to a panel of five interviewers. The presentation is expected to be 30 minutes or so. The Q&A sessions are what take the most time. They provide you with a detailed schedule with time expectations.
    The interview was fun and they were all great people.

Middle School Science Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Connections Academy (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

Received a call the day after I submitted my application and resume. Had to prepare a 10 minute lesson relating to any middle school science standard. Interviewed a week later. It took 2 weeks for them to get back to me and it was only an email stating that another applicant had been chosen for the job.

Secondary Science Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Connections Academy in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online to a position posting and in one week they sent me online interview through Hirevue. The online interview required you to have a webcam. Questions popped up on the screen and you answered the questions within a certain time limit. There were a total of 9 questions and 1 essay question on your teaching philosophy. One question asked why do you want to teach in the virtual environment.

Interview Questions

• Who is responsible for student failure?   1 Answer

Elementary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Connections Academy (Englewood, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

Started off with a virtual interview which was emailed to me. Took approximately 30 minutes to answer all questions. After that, I didn't hear anything for almost 2 months, but then I received a phone call asking me to come to the office for an in-person interview. Met with 2 principals and a few teachers and answered your typical teacher questions. Offered the job about a week later!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was given a salary offer + bonus opportunity and asked if I wanted to accept.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Connections Academy.

Interview

A very thorough interview was conducted covering areas of technical ability, critical thinking, and personality. It gave me a chance to interview them, as much as they interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Brain teaser question. I can't remember exactly, but it had to do with how many balls you could fit in a box.   1 Answer

Negotiation

A quick negotiation getting to a number I was comfortable with, even though the original offer was a little low. I was ready for the low number, as my recruiter prepped me, but they were quick to come up to a number I could live with.