Connolly Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Connolly in September 2014.

The interview was very unstructured. I got the sense that they hadn't defined the job well because they didn't really know what they were looking for. The job ended up being reposted under another title. This happened twice -- once for a contract job and once for a permanent position.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer picked up on a philosophy I had, and ran with that for most of the interview.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Connolly.

1 Phone interview and 4 hour in person with 4 different people. Called the next day with an offer

Interview Questions
    • some problem solving questions, designed to see how you would approach a large problem. They want to see your method of thinking, asking questions, being able to deliver what is expected, requirements gathering ect..   View Answer
    they offered I accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Connolly.

Applied online and received an email for a phone interview within the week. Phone screening went well.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked something very specific regarding what I currently do now and it was nice to get to talk in details and not just answer basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Connolly in January 2014.

Applied online. Received an email the next day to set up a phone screen. Set up an in-person interview for later that same week. Interview was two separate 1 on 1 sessions with audit managers. It was almost too laid back. The first interviewer was in jeans and a large hoodie. The only he asked was why do you want to leave your current. The rest of the interview was me asking him questions. Second interview was similar and didn't ask more than 3 typical questions. They constantly gave me contradicting information as to the positions as well. They don't reimburse for travel either. It was a waste of time to show up.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Connolly.

Many, many meetings. Interview process was the better part of the day. It seemed to be focused mostly on fit, with some behavioral questions. The process from resume submission to decision was pushing 2 months.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation...take it or leave it. I did manage another week of vacation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Connolly in November 2013.

Seemed nice, but turned out to be lying about pay.

All lies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Connolly in November 2013.

The process was smooth and straightforward. I reached out to the HR recruiter with my resume. He contacted me two days later to set up an interview. The interview lasted 1.5 hours: 30 minutes for a presentation about the company and two, 1 on 1, half hour interview sessions. All of the interviewers I met with were super friendly. I was contacted a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next five years? What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

Auditor/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Connolly in October 2013.

I submitted an on-line application in September of 2013. Received a call from HR approximately a month later. I was interviewed by the HR Rep over the phone.

Questions were pretty typical. What did you do at your last job? Why do you think you are a good match? What are you salary requirements? They won't let you interview past this point if you don't want to discuss salary or want too much $. They have a range they are willing to pay and there is no negotiation outside of their targeted range. They are pretty dodgy about what they are willing to pay, but they want YOU to tell them what you will accept. I got grunts and groans from the HR rep. several times when I finally gave in to discuss salary. I guess I wanted too much. I lowered my number several times just so I could get my foot in the door for the interview. Eventually I said a number the HR person seemed to accept and I was granted an interview.

The first interview was with peers who I would work with if I got the position. This interview was fairly straight-forward. What did you do in your last job. What do you think your strengths/weaknesses are. Pretty basic questions. I aced this interview. After this interview, I went to the hiring manager's office for another interview. Pretty much asked the same questions as during the first interview. No major curve balls. All basic stuff. Things seems to go well. I was there about 2 hours total, and while I was driving home from the interview, I got a call-back from HR requesting a follow-up interview. This would be a phone interview with a peer in Pennsylvania. That interview was scheduled the following week.

Nothing too major with this next interview. She seemed nice. It was more of a phone call to get to know me. No major curve ball questions. She wanted to know how I liked my previous employer, why I left, what did I think of Connolly so far. Did I like the people, etc.

After this interview I got another callback from HR scheduling another on-site interview.

A week later I went in for this follow-up interview. This round was actually several separate interviews. First, I had 2 separate interviews with different HR people. The first HR rep, asked me (again), basic questions about my experience. What would I do during my second month here and why I would do that, etc. Nothing too difficult.

The 2nd interview with HR seemed more intrusive. This interview was to gather information about the job market and my experience. I was asked what I thought of the job market. Do I think conditions are improving or worsening. She asked how many interviews have I had, How many interviews will I be going on in the near future, I sensed she was trying to determine how desperate I was for a job.

After these 2 interviews I was (again - my second go around) lead to the hiring manager's office. Same basic questions. Tell me about your skills, What did you do in a typical day at your old job, what do you know about our company. What research have you done to find that out.

After this interview concluded, I was brought over to the head-honcho's office (ie; director). This guy would be making the hiring decision. This interview was longer and more intense, but still no major curve balls. What is my management style, why do I want to work here. He asked more personal questions. Who I was as a person, what do I do on my free time, What leisure activities do I enjoy, I felt all the interviews went very well. There were no indications they weren't interested. I was told they would all meet tomorrow to discuss and I would hear something back soon. On my way out, I mentioned that I enjoyed meeting everyone and that I would hear back from them soon. I was told "Oh definitely, you WILL be hearing from us. Don't worry about that." It sounded very positive and I got the impression that I would receive an offer very soon.

Well, it has been a month now with no response. I made follow-up calls and emails to which there has been no response. I have requested status from HR, and judging from their on-line website which handles the interviewing process, I can see when I send an email, someone goes into my file. The 'last updated' field changes, but I do not get any sort of response. The file is still 'under review' Does that mean I am still in the running? Did someone else get the job and they haven't closed out the file yet?

I find this very unprofessional. At the very least, a form letter could be sent. I wasn't selected/still under review/etc. Just some sort of STATUS!

This company needs to get its act together and be more professional with their hiring practices.

I have moved on at this point to examine other opportunities. I have read other responses about this company and this experience is pretty much similar to what others have said ie: Stay away!

Interview Questions
    • All stock questions. Why do I want to work here, What is your management style, If hired, what would you do during your second month here, What do you like to do on your free time. Nothing too difficult here.   Answer Question

Employment Verification Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Connolly.

Was referred to Connolly from a friend while in college. Sent an email with my resume and cover letter to HR and waited. After a few WEEKS I received an email asking me to come in for an interview. I accepted and was interviewed in three segments, first a group interview followed by two separate interviews by specific departments. This was all in one day. I felt the interviews went well and about a week later I was asked to come in for a follow up interview with one of the higher ups. Again the interview seemed to have went well and I was told I would be emailed in about a week to let me know the decision.

WEEKS later I still hadn't heard anything and by this time I had graduated college and was taking interviews with other companies, having grown tired waiting for Connolly. I finally called the HR department and was told the people whose applications had been rejected were already notified, I hadn't been on that list, and that I should be receiving an email within a week to let me know where I stood. To most this would take this as pretty good news, though I was still a bit skeptical since this company had made a number of promises on the day of my first interview. Another week went by with no word. By this point I had had a number of successful interviews elsewhere and was getting ready to settle for a local government position but I was open to the Connolly position still. By Thursday of the following week, over almost two months since my initial interview I received a standard letter stating they had other candidates that more closely fit the (60) positions they were hiring for. I couldn't believe they made me wait so long to tell me I didn't get the job! I understand that I am fresh out of college, but they could have let me know much, much sooner. I am very disappointed in the lack of professionalism in the office (since I know a number of people that work there).

Also, in the first interview the HR representative stated anyone who doesn't get accepted is given an actual reason as to why they weren't hired. This was a flat out lie. The letter I received was just like any corporate rejection letter, vague and impersonal. Even if a position did open up with this company that I fit well for, I highly doubt I would take it.

Health Audit Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Connolly.

HR person called and advised me that the hiring Director might offer me a lower level position and to not "take it badly". Advised hiring director that I was interested in management position only. HR manager then tried to hard sell me on taking a lower level position. Company wanted a face to face interview (I am out of state) and refused to comp me for gas to drive down. Run as fast as you can

Interview Questions

Company was unorganized, high pressure and not professional