Connor's Steak and Seafood

Candidate Interview Review

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Connor's Steak and Seafood in February 2007.

Noticed opportunity on their website. Contacted their company office and was set up with interview with a Managing Partner of one of their locations. I was asked the normal array of questions such as "What got your interest with Connor Concepts." He asked about past experience, salary requirements and "If I had wheels." which was his conversational way of inquiring as to the possibility of relocation from Knoxville if necessary. He spoke a little about the company and the "Corporate Office" next door which I thought somewhat strange due the fact that Connor Concepts is not a publicly traded company.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked for a difficult GM and if so tell me how you handled it.   View Answer

The offer of 36K was too low. I also got a sense that they may not the company for me when I noticed the greeter sitting down eating(while periodically greeting and seating guests), a cook and too many servers to count on their cell phones. It all comes down to taking care of business everyday and I could tell that this didn't happen that day. Additionally I overheard a brief interaction between a server and what appeared to be a poorly dressed manager discussing how the company doesn't prefer to hire "blacks or mexicans." If this observation was accurate then this place truly requires an overhaul.